xisto Community
~Upnorf Cr3w~

How To Make A Website ? I want help please.

Ok i have made my own forum. Its cool and looks like its going to go places. Anyway i wanted to add a website and other pages to this. So i can have my forum through my website.

I need some info on it please. What is the best way to work this out ? Im quite new to all this but learning all the time.

I just need someone kind to help me or point me in the right direction. Also can you please let me know if its a bad idea to have a website and a forum. Or to just stick with the forum.

Thanks

Chris...

Here is one method to loosely "integrate" a web-site and a Forum software.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/51956-adding-an-aef-forum-to-snews-cms-almost-integrated/

Also, try MK Portal which includes a fully integrated AEF Forum into the Portal system.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Have fun.

i see your forum is using SMF witch is good because there's a CMS that's especialy for SMF Tinyportal. i personaly dont know how good it is or how easy it is to use but anyways here you go.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i think it's a good idea to have a site it gives more info about you site and helps the none registered menmbers know more about your site.

I have my forum on phpBB3.chappill.trap17.com and my main site on chappill.trap17.com, i just put a link to the forum on my main page(s), that's the simplest way to go.

If you are looking for making websites for personal and want a light weight website front page editor is the best.recently i saw one website built using java script and no database. in these i dont think you need any apps software and database the session management is done using java script cookies. this website was really cool and requires no apps server or hosting.i think you can study javascript coding and try to build your site using this.

You may want to use a free CMS, or Content Management System, to handle this issue neatly and integrate the forum in without a problem. If you have already nearly fully developed your webpage, best that you code your own bridge. Also, you may just leave it on another site, like many webpages do, even right here at trap 17, such as yourdomain.com with the forums at forums.yourdomain .com Im not sure on this, but if you have existing members on both forums and the main website, you may or may not encounter problems sychronizing the database. Cheers.

Hello...How to make a dynamic website using wordpress?

Gracie Sh

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=hdtvlcdplasma&e=com

Hi,

Firstly you have to go to https://wordpress.org/ and download the latest stable version of wordpress available and then unzip the folder on your local disk and then upload the files to the server by some FTP client.

(if you have Fantastico or other installer on your server just click on the wordpress and it will install the blog system for you.)

In both cases you have to decide whether you want to install your blog at the root of your website or not. It means that do you want wordpress to be the main content provider of your website or not? If yes, then when anybody enters your site URL into his browser the first page he will see will be your wordpress blog front-page.

After you uploaded the files and read the readme.txt file inside the zip folder then follow the instructions.

If you used Fantastico or other installer then simply go to your administrator dashboard and begin writing new posts.

If you do not use a Content Management System (CMS) like Joomla! the only problem with any blogging software out there is that the look and feel of the blog will be different from the main theme of the website anf you are not familiar with PHP and HTML then you have learn some or leave it on its own.

If you are using a CMS then many extensions are available for you to integrate your blog with the rest of your site. An example would be MojoBlog, a blog component that integrates with your general theme and will be naturally a part of your website.

I hope this little note will help you a bit.

Regards,

CyrusX

Hey, everything sounds good. If i were you i would integrate everything into one website, both the forum and the pages that will make up your site, it only makes sense. It doesn't make any sense to have them on two separate serves, that would just be silly. I have a site and i integrate everything on the same site, forum, chat, blog, etc. Good luck and hope everything works out well.

Hello house! you guys are really great with the amount of free in formations given out here! however, please could anyone enlighten me on how to go about setting up my own forum,i'v already registered the domain name.Another thing is that I'll like to know how to make ads appear, by the side of my blog ,that is converting my affiliate links to ad on my blog like the once off adsence I'll really appreciate the in formations

Hi,You should make you website as simple as possible.Thats the number 1 rule. You should make make your website look nice and appealing too so people will read your website. You should make your words captivatating too.You should get a host that never ever breaks down.You should learn html and learn scripting like javascript. Thats the basic and most important things you need to learn.If you want to learn more post another topic and send a private message to me. I like to help people :) .Bye