xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

You Want To Buy This Computer

Topic Name not a Question... A fact!!!

While other sellers rely on "information overload" to dazzle you with pages and pages of figures pasted from the manufacturers' site, we at PwnTech don't feel the need to do this - we believe the specification of this machine speaks for itself:
* Intel QX9650 Core 2 Duo Extreme CPU with four cores at 3.0GHz each on an Asus P5N-D motherboard running at 1333MHz FSB. Fastest CPU and mobo combination available on the market right now. (manufacturer's photo) Air-cooled, for ultimate reliability - beware other dodgy failure-prone watercooling systems on ebay! We use a high-spec aftermarket Gigabyte Rocket II heatpipe cooler, with manual fan speed control. (manufacturer's photo)

* Dual BFG Nvidia 9800GX2 graphics cards in SLI configuration, with an enormous 1GB of video ram each. Fastest graphics card ever made, each with a dual GPU, and we've included two, allowing for four monitors in total. Don't confuse these with the inferior GTX! (manufacturer's photo)

* 8GB of matched RAM running at 800MHz, the most you can cram into one machine right now. (manufacturer's photo)

* 1TB fast Samsung SATA hard drive with 32MB cache - that's 1000GB in one drive. Having all this space in a single bay means more room for expansion later.

* All-in-one DVD-Multi-RW drive with Lightscribe. Read and write CDs and DVDs and print labels using the drive itself.

* Floppy drive and combination universal card reader. There are times even today when a floppy drive is a valuable thing to have, and space is not wasted here as it is combined with a card reader, see photos below.

* Gigabit ethernet on-board networking. No need to waste space with network expansion cards.

* 7.1 Surround audio with SPDIF. Top quality sound hardware to suit the ultimate media experience this PC provides.

* 850W PSU - plenty of power to keep those big graphics cards and CPU stable under load. Beware similar systems with inadequate PSUs!

* Large windowed case optimised for high airflow, to keep all those components as cool as they look. Large fans with manual speed control, for the ultimate in low-noise operation. Case features include a screwless drive mounting system with rails, top-mounted USB and FireWire sockets, a built-in storage system for unused rails, and thumbscrews have been installed all-round for easy screwdriverless modification.

SOURCE + IMAGES!!!!!!!!!! <-------VIEW THEM!!!

+ for Ł80 extra you can add a bluray drive!
Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Sounds like a bit of overkill to me. I mean seriously who needs that much power? (then again I'm not a gamer, just a simple audio guy and 250GB HD and 2GB ram is plenty for me.Then again I'm a mac user

* Intel QX9650 Core 2 Duo Extreme CPU with four cores at 3.0GHz each on an Asus P5N-D motherboard running at 1333MHz FSB. Fastest CPU and mobo combination available on the market right now. (manufacturer's photo) Air-cooled, for ultimate reliability - beware other dodgy failure-prone watercooling systems on ebay! We use a high-spec aftermarket Gigabyte Rocket II heatpipe cooler, with manual fan speed control.

Ahh yes liquid cooled computers. I remember when this was trendy. I'm actually using a liquid cooled computer to type this up right now. They're great until a hot summer day and the plastic pipes expand and start to leak some of the liquid on the logic board.

* 8GB of matched RAM running at 800MHz, the most you can cram into one machine right now. (manufacturer's photo)

Perhaps in about 10 years apps will be this intense and programmers will be lazy enough to make their programs actually take up this much ram but this is a bit overkill now unless you are going to need to render a bunch of HD video. And about your claim that 8gb is the most you can cram in a machine is far from the most. MacPro can hold 32 gigs.

* 1TB fast Samsung SATA hard drive with 32MB cache - that's 1000GB in one drive. Having all this space in a single bay means more room for expansion later.

Once again who really needs this? And if you do need this or more MacPro beats this again with its whopping 4 HD bays each capable of up to 1TB for a total of 4 TB.

* Floppy drive and combination universal card reader. There are times even today when a floppy drive is a valuable thing to have, and space is not wasted here as it is combined with a card reader, see photos below.

Wait floppy? Hmm that doesn't sound very groundbreaking. Whatever programs you have on floppy's probably wouldn't even run on the newer operating systems. How about a modem while we are on the topic of old technology that this machine has. What about the users who still want internal modems to connect to their dial-up?

