xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elusiveliberty

Marriage... At What Age Would You Imagine Yourself Tying The Knot?

Getting married  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Marriage in this day and age seems to have taken a back seat to career building. More and more couples are getting married at a much older age nowadays as compared to the olden days, spending more time focusing on building solid careers before thinking of marriage.I personally believe that most of the women nowadays would think of marriage only in their mid - late 20s and that the men would naturally want to marry old, (since they don't have a biological clock ticking if they want children - giving them plenty of time to play around before settling down :lol:) around their mid 30s early 40s. What I'd like to know is what do you guys think about this? At what age would you imagine yourself being happily married?

I think guys are able to get married at older ages than women cause some women don't want to have kids to late, to the point were they are in the mid 40s and their kids are only 10.I plan on getting married when am 30 i need 5 years committed to myself and a few goals that i have.

It would be great if I found my soul mate at around the 18-24 age mark, but realistically, I don't see myself ready to tie the knot until I'm ready financially and career-wise, for the sake of the wifey and for the sake of stability.I know that love doesn't wait and it may happen at any time, but I'm trying my best not to become emotionally desperate. :lol: Every passing is questionable: is it physical? am I just longing for female companionship? could this be "the one?" Having to doubt myself like this is horrible, but it's an unfortunate consequence of past relationship history.So ideally, whenever I'm stable... which might come around or past 22. (For me, probably past 25.) :) Longer than that... well, then I'll have to suffer the virtue of patience. ;)

I am 31, and I have been married for a little over 2 years now, and this July will be my 3rd Anniversary... I have been with my wife about around 2 years before we were married. Let me tell you, it definitely is different to being single. And it is also different to dating, too. Throw all of the stuff that they show on TV and the movies.... It is fantastic to be able to spend the rest of your life with that right person...And I have 3 kids, too... and they also change your life too! They are crazy, but it makes you think. And some days you sit and go, wow I am responsible for this little person... Yes, it's pretty serious stuff, but if you look at it that way, you will go crazy!I think I wouldn't change a thing... I was in the dating pool on and off for a few years, and when I wasn't looking, she found me! So just go with things and you too will get hooked when you aren't looking... and, yes, this should be a good thing!Have fun til then!- skedad -