xisto Community
dwolters

How Long Does It Take For Google To Index Your Website?

Google takes around three hours to add your URL to their database but he start to show two days later. I recommend you to use the Google´s add URL tool. Not use that sites when promise you to add your website to 300 search engines if you put a backlink to them.
When your website is up the Page Rank will be 0. So you will have to work a lot to scale positions and make your site a top ten for the keyword you are working. Making good content and optimizing the meta tags and the title you will can put your site in the map.

So it is a challenge to beat Google. Are you ready?

Google from time to time change their way of crawling URLS. There are time that some URLS are not crawl even it is Indexed.

I have a blog where I submitted a sitemaps like this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.. At first it went okay. But then when I check it out a few weeks after its status is "X". So I change it to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/?redirect=false This is because Google is now treating feed burner a unique directory.

Hmm, i found google to be a little random in these things but anyway i'm using its webmaster tool for many years, the webmaster tool seems to cause faster indexing for your website, by the way it needs sitemap of your website and for cms softwares you can find many plugins for making a sitemap for you web page so the result depends on how the plugin works. in joomla i can say you need no sitemap at all because with only changing url type of it you can get indexed very fast, for example for a new built website which uses joomla with seo friendly url type it takes around 1 hour for getting indexed on google, this thing is even better with wordpress, when i create a wordpress based website, without any plugin or any modification i can get indexed on google just in a hour so for most of the CMS based website you should not worry for indexing.But in forums everything is different, when you create a mybb based website you need to use a plugin for making sitemap for your forum and give it to google in webmaster tool, if you don't do that the result is just disappointing, by default it takes maybe 2 or 3 days for google to index you or even sometimes a specific topic will not be indexed at all, so using a sitemap generator is really needed for this type of forum software, but again you will face that problem in not indexing some specific topics, i think this is related to webmaster tool of google, many times i have checked robot.txt and the sitemap itself but everything was just alright. this things never happens with vbulletin, when you use VB you do not need to do anything, in default config your website will be indexed after two or three hours but if you enable url friendly you can reach below 1 hour for indexing.After trying google webmaster sometimes you will find removing your sitemapo gives you better indexing, this thing happens when your website gets enough visitors, when you get more than 1000 visitors a day your indexing speed is not related to sitemap anymore, so you can remove it, sitemap can even cause your indexing to be slowed down so you can remove it when you get enough visitors, so the important thing is the number of visitors, a website with thousands of visitors a day do not need to be worry for indexing, i can see many websites which google index them faster than per two minutes and they even don't have a sitemap, so i think google webmaster tool is only for websites with not enough visitors. in most softwares you can see how many times the crawlers of google or yahoo have seen your website, just check to see how times google bots come to your website and if it is less than 2 hours then for a new built website you have done just nice.Linking is just great work for getting indexed as fast as possible, so try to exchange links with other blogs and websites to get index faster, if you have the money then just put your latest topics in other peoples website, this will just cause your page to index very fast. by the way do not forget to make a social network page for your website.

My experience has been very different from what most of the people have to say. I actually managed to get my site indexed in 24hrs only :) I launched a new site, wrote a viral article, submitted it to digg and other places and the site was indexed with in 24 hrs :) I shared my experience as a blog post, altough that site (tipsosaurus) has been merged in reviewsaurus, it still isn't that difficult to get your site indexed by google in 24 hrs.

1 or 2 weeks

Hi, finally, my site got indexed. Now I have created a blogs in same domain as sub domain. I am regularly updating my blogs, but still not indexed by google. Is there any problem if we create both site and blogs site in same domain? Thanks in advance for your kind information.

Hi Thanks a lot, am pretty new to SEO and it healped me 100% coz, after uploading my site google doesnt indexed my site.... later i searched for the solution and reached at here ! thanks a lot again. thank u.

My sites usually just take a couple of days to actually get indexed - trying to get a good ranking is something completely different! Make sure your title contains your keyword, your description contains your keyword and that the content contains your keyword(s) several times. Indexing is usually not the problem if you have done those 3 things, at that point is about link building.