xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbdurahmanL

Sunshine (2007)

Hey guys, have you ever heard about this film? It's pretty cool, but not well known. I'll give you a quick plot rundown.

SPOILERS SPOILERS!!! ONLY IF YOU WANT THE FILM SPOILED DO YOU OPEN THOSE SPOILERS!

Also sorry mikey boy ;) I forgot to put in spoilers hehe :lol:

Well in 2057, the sun starts to fade out. I know this defies all Solar Lifecycle Theories, which state that a star of the sun's mass will become a red giant near the end of it's life, and will engulf mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, and cook URANUS! (pardon the pun, our astronomy teacher told us this joke :) ) Well this is Hollywood Right? So the sun is dying and they need to figure out how to reignite it, or the earth will turn into an iceball. So they decide to send a spaceship with tons of nuclear bombs to the sun to try and reignite it. (like that will do anything in real life, cause in the core of the sun there are millions of nuclear explosions going on every second) So they go, but then the ship is lost for like 7 years. After that they send a second spaceship with all the nuclear material left on earth. So they go and when they reach mercury they find the distress signal of the first spaceship. So they go to the spaceship, but they forget to align the heatshield thing, so the ship gets damaged, so one of the crew sacrafices himself to repair the ship. So they go tio the first ship, and find the crew of the first ship all dead by suicide. They burned themselves by the light of the sun XD So they find a video saying that they purposfully stopped their mission and that it was god's will and crap. Butt hen while thay r on the other ship the airlocks come apart and they are stranded in the first ship. Then a guy sacrafices himself to get the people back to the good ship, but then one of the people freezes to death in space. Sp there r 5 left and they continue their mission to the sun. So when they are almost there they find out that one of the peopple from the dead spaceship got onboard the ship somehow and he tries to sabotage the ship. He kills one of the people but then thery get away from him and just as the sabotuer is about to find them they explode the bombs and they reignite the sun! It shifts back to earth where it shows the sun dimming and dimming, but then poof, it goes very bright and back to normal! wow! That was an awesome film! completely defies the laws of science but it was awesome!

I hope you enjoyed my bad grammar no capitalizing bad spelling plot review! I really recommend this film to you guys!

By the way here is the trailer.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

How do you imbed youtube videos here?

Edited by AbdurahmanL (see edit history)

Thought it was really poor to be honest, expected a lot more from a Danny Boyle movie but this was just a disappointment. The girlfriend went to the extent of saying she hated it as it was ******* **** which err says it all really.