xisto Community

Now i had a bad crash one day. was driving down the road looking for the place i was goin to with my freinds. when we saw it just infront of us.i stopped to let others go past and then was clear. started to turn into my desternation when all of a sudden this man in a done up sports car come flying out of nowhere and smashed right into the drivers side of the car.It threw one of my mates flying out of the car an the rest of us hurt. Now i am the one that gets the blame for it even tho he was speeding and i was doing the right thing.Tell me how do they justify letting him off and banning me for four years from driving?I just dont get it there is no law.

Wait what? That really sucks... why did you get punished for the accident when it wasn't even your fault? Did they like say it was our fault or something? How? The thing I hate is if you're driving behind someone and they slam on their brakes it's automatically assumed it's your fault, even if they were just doing it with a crappy car to collect on insurance money.Can you take this decision to court or anything? Good luck if you can, otherwise, I'm really sorry for you...

Yea, this doesn't sound right to me....you need to appeal this, and somehow prove that the dude was speeding.....but then again, that won't be hard to prove if it actually sent one of your friends out of the car.

Presumably this has gone to a Magistrates' Court? You would have the chance to make your case and explain what was happening. You also have witnesses to what happened. At an accident like that, one of you would have called for the police and an ambulance by the sounds of it. The police would have taken photos and worked out exactly what happened. Get their report on the accident and see if you agree with it.The other driver obviously didn't come flying out of nowhere. Perhaps you could do a diagram or something so we can see what happened? Also, if you can provide enough details, you might be able to prove the other driver's speed, and therefore whether they were speeding.

A lot of traffic laws don't make sense. A friend of mine was in an accident involving 8 vehicles. Apparently, the first car in front of a line of vehicles braked suddenly, causing the 2nd car to bump into it and also brake at the same time, and the same happened to the 3rd, 4th... car behind, like a domino effect. My friend's car was 5th in the queue. All the cars had their headlights and fronts or backs damaged. By right, it should have been the first vehicle to pay for all the damages he caused to everyone. But somehow, it ended up that everybody had to pay for damages incurred by the 2nd car. It really didn't make sense at all and my friend was fedup because his car was damaged and he had to bear the punishment incurred by one idiot's mistake.

So, did the other guy just twist the story around a bunch, or are they convicting you even though they know what really happened? I dunno, but I agree with the people who said you should take it to court. Or at least find out what the other guy said.

That is crazy... I dont really understand how it can be your fault when the other guy was not only speeding but he is the one who crashed into your car!! Here were I live its always the fault of the person who crashed into the other persons car no matter what.... well, unless you skip a red light or something like that..

i dont get it either. im just travellin to a pool match at a pub. and bang. and even the police said after that if he was going the speed limit he wouldnt of hit mei didnt go threw any red lights or anythin. just luck of the draw i suppose.