xisto Community
bishoujo

Problem With Time/date On My Computer

This strange issue has been happening to me recently. I notice that when I shut down my computer, and then start it up the next time, the time and date of my computer remains the same as that of the time and date that I shut down my computer, and it continues from that time and date until I adjust it manually myself.For example, if I shut down my computer on 3 May 2008, 10pm, even when I switch on my computer on 4 May 2008 9am, the date and time shows 3 May 2008, 10 pm.I don't understand why, I did not automatically synchronize it with an internet server, and I've got the time zone correct. It has only started happening a couple of weeks ago.

Something then must be wrong with the synchronization or something is screwed up with your pc. I remember this used to happen to my dads laptop, I can't remember if we did a OS reinstall or not but it is working fine right now. Did you play with a system setting? That could be the problem.

Is there a battery that needs changing?

I don't think so... It's a new computer. I've only had it for about a few months.

I don't think I toggled with any settings. I don't make it a habit to do stuff like that since I know I won't be able to fix it if anything goes wrong. I might have done it unintentionally, but at the moment I can't think of anything I could have done to cause it to exhibit such strange behavior.

Hmmm....since it is new and you don't think you played with anything, all I can suggest at this moment is too backup your data and do a system restore or don't turn your computer off :lol: I suggest the first one though :)

The system clock, while turned off, is maintained by the CMOS battery on the motherboard. They usually last for a quite a few years, but it could be that the battery has gone flat. It's just an ordinary watch battery (those 1.5V flat disc batteries) so should be quite easy to find. Replace it and see if it helps.

I agree with rvalkass, most of the time its the CMOS battery going dead that causes this kinda problem. Honestly speaking, I just changed my PC's CMOS battery yesterday (it's been nagging me, but I just couldn't take time out for it specially). Hope that helped.

How can I add the date to my computer. At the moment, the right hand corner , When looking at it, displays only the day of the week and the time. I would like it to display also the date, I.E. Nov. 2 etc. How can Iwillena install this.Carla-question by carla

Do Laptops have a CMOS battery on the mother boardProblem With Time/date On My Computer

Hi

I have a Dell laptop and every time I start it I have to reset the time and date which is always goes back to some date and time in 2002. What could be the reason?. I have a desktop also and when I had a similar problem I changed the CMOS (1.5 v button cell) and it was ok .Will there be a similar battery on the mother boards of laptops ?. And what could be the reason. Except this the laptop is in perfect working condition. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.

-reply by MBP Rao

same problemProblem With Time/date On My Computer

I too have the same problem with my computer. I just got all the parts for my computer from China recently and then I assembled it by my own. Now my problem is that when ever I shutdown and restart my pc, I always need to set the date and time. The system of my MB always goes back to the factory setting by default, and I even tried changing the battery of my MB but it doesn't help too. Can any one suggest me for any opinions??? My pc's spec. Are: MB: Asus P5QL PRO, CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD 2.33GHZ, HDD: SEAGATE 500GB, RAM: DDR2 KINGSTON 2GB X 2. Any help according to my problem will be highly apprecitated. Thank you.

-reply by nepalicana

similar problemProblem With Time/date On My Computer

For my computer , the time ticks fine, but the date and year is off. Right now, the time is 10:00 PM August 27th, 2009. The time on the computer is 10:50AM August 9, 2028. I have seen the date as August 10, 2027 and August 9, 2026. This happened a few days ago. I did try to reset it mannually. It just converts back to the future weird time when I reset the computer. I turned off the synchronize time set up and it's not connected to any other domain. My computer is Windows XP. Is this a CMOS battery problem?

I donProblem With Time/date On My ComputerReplying to nnsoccerI even change the old battery twice to a new one and still it doesn't work somewhat my motherboard brand is ASUS...And I really hate this motherboard because I have two of this and same thing happen I even change my hard disk and memory ...This board really stinksss..-reply by JUN JUN

Time/Date incorrectProblem With Time/date On My Computer

I have the same problem with the time/date issues. I have search the internet for answers but I didn't try to fix the problem as suggested until I try my own way. I double click the clock in the corner, and go to Internet Time, click on the Update Now button. Before you do that, change your time and date to the current date, then do the Update. Hope that will fix the problem, if not, just drop a line and share your knowledge.

-reply by xanatos