xisto Community
jjaenagle

What Do You Think About God?

wow! That is an amazing story! At times, there is nothing to do but praise god at the things he can do! A lot of it sounds unbelievable to me, but i know that god works in ways like that and i can do nothing but believe and praise him for that!

Edited by jjaenagle (see edit history)

All these myths stories etc are making me even more skeptical, when I came to the forum I was closer to agnostic than I am now though still athiest, people trying to persaude me is makig me closer to athiesm. It's Ironic.

sorry kobra... but that was my whole problem too before... i still have a hard time believing some stories but thats with everything.how can you believe in the fact that the entire universe was created from a giant boom or that everyone and everything came from a single cell.these stories just prove to me more about the signs of god.

When I think about God , the thing come to my mind is his Love.A father took his toddler to the beach. As she was playing in a sandbox, an icecream salesman approached them. The father purchased her a treat and when he turned to give her, he saw her mouth full of sand. Where the father intended to put a delicacy, the child had put dirt! Would the love of the father towards his child decrease because of her behaviour? Of course not! He loved her inspite of what she had done, but he did not leave her there. He carried her to a tap nearby and washed her mouth because he loved her. Then he put the delicacy in her mouth. God does the same for us. When we sin, He urges us, Spit out the dirt my child! He cleanses our filth with His fountain of blood. He removes from us our immorality, dishonesty, prejudice, bitterness and greed. Sometimes we even opt for the dirt instead of the icecream. We say stubbornly, I can eat dirt, if I want to! But if we do, then we only stand to lose. God wants to change us because He loves us.God's Love is Wonderful and no one can deny it .

he programmed himself or what ? ;) <<this must be my...XXXXXXXXXX91 sin hmm..I don't know maybe he's there and take care of me..I need to do some research if I want to find him.. anyway I believe there is a God, good or bad or however He is...or however we are

I need to do some research if I want to find him.. anyway I believe there is a God, good or bad or however He is...or however we are

well thats a start and thats how i started!

I would say this a silly question or offending one? How can you ask someone to give any impression with this kind of question. We are not talking about an human being. Well I would give a short and easy answer: God created the Earth and mankind and everything else in the Universe including it. So isn't it enough??

I'm an atheist, but it isn't something I discuss much. I don't like adults who enjoy telling kids that there is no Santa Claus, and I don't feel the need to run around explaining to religious people that gods don't exist. Some people are afraid of death and some aren't smart enough to learn about the scientific view of the world. For these people religion plays an important role in their lives. Until there's a Science 'Bible' that is comprehensible to nearly everybody, religion will continue to be a benefit to many people who, without it, would feel fearful and could become less civilized in their conduct.

Hi mikeyboy63

You are right that many people are religious because they are not educated in science.

However, keep in mind that there are many cases of leading scientists that ended up returning to God.
Francis Bacon: 'A little science estranges a man from God. A lot of science brings him back.'

Why do you think that is?

All these myths stories etc are making me even more skeptical, when I came to the forum I was closer to agnostic than I am now though still athiest, people trying to persaude me is makig me closer to athiesm. It's Ironic.

OK. Be skeptical.

Do not forget to be skeptical of your own thoughts too.

Do you think he loves you? Do you think god exists? Do you believe in god but not jesus? (Think about it too) If you dont believe in Jesus, then you dont believe in heaven or hell or sin or eternal life.... unless of course you believe in a god that does have some of those things.

I do not think god exists. I don't believe in god, or Jesus in the spiritual sense. Perhaps back in the day, someone named Jesus did exist, he was born on December 25th, and he was crucified for his actions against the king (or whatever the reason was that he was crucified) , and then lain to rest in some tomb. Now this is where i stop, and perhaps he wasn't resurrected three days later.

I myself, was raised to go to church, believe in god, believe i was going to hell unless i believed in god, and that i wasn't going to be allowed into heaven if i didn't follow the teachings of god and Crist. However, as i got older and was able to think about these things more in depth, was taught science in school, and individually researched many famous scientists and their theories, i began to question how any of this would be possible.

