xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluedragon

Help With Buying A Headset help with buying a headphones + mike combination

Hi, I am looking for a headset (Headphone + Microphone combined ) :D Can anyone guide me with this.. I am looking for a wired headset with at least 3 m cable length and exceptional clarity. And I don't want a USB type, since My USB is all used up :D Pls suggest something. I have already tried Phillips M500 but the sound is not that great.Thanks

Don't swear off of USB just yet. Snag a good hub with a power supply, like Targus's 7-port USB 2.0 hub. (I'm talking about the older style which didn't run me much at all... there's apparently a new one that has an audio pass-through- which I take as an additional headphone jack - and runs $40 or so.)

Here's a list of wired headsets, sorted by editor's rating on CNET. I trust CNET with their reviews... it's one of the better review sites for new toys and gadgets. :D

USB headphones use their own integrated sound card, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, you can only use them on the pc. Sennheiser is good, if a little on the expensive side. I got these Sennheiser PC 160's quite some time ago. Light, fantastic clarity, mic, etc for $150 and isn't even close to needing to be replaced despite a few (??) years old meaning I've saved money since I've hadn't had to replace the headphones. Stay away from real cheap stuff and 5.1 channel headphones - there isn't a good sounding 5.1 set out yet. I did find out that I had to alter the bass/treble on my sound card a bit to pump out the best quality. If you don't mind paying a premium, I'd defiantly suggest getting something from Sennheiser - I haven't looked back :D

Logitech are apparently not that bad, but I've never tried their headsets and honestly I'm not happy with that brand at the moment. Creative I'd assume are meant to be good, since they do have competitive speaker solutions, but I certainly won't be buying from them after what I've been trough with them either.

Rayzoredge - Atomic is another good gadget/toy review site and most of the people who comment there are "in-the-know-geeks" too. They practically run the site.

i think you should go for i-ball or zebronics they both are good in headphones.in these specially i-ball it is just great.and most important think you can buy for very cheap from anywhere it is avialable at all stores..

ha ha.. I would have bought a cheap Headphone if I was looking for one ...I don't need reviews / suggestions for cheap headphones..:DAlthough iBall is good .. But their life is low .. Not worth buying since I am considering this for a great gaming experience :D

M still confused.. If someone could give me some model nos and make .. that would be a great help :DAlthough I am considering Altec Lansing H602, but I m still not able make up my mind @Razoredge .. :D thanks for the reviews @Live-Dimension .. I am not able to find Sennheiser's Headset .. I could find the ones without mike quite easily but not the complete headset.. I'll continue my search