xisto Community
savge17

Flash Problem sometimes the buttons will load the wrong link.

Its weird but sometimes when you hit the forums or roster button on my flash banner it will load: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ instead of what its suppost to. It works fine, but if you mess around and click the buttons for a little bit you will notice this happening. This is a problem because people visiting the site will sometimes click the button once and be like oh I guess the link is broken and never come back, if anyone has a solution to what could be the problem it would be awesome. This is one of my first custom flash banners and im just confused what I am doing wrong =/

The banner is here at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Please if anyone could help it would be very much appreciated. If you need the flash file in order to help me please feel free to (pm) me in this matter because it needs to get fixed asap. Thank you.

Note: Ive been messing around with it some more and I noticed that it will usually do this around the edge of the flash button more towards like the bottom edge of the bottom (so right below the letters forum or roster).

Edit: added more details. & BUMP.

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

What is the action script action for that button you are using. And also could there perhaps be a button or movie clip behind the button that is set to go to your older site. Perhaps if you sent us the .fla I can take a look at it and tell you what is going on.

What is the action script action for that button you are using. And also could there perhaps be a button or movie clip behind the button that is set to go to your older site. Perhaps if you sent us the .fla I can take a look at it and tell you what is going on.

Just sent you a pm with the fla file. If not here is the link again. Thank you.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Unfortunately my version of flash is too old to open that file you sent me. You will need to wait for another member who has a more recent version of flash to open it up and diagnose the issue for you. You might also get more attention if you asked a moderator to move this thread in Programming languages>other subforum because this most likely is an actionscript issue.

What version of flash do you have? Because I can send you the proper version, that is the proper file format version :lol:

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

I've got Flash MX 2004... I know I'm living in the past but alas haven't had a chance to upgrade yet.

Bah I cant export of versions that old, lol that kinda blows... Oh well here is the coding im using for the button. Its a simple code, maybe if I use an older verszions code it will work better? Im not really sure how it works b/c sometimes older codes dont work so well. :lol: Anyways here it is:

on (release) {	//Goto Webpage Behavior	getURL("http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;;	//End Behavior}

Still around? Reply and I'll take a look.Note - I use AS3, so there no promises I'll be able to find out what's wrong, but I'll try :D

The same thing happened to me once, try this code

navigateToURL(new URLRequest('"ageofilluminati.com/forums/index.php;;

Instead of just putting

getURL("ageofilluminati.com/forums/index.php;;

And if that doesn't work try

navigateToURL(new URLRequest('"ageofilluminati.com/forums/index.php;;

If it still doesn't work try

navigateToURL(new URLRequest('ageofilluminati.com/forums/index.php&%2339;;

I'm not entirely sure it will work, but it worked for me once.
Edited by rtoot3 (see edit history)