xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Please Review My Website!

It's terrible, mainly because you havn't parsed any variables :DNo its good, the expanding things at the bottom are good but they could look better but hey... I know i couldn't do better, I don't see what the site does though to be honest though i am assumming it's a portfolio! anyway its good and like I said I couldn't do better and what is "parsing a variable"?edit: BTW linked to it on my blog (zoulle.trap17.com/blog) in the hope you will do the same :D

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I want opinions about everything that you can oppinionate please! lol

Any suggestions are welcome..

I like very much. The art is good, the tutorials are good (did the legend one..read others). Maybe you might want to put an image or something in with each tutorial?

oh, maybe make the background slightly darker to contrast the white more.

And an image on right of homepage, my only other suggestion, nice site!

Thank you both for you opinions and comments. Kobra, I added you to the associates section at the bottom of all of my pages. I may play around with a darker background, to see how it will turn out.

Hmm nice, good use of css for the increasing size of the links, i like pages that do that.You have to read it for the purpose to pop out at you, so your some sort of an artist?I would center everything myself but that's how i am, take a look at my page you'll see what i mean, everything on every page is centered.Nice site, keep it up!

i hate it! just kidding :D its a bit plain and glitterless for my taste, but its very organized & professional woot woot hahayour art is amazing by the way :D haha. this reminds me, i should start a portfolio

the coolest thing is how the picture comes out like that when you click it! Hard metal and Jesus???? Sounds a lot like a few of my friends

I can't take credit for the picture thingy... thats a free script known as LightBox.... I think... rofl...

Hard metal and Jesus????

heck yes!

^ Thanks and all... but would you mind explaining what aspects my website is lacking? ^

The index page to me feels bland, there isn't enough on that page. One news piece and thats it. The shout box, perhaps making it viewable on clicking on the same page. Like the "Fast Reply" on this Xisto forum. The "Associates" part, perhaps creating affiliates for each website, or asking them to create one. This make them more noticeable. Now, the art page is very nice. I enjoy the lightboxes that you have. And how you have a mini preview of each artwork which when selected opens the lightbox. Perhaps decrease the size of "downloads" so you have consistency on the headers. Also, think of a way of making the downloads more attractive.Programming does what it says on the can. You have a series of codes with the outcomes also an explanation of whats happening. Nothing you can really do to improve that. It's fine until it becomes to big, then you'll have to install some sort of searching feature.About me is fine with me, it's literally, about you. Good read and to the point.Overall, nice little site. You could expand this site very quickly and efficiently. You could create a community around the whole artwork and coding, with community members submitting their artwork and their code tutorials.

Yeah... there is only one post on the news page rofl... it'll have more soon... haha...

he shout box, perhaps making it viewable on clicking on the same page. Like the "Fast Reply" on this Xisto forum. The "Associates" part, perhaps creating affiliates for each website, or asking them to create one. This make them more noticeable.

Yeah, I've been looking at integrating the shoutbox for a while now... hopefully I'll do that soon. I'm not sure what you mean about the affiliates part though...

Now, the art page is very nice. I enjoy the lightboxes that you have. And how you have a mini preview of each artwork which when selected opens the lightbox. Perhaps decrease the size of "downloads" so you have consistency on the headers. Also, think of a way of making the downloads more attractive.

I'll look towards improving those in the future...

Programming does what it says on the can. You have a series of codes with the outcomes also an explanation of whats happening. Nothing you can really do to improve that. It's fine until it becomes to big, then you'll have to install some sort of searching feature.

Yeah, that'll become necessary eventually... maybe I could have a part that expands out when clicked.. hm...

Overall, nice little site. You could expand this site very quickly and efficiently. You could create a community around the whole artwork and coding, with community members submitting their artwork and their code tutorials.

that is definitely a good idea... I'll see what I can do about it, although it may not be happening any time soon.

I don't know it looks a bit plain to me, I think it is the lack of color on the site that makes it that way. I would understand keeping the website simple if you have a forum, which you do, but if your using both the forum and the website to display content. Then I think looking into a CMS like joomla in which you can install a forum within the CMS to help manage the website better.