xisto Community
kobra500

It's Ketchup And Gravy ... Get Over It!

I had dinner round my friends house today, nothing special just sausages, mash with onion gravy. Anyway I said to my friend "do you have any ketchup" to which he replyed, "why do you want ketchup you've got gravy""so?""Well thats weird you can't have ketchup with gravy""why not?""because it's descusting"What the hell, what is weird about putting ketchup on a plate with gravy? you like ketchup, you like gravy yet when they go together it's like "weird". It isn't and its not like its the first time this has been said to me!Anyway my rant out of the way, if anyone thinks its "weird" your wrong!!!

I don't think it's weird. Pretty much everyone on my mom's side of the family eats ketchup with . . . everything. I'm not kidding . . . chicken, waffles, potatoes, bread . . . Actually, I know several people outside of my family like that, too. A lot of people are ketchup addicts. Who knows, maybe you know some people like that, but you just don't know it? You should get together with them and form a support group. ^^

Everyone has weird foods that others think is completely disgusting. Ketchup and gravy may be nasty to some but is great for others just like any food, combination or not. I do not like chocolate but most other people do. Notice I say most. Different people have different tastes whether it is food or in their significant other.

Ketchup and gravy doesn't mix together... thats why you shouldn't eat it... it like how oil will sit on top of water... it just doesn't mix.... lol I'm just kidding, yeah there is no reason you can't have ketchup and gravy together... personally, I wouldn't enjoy it, but if you like the mix, go for it.

Lol, we all eat weird foods. I know my family will eat anything with ketchup, but the thing that usually grosses people out is when I eat speghetti, eggs, and sugar all mixed together, it's really good, but nobody wants to try it :D

My first thought reading this topic was; What the hell is gravy? ^^It seems like lots of people fancy ketchup quite a lot. Here in my family people eat ketchup with/at biscuits, fish, pizza and pretty much everything else. Sour cream is also used a lot, especially by my brother. Well it taste wonderful, so why not? But some of my friends have really weird habits, I think. I guess they think the same thing about me. Mayonnaise on pizza?! I have never tried it, so I can not say that it taste weird. But yes it sounds disgusting.People all like different things, so that is it. Maybe your friend do not understand that part.

My first thought reading this topic was; What the hell is gravy? ^^

It seems like lots of people fancy ketchup quite a lot. Here in my family people eat ketchup with/at biscuits, fish, pizza and pretty much everything else. Sour cream is also used a lot, especially by my brother. Well it taste wonderful, so why not? But some of my friends have really weird habits, I think. I guess they think the same thing about me. Mayonnaise on pizza?! I have never tried it, so I can not say that it taste weird. But yes it sounds disgusting.

People all like different things, so that is it. Maybe your friend do not understand that part.

Tell you what bluebear, I was reading your first ever post (looking to see if I ever wrote one) and I found yours and your english has really improved, but how could you not know what gravy is? isn't that the first word youlearn when you learn a new language! ^^

everyone has their own particular "taste" that we like. I think it's just about respect. Just because it's his house doesn't mean he has all the control. To each is his/her own, as they say. Others like spicy with sour, I don't. It makes things, or in this case, people, interesting, don't you think?

I have mixed feelings about mixing foods. I guess it really just depends on what it is.Ketchup and gravy I wouldn't do. Why? Because I don't like gravy.I often mix things like rolls with corn, green beans, peas, and mashed potatoes though. They're all going to the same place, right?I will admit there are some things that are just...Not even close to being the same once you mix them. For example, mixing potatoes with bar-b-que sauce.But on the other hand, it has to be taken into consideration that everyone has different tastes they like. I, for one, would not eat caviar. I can't even stand fish. Or any other sea-food. So for me those are off-limits. On the other hand most people DO like those.So about it being "disgusting"...I would say it in a joking manner, just being that we are in fact different. I would never say it in a derogatory way.

One time I had waffles and cheese.. surprisingly... it wasn't all that bad.... I may have thrown some peanut butter in there too... can't remember...

One time I had waffles and cheese.. surprisingly... it wasn't all that bad.... I may have thrown some peanut butter in there too... can't remember...

Heh, that is probably one of the weirdest things I have ever heard of mixing. Other than that people like my grandfather mix....I think it's Jelly and Ham...And someone in my family - I forgot who - mixes peanut butter with their bologna and cheese.

I guess it's just the way people are raised. I mean if you're used to that at a young age you'll be okay with it. Like my hate for sea-food...I'm assuming(never asked though) that I never had sea-food while I was younger, so that's probably why I hate it so bad.

Of course, on the other side, humans are very unique things...Can't really tell what causes us to do what, so I have no idea.