xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Carson

Allowed Memory Size Exhausted How can I increase it ?

I have a forum and content management system which both use the same database. A module on my forum runs an automated task to backup this database to my email address and also in a directory locally.

A couple of weeks ago I stopped getting backup emails, and when i run the ask manually I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10415192 bytes) in /home/marked/public_html/forums/sources/tasks/auto_mysql_backup.php on line 722

I need to get this working again reasonably quickly as I dont want to have to lose weeks of posts, members and content because my backing-up system isnt working. I've had to restore the database before, and luckily I had the days before backup.

Is this something to do with .htaccess? Can I "increase" my allowed memory size? What can I do here?

Thanks in advance.

Allowed Memory Size Exhausted error in phpmyadmin... how i resolve...Allowed Memory Size Exhausted

hi; first sorry for my english I speak spanish...

well; I have this error when I try to import a database estructure and data from other BD. I find in other sites and I no have responses, I increase the limit of memory in php.Ini, but the same error follow. 

So, I import the database whit the error, next I go in the phpadmin to the Operations link tab, there I copy the database with a diferent name and use default options, next delete (drop) the original database (with error) and rename the copied database... And voila! now is ok!!.

I don't know why happen but if it resolve your problem is ok...

bye!!

-reply by Patricio Cifuentes

well; I have this error when I try to import a database estructure and data from other BD. I find in other sites and I no have responses, I increase the limit of memory in php.Ini, but the same error follow.

You will need to contact you host to see if it can be changed.
In most cases they cant change it without and upgrade of a small fee.

Notice from galexcd:
Do not sign your posts off with your name. We all know who you are and it is against the forum rules

I have a forum and content management system which both use the same database. A module on my forum runs an automated task to backup this database to my email address and also in a directory locally.
A couple of weeks ago I stopped getting backup emails, and when i run the ask manually I get the following error:

I need to get this working again reasonably quickly as I dont want to have to lose weeks of posts, members and content because my backing-up system isnt working. I've had to restore the database before, and luckily I had the days before backup.

Is this something to do with .htaccess? Can I "increase" my allowed memory size? What can I do here?

Thanks in advance.

Do you run your stuff on a web hosting service or on a server?

If you are able to modify PHP settings, which is prohibited or limited on most web hosting service, seek a line like "memory_limit = 16M" to the desired size. Do not forget to reload the HTTP service if you own the server.