As it was argued early in these posts, even before the supposed great flood, incest was a big thing in changing my mind. If all life derived from Adam and eve then that would mean that Adam and eve children would have committed incest and started the chain of genetic deformities that come from inter-family breeding. And in an even deeper sense, eve is 'apart of Adam' is she not? Did god not take a rib from Adam to create eve. If he did, then eve was created from the same DNA and genetic structure as Adam, and the genetic deformities would have been started a generation earlier. For those that claim the defects of incest are a myth, just something in store to scare people from committing this act, the Habsburg family is a good example of deformities that can happen because of a deformed gene being passed on from a mom and a father who have the same defective gene (ie, brother and sister). The odds of pairing two people who aren't related that have the exact same deformed gene are very slim.

Also, it was not sinful at that point

So, over time, the views of god can be changed by any one man, so tomorrow someone could come out and say that incest isn't a sin anymore (is it even now?) and everything in the bible about incest being a sin would be re-written?..okie dokie....
In doing research on religions to further educate myself on the origin and the existence, i found that there are many similarities in ancient 'gods'. Some examples,

Our Jesus:
Born on December 25th, from the virgin mary
Dead three days, and then resurrected
Became a teacher at 12
Had 12 disciples that traveled with him and watched him perform miracles
Was known by, lamb of god, son of god, light of the world, alpha and omega

Horus (Egypt)
December 25th, by the virgin Isis
He became a teacher around the age of 12
He had 12 disciples that traveled and watched him perform miracles
was known by: lamb of god, the light, the truth, gods anointed son.
Crucified after being betrayed, and resurrected 3 days later

Attis (Greece)
Born of virgin Nana on December 25th
Crucified, and resurrected three days later after being put in a tomb

Krishnia (India)
Born not through intercourse, and not of a virgin
Had disciples that he preformed miracles with
Upon death, was resurrected

Dionysus (Greece)
Born of a virgin, impregnated by a lightning bolt from Zeus
Traveling teacher who preformed miracles
Refered to as king of kings, alpha and omega

Mithra (Persia)
Depending on the story, born of a virgin, or a female rock... on December 25th
had 12 disciples, performed miracles
was know as the truth, the light
upon death was resurrected, and his day of worship, was Sundays

My research of those came from a movie, but i have done the research to back them up, i have also added information not included in the movie.
How is it that all of these similarities have come from different religions. Some may claim that they are all derived from one religion, and that religion would coincidentally be their religion.

When being taught about all of the animals in the world, and how certain animals are unique to their area, and could only live in certain climates, i got to thinking. How would it be possible to fit over 115,000 different species of animals onto an ark to survive a flood, and then disperse all of those animals back to their suitable/habitual lands. Some may claim that there weren't that many species back when the big flood happened. Well if that's the case, then all of the other species that are out there today, have evolved from the original species that were saved from the floods. Uh oh, evolution? Whaaat???

As it was argued early in these posts, even before the supposed great flood, incest was a big thing in changing my mind. If all life derived from Adam and eve then that would mean that Adam and eve children would have committed incest and started the chain of genetic deformities that come from inter-family breeding. And in an even deeper sense, eve is 'apart of Adam' is she not? Did god not take a rib from Adam to create eve. If he did, then eve was created from the same DNA and genetic structure as Adam, and the genetic deformities would have been started a generation earlier. For those that claim the defects of incest are a myth, just something in store to scare people from committing this act, the Habsburg family is a good example of deformities that can happen because of a deformed gene being passed on from a mom and a father who have the same defective gene (ie, brother and sister). The odds of pairing two people who aren't related that have the exact same deformed gene are very slim.

This is an old statement that doesn't even stand up to critical thinking or Biblical study. Your main premise is that incest always existed. But you haven't even shown that, you only assume it true throughout your entire statement. In fact, your statement implies that God is stupid or something. Do you think He is incapable of preventing deformities until He so wishes it for it to kick in? In fact, if you read Genesis concerning the events after the flood you'll find statements that imply that this was indeed the case, that He didn't allow for deformities until after a certain period. Yet, even if we were to assume the theory of evolution, you yourself would have to admit it is possible for deformities to come into play at a later time.

