xisto Community

Im am really new to the web design world. I have a hosting account and have uploaded my files to the webserver on Xisto. I have some html/css/xtml built pages that i would like to put up. I just don't know how I would do this from the control panel. I had the template saved to my local computer but once on the site, the directory structure is not working well. (like images folder etc.) Im sure it's something simple, but any help is appreciated.BTW, this site is incredible. Thanks Guys!

Edited by ckcomputerstallahassee (see edit history)

Sign on to your cpanel and use the File Manager to upload the file structure.Ensure the same file folder structure as is on your local system.

ive tried...instructions say to upload to /public_html and I have. I used NVU to design my page which is more or less a wysiwyg editor. I am very new to html +css +xtml..My pages show, but the css and xtml formatting seems to be missing after i upload. What are the vti folders? should i upload to them, or should i just upload my own /images /css and individaul .html pages to the /public_html root?Thanks so much

The CSS files are what does the styling of the page, so if they are messed up, you likley need to upload them. make syre they get pplaced in the correct spot. If they are in a different sub-folder inside your public_html, then make sure you add the folder and upload the css file to the right sub-folder.

thank you..i finally got it all figured out..my css was linked internally and now that is fixed. However on IE my site seems to have minor alignment problems..header and pictures are overlapping and site seems squished all together. On firefox it looks beautiful. Im afraid if i change it to work in IE, it will look bad in firefox. Is there a quick fix for this type of thing. I used a tool to clean up any extra code/markup, but nothing changed.

Okay, I will mark this topic resolved.

Start another topic in the Cascading Style Sheet sub-forum ( http://forums.xisto.com/topic/277-css-cascading-style-sheets/ ).
Post the html code, the css code and a link to your site for us to review the output.
Place the code inside [ codebox ] [ /codebox ] bbcodes, as per the Xisto readme. (spaces in the bbcode should be removed)

thanks.