xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inhuman

Jack Thompson Found Guilty On 27 Of 31 Misconduct Charges

I got 3 sources for you
Gamepolitics....this one takes a bit to load, but it has the full story.
Joystiq
Kotaku

Ok, for those that don't know who Jack Thompson is, he's an attorney who has spoken against video games....he lies to the public about them, and yet he's an "expert" on them, with even picking up a controller. He's basically a public nuisance, which is something he claimed the video game Bully to be. He really can't back up any of his arguments because of the fact that he has never played a single game, AND falsely accuses the games and makers of outrages things. And if you're a gamer who has never heard the name Jack Thompson, crawl out of your cave...you need sunlight. :D

Judge Dana Tunis, of the Florida Supreme Court (I think), recommended the following guilty verdicts among the Florida Bar Offenses:

* Knowingly making a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal * Knowingly disobeying an obligation under the rules of a tribunal
* Communicating the merits of the case with a judge before whom the proceeding is pending
* Using means that have no purpose other than to embarrass, delay or burden a third person
* Engaging in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation
* Engaging in conduct in connection with the practice of law that is prejudicial to the administration of justice, including to knowingly or through callous indifference disparage or humiliate litigants or other lawyers
* Making statements that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to the truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge

My thoughts: Finally this guy got nailed, now I hope we can move on to more important things....like impeaching Bush.
Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)