So, over time, the views of god can be changed by any one man, so tomorrow someone could come out and say that incest isn't a sin anymore (is it even now?) and everything in the bible about incest being a sin would be re-written?..okie dokie....

As mentioned, that need not be the case.

My research of those came from a movie, but i have done the research to back them up, i have also added information not included in the movie.

How is it that all of these similarities have come from different religions. Some may claim that they are all derived from one religion, and that religion would coincidentally be their religion.

You may want to re-look at your information. No known scholar today would agree that Jesus was born in December, even more so on the 25th. In fact, to say that Jesus was born in December 25th could be appeal to Christmas. There is evidence that shows that Jesus may have been born in late September, early October. They say this is concluded because, if i remember correctly, a certain crop is said to grow only during that time of the season. Therefore, it would follow that these other religions took from the Abrahamic religions.

But even if we were to assume December 25th, to say that no such event occurred would be a false dilemma on your part. Just because it came from "religion" doesn't make it false. This is why it is a false dilemma if one were to claim it false, because the premise generally assumes that religions are false to begin with, yet they provide no evidence for their premise (which is obviously false). It's like saying to a Judge in a court room, "I'm sorry, Your Honor, but we cannot trust the overwhelming number of witnesses. The reason being is because there are too many of them! They can't be true!"

When being taught about all of the animals in the world, and how certain animals are unique to their area, and could only live in certain climates, i got to thinking. How would it be possible to fit over 115,000 different species of animals onto an ark to survive a flood, and then disperse all of those animals back to their suitable/habitual lands. Some may claim that there weren't that many species back when the big flood happened. Well if that's the case, then all of the other species that are out there today, have evolved from the original species that were saved from the floods. Uh oh, evolution? Whaaat???

Rather than trying to explain this, you can look at this topic, as it goes into great detail on the flood event. And by the way, bringing in evolution at this point in time, that is, at the time of the ending of the flood isn't plausible. We all know just how many years it takes just for one species to evolve into another, so a few thousand years isn't enough, especially since your statement implies that some of the animals on the ark that were supposed to be saved died due to their inability to live under those climates.

This is an old statement that doesn't even stand up to critical thinking or Biblical study. Your main premise is that incest always existed. But you haven't even shown that, you only assume it true throughout your entire statement. In fact, your statement implies that God is stupid or something. Do you think He is incapable of preventing deformities until He so wishes it for it to kick in? In fact, if you read Genesis concerning the events after the flood you'll find statements that imply that this was indeed the case, that He didn't allow for deformities until after a certain period. Yet, even if we were to assume the theory of evolution, you yourself would have to admit it is possible for deformities to come into play at a later time.

How could incest not have existed? If he created Adam and eve, and they reproduced two children, and those two children reproduced to have two more children, the cycle of incest started right there.

incest

inâ‹…cest

noun

1. sexual intercourse between closely related persons.

2. the crime of sexual intercourse, cohabitation, or marriage between persons within the degrees of consanguinity or affinity wherein marriage is legally forbidden.

In case number 1 it is shown immediately. A brother and a sister, two closely related persons, having sexual intercourse makes for incest. So of course incest would have always existed because the dominant gene for a certain deformity that could have aroused would be present in everyone in the family, no matter their distance. So even if two cousins ten times removed 50 generations later were to commit incest, the two dominant genes would still be present, and cause deformities.

Why would god want for such deformities to kick in at such a time that he desired. Why not have the deformities NEVER kick in, why not make everyone perfect with no deformities? Why not continue to manage and withhold the deformities? Why would he even 'create' deformities to hinder the human population? For humor?

I don't quite understand what you mean by 'deformities to come into play at a later time'. I think you mean, that since the theory of evolution suggests that we are all from one single celled organism, that one organism would ultimately be similar to my theory behind Adam and Eve, and how the incest started with them/their children in the sense that everything comes from that one organism. However, this one single celled organism wouldn't have to reproduce by means of meiosis, but my mitosis

Mitosis is

Mitosis is the mechansim involved in all these processes, it is the type of cell division1 where 2 new cells are produced from a single cell. The two new cells have the same number of chromosomes as the parent cell and are identical to it and to each other.

