xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Headhunter

Age Of Conan The Next Generation MMO Game

THIS POST IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Age of Conan

I have decided to throw out some info about the game and hopefully it will be more popular.

The releas date is 23 may 2008 but if you book in advence you can start 3 days before and get some nice in-game item.

All the info under here you can find here

The official Age of Conan Site

Combat

Age of Conans combat system lets you take an active role in combat. Rather than pressing an auto-attack button, you actually control every chop, thrust, and swing of your weapon. Our combat system also allows you to control your defense rather than relying on statistics alone, adjusting your defenses as your enemies attack, lending an element of skill to every encounter. Age of Conan also features a robust system for mounted combat, allowing you to charge to victory on powerful horses, deadly war rhinos, and even the mighty mammoth!

The Races in Age of Conan

Its only 3 races in AoC...

The Stygians

The classes a Stygian can play are:

Mage: Demonologist, Herald of Xotli, Necromancer

Priest: Tempest of Set

Rogue: Assassin, Ranger

The Cimmerians

The classes a Cimmerian can play are:

Soldier: Conquerer, Dark Templar, Guardian

Priest: Bear Shaman

Rogue: Barbarian, Ranger

The Aquilonians

The classes an Aquiloanian can play are:

Soldier: Conquerer, Dark Templar, Guardian

Priest: Priest of Mitra

Rogue: Assassin, Barbarian, Ranger

The Classes in Age of Conan

You can be 12 Races

Rogue= Green

Solider= Blue

Mage= Red

Priest= Orange

Assassin

Permitted Races: Aquilonian, Stygian

Weapons: Daggers, crossbows, and dual-wielding

Armor: Cloth armor and silk armor

Barbarian

Permitted Races: Cimmerian, Aquilonian

Weapons: One-handed edged, one-handed blunts, two-handed edged, two-handed blunts, bows, thrown weapons, and dual wielding.

Armor: Cloth armor and light armor

Bear Shaman

Permitted races: Cimmerian

Weapons: Two-handed blunts, bows, crossbows, and thrown weapons

Armor: Cloth armor, light armor, and medium armor

Conqueror

Permitted races: Aquilonian, Cimmerian

Weapons: One-handed blunts, two-handed blunts, one-handed edged, two-handed edged, crossbows, thrown weapons, and dual wielding.

Armor: Heavy armor, medium armor, and light armor.

Dark Templar

Permitted races: Aquilonian, Cimmerian

Weapons: One-handed edged, one-handed blunts, crossbows, and thrown weapons.

Armor: Heavy armor, medium armor, light armor, and shields

Demonologist

Permitted races: Stygian

Weapons: Daggers, crossbows, and thrown weapons

Armor: Cloth and silk armor

Guardian

Permitted Races: Aquilonian, Cimmerian

Weapons: One-handed edged, one-handed blunts, polearms, crossbows, and thrown weapons

Armor: Full plate, heavy armor, medium armor, light armor, and shield

Herald of Xotli

Weapons: Two-handed edged, crossbows, daggers, and thrown weapons

Necromancer

Weapons: Daggers, crossbows, and thrown weapons

Priest of Mitra

Permitted races: Aquilonian

Weapons: One-handed blunts, one-handed edged, daggers, crossbows, and thrown weapons

Armor: Cloth armor, light armor, and shields

Ranger

Permitted Races: Cimmerian, Stygian, Aquilonian

Weapons: One-handed blunts, one-handed edged, daggers, bows, crossbows, and dual-wield

Armor: Cloth armor, light armor, medium armor, and shields

Tempest of Set

Permitted Races: Stygian

Weapons: One-handed blunts, one-handed edged, polearms, daggers, bows, crossbows, and thrown weapons.

Armor: Cloth armor, light armor, and shields.

Actually your post is a little off in terms of release date. It was supposed to be released on the 23rd in European countries, and the 20th in the USA. They went ahead and decided to allow all servers to open on the 20th though.As for my view of the game, I think it does have a lot of potential. The PvP is so open ended and everything that it is more or less like you are in a first person shooter, but able to do things like manually aim bows, run while blocking in certain directions, etc.One thing I do not like is the way that it loads. When you die, for example, and resurrect, it reloads the entire area again. This allows enemies to spawn-camp you and just kill you nonstop while you are attempting to load your map again.Along with this, the party menu is quite small, and you can only see people on the map if they are like right beside you. This makes grouping with others very inefficient in the case that one of you ends up dying. It's too hard to find one another again.When you die, you also have to reload the area again in order to be resurrected by other players. This is what I completely did not understand, being that you are already in the area in which you died.

I've been looking forward to this game for a little while now. My retail World of Warcraft account was closed about two weeks after my guild of four years broke apart. =/ A few of the guys went into this game and I was looking to do so as well. It sucks having to shell out 40 - 50 dollars just to see if it can keep my interested though. It will probably be another three or four months before trial codes come out.