xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Distraught Woman

Alright, so this piece really has no title, but I was trying to capture as much sadness and sorrow as I could with this picture. For the subject of my piece (the woman, that is) I used some random stock photography, and then some sickly brushes for the background. I absolutely love the way it turned out. Please enjoy!

Posted Image

I don't have anything that is really similar to this, I do however have two 'Ghost Faces' I created... so yeah.. you can see my entire portfolio here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ok, if you want some blunt criticism, here it is, otherwise ignore this.The textures on the right are messily made, I see division from the top to bottom, no transition whatsoever.The girl's face is also hastily cobbed, random nicks can be seen on the top right.The face is too dark for much facial expression to be seen.The background image should not be a random brush, but a setiting. Maybe a subway station.

7,9, and 10 were really awesome.....what program did you use for 9 and 10 and how did you do them?

depends which ones you are talking about... please tell me the titles of which ones your talking about (they are at the bottom of each pictures viewing window.

lol... grumble your face.... lol

Anyways:

A Haunted World:
Created in photoshop. I was following a tutorial from spoono, and it went all funny, so I messed around with it, and I added a ghost face, and there you have it.

Render 1 and Render 2 are from the same file. I made it in a program called Bryce (a 3d landscaping tool, which can be excellent for abstracts). I made a bunch of random shapes and spun them around etc. 1 and 2 are just two different camera positions from the same file.

And there you have it... lol

and now to handle my criticism...

Ok, if you want some blunt criticism, here it is, otherwise ignore this.
The textures on the right are messily made, I see division from the top to bottom, no transition whatsoever.

The girl's face is also hastily cobbed, random nicks can be seen on the top right.

The face is too dark for much facial expression to be seen.

The background image should not be a random brush, but a setiting. Maybe a subway station.

thank you for your suggestions. I don't agree with all of them, but I think some of your ideas are good.

Can I get Bryce for free without doing, ya know, torrenting it?As for spoono's tutorial, what's the name of it? Kinda want to look it up, after seeing you mess it up. :D

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here is the spoono tutorial I was attempting to follow :D I think that the only reason I couldn't do it was because I'm not to good at using a mouse to morph things, etc....

As for obtaining a copy of Bryce.... I'm searching my computer for the installation file, etc. that I used... I think I deleted it though.... :D.... I'll pm you if I can find it...

Looks like an Iraqi woman distressed as she spies the rubble from the Shock & Awe destruction. Maybe her children are missing, possibly under the rubble.I like it :D

Shakey hands? :DBut that doesn't seem too hard....then again, I've made DBZ blasts in my webcomic....whihc I've been meaning to do a tutorial for....and I also need to update cuz it's been over a month. :DAs for Bryce, I wouldn't mind "acquiring" it, but I prefer to know where to obtain it legally first....and ya know, see if I have to pay for it and stuff.

Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

Shakey hands? :D

But that doesn't seem too hard....then again, I've made DBZ blasts in my webcomic....whihc I've been meaning to do a tutorial for....and I also need to update cuz it's been over a month. :D

As for Bryce, I wouldn't mind "acquiring" it, but I prefer to know where to obtain it legally first....and ya know, see if I have to pay for it and stuff.

You don't have to worry about acquiring Bryce 5 legally... cuz its the second newest version, and they don't sell it anymore. If you can find a download for a full version of it online, and a serial number, your good.