xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harshcpu

Remote Control A Computer With Sound

Is there any program out there that you can remotely control a windows pc and have sound support. I have a machiene that is used for presentations in one room and in want to be able to watch the same presentation in another room. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Harshcpu, U won't be needing to control the machine. There are softwares for the specific purpose such as urs. Its sort of Netmeeting where U can watch presentation by just joining in. Sorry But i don't remember the name. I'll get back as soon as I remember it :D

LogMeIn is a great program that might fit your needs. All you need is the client installed onto the remote computer and have it turned on and running... LogMeIn allows you to access that computer from ANY other computer via the Internet. There are various levels of the program that grant you more features, but I believe even the Free license will allow for you to be able to play sounds on the target computer, depending on how your Internet connection is and what your LMI settings are. For actual sound streamed to the accessing computer, I believe that you need a Pro or IT license, which you have to pay for.

VNC is also another option, but unfortunately I never got it to work. It's supposedly another good remote access program.