xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Help Making A Web Adress Bar Using Html/js

Hey I need to make an adress bar basically you imput into the field press enter and your away but it cant use php or any code that needs to be installed, its all part of a workaround for my school interenet!

You mean you want to make something that can unblock sites on your school network? Well that would be impossible to be done with just js/html. Your school doesn't look at the url in your address bar, it checks the domain every time you make a request, even when making the request over ajax. The only way to actually get this to work is use a backend script that can run on the server. This way the server (which is not being blocked) makes the request and sends that data to you through a domain that isn't blocked.

Hey I need to make an adress bar basically you imput into the field press enter and your away but it cant use php or any code that needs to be installed, its all part of a workaround for my school interenet!

You mean a proxy right?

Well, I do know that you can create your own proxy website here:

http://proxybuilder.com/

Besides that, I do not know the actual mechanics of a proxy...

You mean you want to make something that can unblock sites on your school network? Well that would be impossible to be done with just js/html. Your school doesn't look at the url in your address bar, it checks the domain every time you make a request, even when making the request over ajax. The only way to actually get this to work is use a backend script that can run on the server. This way the server (which is not being blocked) makes the request and sends that data to you through a domain that isn't blocked.

no it doesn't get round website blocks, I know that wouldn't work. Basically the school has this program called "Rm tutor"

every lesson the teacher makes it so we can only view the 2 sites (it basically only will allow you on those sites) but I found out if you open frontpage make a link to google then you can get past this block (using the preview function of it). so im using frames to make a sort of html browser to get round it. I have a forward and back button but thats it :lol: so I need help to make it so it has a web address bar!

You mean a proxy right?
Well, I do know that you can create your own proxy website here:

http://proxybuilder.com/

Besides that, I do not know the actual mechanics of a proxy...

No I could get in serious trouble for that, and so close to my exams its not worth it! for this I will get maybe a telling off from the teacher and a conversation with my mentor (tutor)
Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I have a forward and back button but thats it :lol: so I need help to make it so it has a web address bar!

Well, see as how your using front page, why don't you just go into the html editor part of it, and change the src of the iframe?

wont work i can only surf the web in the frontpage preview which doesn't have a web address bar. If it opens anywhere else it will just forwrd to the page saying the allowed websites, i just dont no how to do it myself. it needs to be a form but not sure how todo it! it doesnt have to say the name of a page just go to what they type in i.e.if they type in google.com it will go to google.com!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

wont work i can only surf the web in the frontpage preview which doesn't have a web address bar. If it opens anywhere else it will just forwrd to the page saying the allowed websites, i just dont no how to do it myself. it needs to be a form but not sure how todo it!

Ok, that wasn't my point. You said that you were using frames to make a sort of web browser in front page. Obviously, you had to place a website in the HTML for the frame to view, why don't you just change the HTML every time you want to view a different website?

Yeah sure it's

this is the header frame there's no code in the other thats the "browser window"
I know its a mess but i did it quickly in I.C.T using frontpage!

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><title>Google</title><base target="main"></head><p><a href="http://google.com">Google.com</a><BODY><!-- This script and many more are available free online at --><input type=button value="Back" onClick="history.go(-1)"><!-- Change the value of -1 to any number of pages you would like to send your visitors back --><input name="button" type=button onClick="history.go(+1)" value="Forward"></p></html>

tried your coding and to be honest it looks to me as your would like to have google and a way to go back and forth from site to site. Correct me if I am wrong?
If this is the case, have you thought of running Fire fox off a cd? http://portableapps.com/node/10503

Good Luck