xisto Community

Question: What is the best way to get to sleep easily? Ant tips?_I really can't get to sleep easily i'm always rolling around takes me up to a hour and half even more sometimes to go to bed. Help is appreciated thanks.

Physical exercise a couple hours before bedtime, read a book as you wait to sleep (a computer programming book seems to work) or generally relax for an hour prior to sleeptime. Watch some television, nothing requiring deep thoughts or thinking prior to sleep time seems to work for me.*palindromic snipe... posting number 3773 for me... *

I find that, if you want a good night's sleep, don't be anxious, and I always find that reading a book works unsually well, try not to eat lots of things before going to bed, and only use sleeping pills as suicide pills... Try to not play any games before sleeping and don't watch anything horror, action, or anything that has suspense, something like dr phil, or maybe read something like 5 most least used functions in php, or something you completely do not understand, i.e. something like how to create a hoverboard in 3 days with US$500, or something like that, also like jlhaslip said, try not to think very hard, and remember that sleeping pills are suicide pills... (no offence to those who take sleeping pills, but to those that do take them, STOP!)

I agree sleeping pills should always be a last resort...I find that when I take them, I'm so groggy and out of it the next day that it's almost as if I had just spent the night awake. For me, what helps me get to sleep is a little high carb snack: usually a bowl of air-popped popcorn, and a nice, relaxing book. I also like to keep the temperature in my room down to just below comfortable because it slows my body down and makes it easier to fall asleep. I avoid computer/television screen light; I don't like the stimulus of tv anyway right before I go to bed.

i find i fall asleep the easiest right after a nice warm bath, try and sleep around the same time each night and try not too do too much physical activity just before you goto bed. (Though i hear it works for some people but definitely not for me lol)I agree that sleeping pills should be a last resort, it can't be good to take sleeping pills regularly or have to rely on them to put you to sleep.

the best way to get to sleep is to close all of the windows; im talkin block out ALL light! so when you open and close your eyes, you cant tell the difference, its so dark! next, play some of your favorite music real low in the room. to add to that, take a hot shower or work out before bed, or hey, have a sastifying meal to sleep on..... all of that, and youll sleep real well!!if all else fails, during the day, work your butt off! find something to clean, destroy, lift, push, carry, ... anything that needs to be done around the house, do it! if you make your self that tired , that night, youll sleep real well too!

Sometimes I'll end up falling asleep or get very close to it by wearing some headphones and listening to some of my favorite music to the point where it tunes everything else out. I'll just stretch out on my bed and close my eyes. I think that it works quite nicely, even though I usually don't plan on falling asleep...Note: ... I do listen to Black Metal though... so there is some ambiance, and eerie melodies etc.... its nice to fall asleep to.

People don't take pills!! There are many ways to get to sleep easily. I will tell U my way because I've got the same problem. U must do one (not simple:P) thing. Just don't fall asleep. When U can not sleep and this is yours only nightmare just do some thing for example read or watch or listen something but don't fall asleep!! Don't sleep all night. The next day do the things U're usually do but don't get nap or sleep during the day. When evening comes you'll be very sleepee but wait untill your hours comes, i mean the houre you want to fall asleep every day. wait untill it comes. You will have the night of your life:P The next day you will sleep like never before. And the next day and so on. sometimes it's very difficult but it's worth it.

A good night?s sleep is very important to the average person. Some people claim that their body is in good condition even if they sleep less than three hours a day. The critical factors to having a sound sleep are the length of sleep and the quality of sleep. Other factors that may affect this is our body?s condition. People who snores does not sleep as well as people who does not snores.We should never go to sleep when we do not want to. Always let the body be prepared for sleep before you lie on your bed. When our body is not ready for bed, it is natural that you will not be able to sleep.If we have been lying on the bed for more than twenty minutes and we are still awake, we should get out of bed immediately. Doing some light exercise at night when we cannot sleep is a better alternative than lying on the bed waiting to sleep.Do not use your bed for other purpose than sleeping. When we are going to the bed, the body should have a feeling that we are going to sleep. If we watch TV and read books on our bed, the body may not understand that we want to go to sleep when we are going to our bed.

watch mtv. Trust me you'll fall asleep way too fast with that boring crap. No joke. Offtopic: Spongebob is now on mtv so i can't fall asleep sometimes -.-

I like to count. I end up thinking about everything else, but I try not to. One bear, two bears, three bears, four bears, five bears... I am already bored. Mostly I just kind of create my dream and then I suddenly fall asleep. Sometimes I try not to think about anything, but when I am just about to fall asleep I think "Finally!" and then I am suddenly far away from sleeping... I love my radio. I have it on low and then I sometimes turn it a bit up if it is a nice song on. Falling to sleep with people talking works very good for me. I do not ever fall asleep to my Mp3. I need it to be radio. If you do not want to count bears, then sheep's is a good option.

I generally get to sleep by taking a hot shower then I turn the air on to where it brings the temp down to ~70 (Fahrenheit) and php/java books ftw...although it could be anything. If your not much into reading I sometimes think back on all the things that happened in the day or I think about things I need to do.

Dont eat anything before you go to bed. Try not eating an hour before you plan on sleeping. If your stomach is digesting food it will cause to stay awake longer.

Excersise throughout the day. A morning or afternoon run will do you good, and help you sleep better.

Read a book or magazine before you sleep. This makes me sleepy.

If your stressed you might not sleep well. So try to rid yourself of any stress. Meditation would be a great way to relax yourself- if thats your thing.

Thats all I've got :lol:

Well......there is the brain waves generator that sustains certain frequencies that can make you go to sleep. They can also help you concentrate, relax, and even stay more clam.