Meiosis is

A type of cellular reproduction in which the number of chromosomes are reduced by half through the separation of homologous chromosomes in a diploid cell.

So instead of having sexual reproduction (meiosis) happen, and the different chromosomes being divided in half and combined with the two parent cells, the single celled organism is making an exact copy of itself, and this could happen many billions of times until there were either many single celled organism or many multi-cellular organisms that went through the process of natural selection (survival of the fittest) meaning the strong survive and adapt, and the weak die off. Suggesting that there was evolution in there, where the genes of these single celled organisms or multi-cellular organisms were altered physically to adapt to living conditions and to give advantages over others etc...

You may want to re-look at your information. No known scholar today would agree that Jesus was born in December, even more so on the 25th. In fact, to say that Jesus was born in December 25th could be appeal to Christmas. There is evidence that shows that Jesus may have been born in late September, early October. They say this is concluded because, if i remember correctly, a certain crop is said to grow only during that time of the season. Therefore, it would follow that these other religions took from the Abrahamic religions.

Yes, i will admit that i do conform to the common public assumption that Jesus was born on December 25th, however it is the day that was marked as the day to commemorate his birth, and still a coloration between Jesus, and other religious figures in history. From research that i have been doing, i have read that Christmas was created because of the original roman holiday of Saturnalia, a day to worship a religious figure named Saturn, the son of Mithra the sun goddess who was also assumed to be born on December 25th, as stated in my original post. As for the certain crop that only grows in certain season, i cannot really say because i haven't gone through the bible in enough detail to remember mentioning of any crop at the time of his birth. As for these other religions taking from the Abrahamic religions, (i read somewhere just a second ago, but now i cant find it to back this up, but) the celebration of the religious figure Saturn originated before Christianity.

Rather than trying to explain this, you can look at this topic, as it goes into great detail on the flood event.

I have read the topic, and from my understanding all it talks about is the life spam of people before and after the flood suddenly changing. Unless you refer to the entirety of the whole topic, in which case in the first 3-4 posts it still seems like the discussion of the earth being knocked off of it's axis and the life spam prior to and after the flood.

And by the way, bringing in evolution at this point in time, that is, at the time of the ending of the flood isn't plausible. We all know just how many years it takes just for one species to evolve into another, so a few thousand years isn't enough, especially since your statement implies that some of the animals on the ark that were supposed to be saved died due to their inability to live under those climates.

I cant quite understand what you mean by this, i don't know if it's because of my lack of sleep, or what. lol But what i understand from the statement is that you are suggesting that there still was a great flood of the earth and all species were wiped out and re-started to start the evolution process all over again? Is that anywhere remotely close to what you're trying to say? lol i feel dumb not being able to understand it >.<

How could incest not have existed? If he created Adam and eve, and they reproduced two children, and those two children reproduced to have two more children, the cycle of incest started right there.

Whoops! I meant deformities. My mistake; thinking one thing, writing another...

Why would god want for such deformities to kick in at such a time that he desired. Why not have the deformities NEVER kick in, why not make everyone perfect with no deformities? Why not continue to manage and withhold the deformities? Why would he even 'create' deformities to hinder the human population? For humor?

"Hinder the population" implies that it isn't avoidable—that it'll occur to the entire population. Humans weren't made perfect; to be perfect is to be equal to God. Look at your current avatar (at the time of this writing) to know why that would be undesirable. I did not say that He created or started it, i said that He allowed it—which is probably why it was later condemn. There is no Biblical explanation that i know of on why it was allowed. In any case, deformities due to incest is avoidable.

