xisto Community
Dooga

I Need Some Help With Flash And Div Overlay using wmode in IE problems

Hi guys,I have a problem with one of my designs at the moment. Here's the problem:I have a flash game in the middle of a page. However, the site navigation has dropdown menus that go on top of the flash. Now, the navigation works if I use "wmode = transparent" or "wmode = opaque" in the flash code. Yet, there is another problem: In Internet Explorer (I'm running version 7) the arrow keys "up" and "down" in most flash games will not work properly. Instead, they will make the page scroll up and down, even if the flash file has focus. This situation does not exist if I don't define a "wmode" (meaning that wmode = Window). However, I have some things that need div tags to be displayed OVER a flash presentation, and it just annoys me that Internet Explorer (only) will not allow this without messing it up.Sorry I don't have an example right now, because everything is on localhost. However, if someone doesn't understand what I mean I can provide more info or create a dummy example.Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read this or help me.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work because once a Flash file uses "wmode=window" it's as if the flash file has its own window. Basically, everything will be underneath it. Currently I'm looking for a workaround that prevents the page from scrolling... without much luck.

Ah one of the many problems when combing flash and regular HTML content. On my firends site where he was using lightbox and a flash menu the lightbox effect would disrupt the flash render. It was ugly. I'm sorry I have no idea how you could remedy it.

Hi DoogaJust wondering if you had any joy with this? I'm coming up against exactly the same problem, with a css drop down requiring the flash game to be transparent for it to overlay and then the arrow keys controlling both the game and the window in IE, leading to a big headache, I can't seem to find any ways of getting around this.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advanceBen

flash video in html page using light booxI Need Some Help With Flash And Div Overlay

hi,dear all..

how can create flash video in our html website using light box? light box automatically loading, and background transparent eg:- http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/zombieland/

please help me

-reply by nisam

STOP PAGE FROM ARROW SCROLLING IN IE (FOR GAMES)I Need Some Help With Flash And Div Overlay

I did it!  Use a scrollable table with table dimensions larger than the object dimensions & overflow set to auto (but so that there is no overflow).  It prevents a scrollbar from appearing but nonetheless activates the arrows to function without scrolling the page.  Here's some example code:

<div style="overflow:auto; height:440px; width:440px">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:440px">

<tr><td><center>

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" height="360" width="300">

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />

<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />

<param name="movie" value="http://www.bofunk.com/404.php; />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" src="http://www.bofunk.com/404.php; height="360" width="300" wmode="transparent" />

</object>

</center></td></tr>

</table>

</div>

-reply by Mark Morris

For Doga - you must use div tag with other swf object to overlay existing swf. And I think it is only one solution. Put your content in swf canvase in that div and aranged position by css.

That is all. 

-reply by solver

I had the same problem and discovered that the setting responsible for that in the embedded object in the HTML code was:wmode=[opaque | transparent | window] (one of these options)You need to experiment with these settings to get the desired display result.