* 7.1 Surround audio with SPDIF. Top quality sound hardware to suit the ultimate media experience this PC provides.

Even though 7.1 does have two extra surrounds, in my opinion less is more. I defy you to sit in a 7.1 set up and then in a 5.1 setup and tell me which one is which. 2 extra unique channels especially when located so close to the existing surround are very difficult to hear. This is the primary reason the standards still are 5.1. Besides most of your sources are going to be 5.1 at best, and usually stereo which means when you pump it through your receiver it's just going to use prologic and essentially be the same as 5.1

Whew that was quite a workout. Now I am not saying this machine isn't awesome because it is, but I am only refuting your fact that "I want this machine" because this isn't the only super computer on the market. But hey if you've got an extra one of these baby's lying around I'll take it. :lol:

These are quotes, not MY personal stuff its a copy paste job alex.And whats with all these mac users replying Macs are terrible stop comparing to this computer with unneccerily high spec!If you had dialup you wouldn't buy a pc this good!

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I must say... that is one sexy computer :lol:Unfortunately, all that power is really quite unnecessary..... especially for someone like me. I'll admit, my computer is probably the worst computer around today! (18gb HD... and small RAM, etc... yeah it sucks) But, one thing that my crappy computer does do: what I need it to. I basically have my computer packed with text and PSD files, so it really doesn't bother me too much...Of course.... my computer is probably the sole reason I'm not a PC gamer... it can't handle anything... so if I did have this, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing some PC gaming.

But your not looking at a computer, your looking at an investment. You buy that for about the price of the parts then as time goes on you upgrade it. Because you have for the moment pretty future proof spec it wont break the bank and you will constanly rule the world!

The only thing overkill about this computer is the price. :lol: The specifications are actually quite a bit on the excessive side, but at the same time it does put out a good point on future-proofing. It's crazy how you can buy a computer now and EXPECT it to be obsolete within a month's time or so... and it works for the consumerist society because we're expect to keep buying new things and abandoning the old. I remember back in the day when I thought 1GB of RAM was outlandish... even the idea of having 2GB hard drives seemed enough. Now, after having purchased 200GB and 500GB external hard drives, I'm already finding out that I'll be needing more space within a year or so. It's crazy.For those of us that have waited patiently, video cards are at a point where $150+ will net you almost 5 times the performance of your current video card, when months to maybe as soon as a year ago those same video cards were selling at bloated prices.The key point is to wait. The build that I had designed almost half a year ago has dropped from $2000 to $1300. Don't look at it as overkill... future-proofing is good. :)

Looks amazing but overkill and lies, If i was old enough I'd report that.

It's not all that many lies, okay so the info is persausive but the actual spec is real this pc is real, you can go see it he has a shop in ediburugh

These are quotes, not MY personal stuff its a copy paste job alex.
And whats with all these mac users replying Macs are terrible stop comparing to this computer with unneccerily high spec!

Did I mention Mac? :lol: Oops I guess I did... that must have been a typo. No I was marly pointing out the flaw in your so called facts that 8gb is most you can put in a machine... Besides what makes a mac anyway... The fact that it was made by apple? The insides of these machines are practically the same nowadays. Besides first thing I'd do with any new mac is triple boot Mac/windows/linux... I was just making different points. Besides the main point that I wanted to say was the 7.1 audio. Complete waste...

If you had dialup you wouldn't buy a pc this good!

Well duh, I was making a point that anybody who still used floppy's wouldn't be using this computer either. Why not put a VHS player in there while we're at it... Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

although I like the price tag, but the hardware in that computer is about 3-4 times more then they are selling and so the question is what is wrong with the computer? Yeah I am on the bandwagon of this computer being overkill and sadly Mac computers can put in 16gb's of Ram, of course, companies are hitting at 32GB of ram which. Heck even the dual gfx card are overkill as you only need one 9800 to run a descent gaming machine and the same with 1TB, unless you buy a ton of PC games and even then you would have to buy like 250 copies of Company of Heroes in or to break that hard drive. I take out the Floppy Drive as that is no longer needed, and get a different case I HATE that speak like thing up front, just ugly, but I keep the liquid cool set up though.

Quite overkill, I would like one of these just for the sole purpose of showing off.I wonder how stable it is?