I don't quite understand what you mean by 'deformities to come into play at a later time'. I think you mean, that since the theory of evolution suggests that we are all from one single celled organism, that one organism would ultimately be similar to my theory behind Adam and Eve, and how the incest started with them/their children in the sense that everything comes from that one organism. However, this one single celled organism wouldn't have to reproduce by means of meiosis, but my mitosis

So instead of having sexual reproduction (meiosis) happen, and the different chromosomes being divided in half and combined with the two parent cells, the single celled organism is making an exact copy of itself, and this could happen many billions of times until there were either many single celled organism or many multi-cellular organisms that went through the process of natural selection (survival of the fittest) meaning the strong survive and adapt, and the weak die off. Suggesting that there was evolution in there, where the genes of these single celled organisms or multi-cellular organisms were altered physically to adapt to living conditions and to give advantages over others etc...

I meant due to the randomness of evolution, deformities could have kicked in at a later time. Since the human species can still survive without incest, this can be passed on forever. And since in the theory of evolution things can't evolve to a previous state, the deformities due to incest will therefore last forever.

Yes, i will admit that i do conform to the common public assumption that Jesus was born on December 25th, however it is the day that was marked as the day to commemorate his birth, and still a coloration between Jesus, and other religious figures in history. From research that i have been doing, i have read that Christmas was created because of the original roman holiday of Saturnalia, a day to worship a religious figure named Saturn, the son of Mithra the sun goddess who was also assumed to be born on December 25th, as stated in my original post. As for the certain crop that only grows in certain season, i cannot really say because i haven't gone through the bible in enough detail to remember mentioning of any crop at the time of his birth. As for these other religions taking from the Abrahamic religions, (i read somewhere just a second ago, but now i cant find it to back this up, but) the celebration of the religious figure Saturn originated before Christianity.

I already know that Christmas came from a pagan concept (just like wedding rings), but that doesn't make Christianity false. Other evidence on why December 25th could not have been Jesus's birthday would come from how the shepherds acted during that time. For example in Luke 2:8, it says that there were shepherds living outside during the night. Back then, when it would get quite hot during the night, people would often sleep outside or on their rooftops, since it was much cooler there than inside their homes. If it was December it would have been too cold to sleep outside.

I cant quite understand what you mean by this, i don't know if it's because of my lack of sleep, or what. lol But what i understand from the statement is that you are suggesting that there still was a great flood of the earth and all species were wiped out and re-started to start the evolution process all over again? Is that anywhere remotely close to what you're trying to say? lol i feel dumb not being able to understand it >.<

You said certain animals could only live in certain areas. This implies that if you move them out of their environment, they would die, therefore implying that some animals that were supposed to make it passed the flood died on the boat. So in order for there to be as many animals as there are today, new ones would have had to evolve all over again from whatever microscopic organism that the flood would have potentially produced. But since this process takes a VERY long time, that could not have been the case, except perhaps to, yet again, more individual creations from God.

What do you think about GOD? I am a Christian and i know a lot about him. I know he loves me, and he is perfect in every way. I couldn't imagine my life without him and sometimes his ways of "love" confuses me.

I sometimes have questions like why does god let bad things happen? I know the answer, but they still make me think! I would have a hard time rejecting him, knowing all the things i know about him.

Do you think he loves you? Do you think god exists? Do you believe in god but not jesus? (Think about it too) If you dont believe in Jesus, then you dont believe in heaven or hell or sin or eternal life.... unless of course you believe in a god that does have some of those things.

But then, what else is your god?

My dear friend what I think is God is there in each one of us as the kindness and good things in us. So if we are good to others to the poor people out there and if we are kind to the needy people and help them when and where required then even we can be like a good. For that we should get rid of all the usual bad habits in us like hattred, jealousy etc. And always be kind to others. It may be possible that others may differ in there views from me But I think that the super power know as God resides in each and every one of us. 

My God is an all natural God who doesn't discriminate,he justsorts things out according to their natural order.It sounds simple enough,but I do think thatthere is something out there that co-ordinates our creation and our existence,though not in a doom and gloom way,or a walk on water way,though I dobelieve in Jesus.God is the source of our being as well as our benefactor.It may sound simple,but whoever we are,and in whatever situation,wemust find our own path,for it is there.