xisto Community
MacFly

Pr6 Dropped To Pr5 With More Traffic ? How can this be ?

Hi !I run a Search Engine called Mixcat.com I have had the domain up and running since 96 and have seen great growth other the years. This year we have had the most growth due to our FREE Hosting that we offer. Our Alexa Rank went from 24K down to the 12K range this week. Our traffic almost doubles ever month as we add on 100-200 free hosting sites per day. Does anyone have any idea why we would have dropped from a PR6 about 5-6 months ago to a PR5!?! Could it be we have lots of links to non-popular sites now? Im at a loss and would love to know what you guys think.Thanks!

Well, PageRank isn't dependant on traffic, like your Alexa rating is. Page rank is based on the PageRank of people linking to your site. It might be that some of the more popular sites have stopped linking to you?

PR is dependent on the quality of the inbound links. The last PR update nearly all websites have a decrease in PR or no gain. May be the algo has changed .. but i would say that PR 5 is still a very potent PR and very hard to get that :rolleyes: a PR5 and PR6 will have no diff in SERP :)