xisto Community
chappill

Could Someone Please Review My Site. Help...what did i do wrong?

So i followed jlhaslip's advice and got rid of the .tk domain, still no more visitors. I've told everyone on my contact list, posted it to blogs and forums and still not many people visit my site... What's wrong with it, i just spent 30 minutes (not long but hey) re-vamping the forum so its now friendly to guests (i think that might of been a mistake but hey). It has 95 ish good working games, a guest book, its on Google, it has a search engine, contact us form about us form nearly everything i can think of.

So please tell me whats wrong with it and what i can do to make it better =]

Thanks in advance.

:/ oops i forgot a link, excuse me please =] http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

And i would buy a domain but I'm 14 and have no paypal =[

Edited by chappill (see edit history)

You might want to post a link here in this topic, and also place a link in your signature, too.

Content, Content, Content.If you have good content then with a bit of advertising you will get visitors. If your serious about this then I suggest buying a domain.com/.org/.net are the best in my opinion!Good Luck!

So please tell me whats wrong with it and what i can do to make it better =]
Thanks in advance.

I don't think you have done anything wrong with your site. I think you could improve it by making the navigation more consistent though.

When you click a link to contact us, or about us, the navigation menu disappears. One of the things with 'web usability' is that the user feels comfortable within the site and gets a consistent browsing experience.

So i'd try and keep the pages similar to each other.

Getting visitors to the page can be hard. As Kobra said, content, content, content! That is what will bring visitors. I'd rather read a review written by yourself, a story or pictures you've made, rather than play flash games. Or try and make your forum a place for unique discussion to take place. Like game development, or retro game discussion...and then advertise that, and put that in google keywords, etc.

For 14 I have to say you are doing ok. You have a massive head-start on most of the people here, and better than my first site. i've only just started with php and i'm nearly double your age =p

Thanks for all your feedback, I've been through all the possible pages and about us, live chat and games are now looking some what neater, what do you think to the new pages?

The site looks OK but I would recommend creating a name and putting up a banner rather than just having the ads on top. I would recommend putting the contact form on your site itself with the same design and just have it coded for you or code it yourself so it is easier to return to the rest of the site. The games are fun but when I tried to play one the high scores never finished loading and there was no way to return back to the game page or to restart the game even.

The site looks ok, and so does the forum, but they don't integrate with each other. This is a minor problem really, but it seems like they are not linked. Also, you don't have a huge amount of content. Content is the key to a successful site. No content, no visitors, it's as simple as that. And while you do have some content, try adding more and spice things up a little. Visitors only visit sites if they have something to do there, and so the more content the more visitors.

your site is really cool the desighn is fine but i'd go for something a little bit different, if your site is mostly about fun and stuff the look should reflect that. one big thing i noticed is that your homepage link tend to change i get the sceem but keep it in the same order for every page. the forum now is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ i'd advice changing it to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and also changing the desigh also give it a name like "the chapill forum" or something. what's with that proxy site thing i think i get it but it's kind random. i see everything has a different sighn in page why dont you try to make them all the same. i like the games there really cool. i'll add you site to my blogroll and whenever i update the site i'll add a the game link to it i like it keep up the work maybe that might help you get more. also if you're getting money for the ads a ".com" domain wouldnt hurt.

Among the others I have also took libery to take a look at your site. So here are my impressions. OK first thing if you are keeping your site and other parts like your forum and your blog together then you should consider all of them having the same skin. Thias approves appeal and looks better. Other thing is that you have to add some dynamic content this way you will be able to show all of your visitors that it is active site and blog and not just some other thing made for five minutes of fame and then forgotten from his creator. Other thing is forum to make working forum it is really hard why? well people don't like to register accounts and many experienced forum persons use their forums like Xisto. I am using Xisto for something longer then a year and this is the main reason why I will not go to some other forum and register. I've got everything here and it is working fine. I've got my hosting here and its completly OK I do not need anything more. Well I need but I hope you get my point.And one more important thing that I have noticed is that you've got mixed links what I mean with that well man you've got links to your sites and some other sites all mixed together you should get them all together this looks nice but separete them in categories this will help a lot. And now to the last problem. Why don't you get any visitors since google is crawling all the web there are many people who put their sites on the internet. And the most important thing with the site is that you've got unique but unique is so ahrd thing to find today well then you need innovative idea but that is also used then you definetly need something rare and that you are good at it. So go skirmish soemthign that you are good in and work it out start writing adding content and people will start comming. Now my site recieves several thousand visitors a day. And in the beginnning there were none. You have to work on your site and even if you find something innovative you must wait people need time to come and get acustomed to your site.Good luck to your site,Hitman

Numbers just came in and from last month (the second month of running) I got 156 unique visitors =].

so if you're getting money for the ads a ".com" domain wouldnt hurt.

Na I'm on banner swap so I don't get paid I get clicks =] I'm really trying to get more visitors and I am taking your advice, but I@m abit busy with school, so it's step by slow step.

Hi Chappil I think your site is really cool.One thing that helps a lot of sites is a community, where people visit everyday on things such as a forumUse fantastico installer in your vistapanel and install forum called PHPBB3, it's really niceOne mor thing to help is changing name95GMS sounds cool but it's hard to remember, giving it a word name makes it easier for people to remember and spread the wordYou could move that advertisement banner from the top, give it a nice banner, and your advertisement in a better spotgood job on your site and keep it up, wait till you see mine kekekke

All the banners are there on banner swap, im going to get rid of the one on the top in the next few days, I have just updated the 'Games!' area of the site so it corresponds with the homepage, tell me what you think (I've been away eating so sorry for the late post).