xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael's Movie Review Corner: Iron Man

**Starts Black Sabbath Iron Man Music***

Well I just got back from the movies and take a guess what I saw? No it wasn't Barbie Destroys the World, ug that would be career suicide too, nope I saw Iron Man and I will say this. It is in the same category with Spider-Man and X-men movies, because it was that good, with some great comedy, great action, some emotional parts as well. I have to saw for the problems Robert Downy Jr. has had in his Hollywood career, I believe Iron Man and the other movie that is coming out soon, his career is back on track for some greatness in the next couple of years.

This is a Big spoiler, and I only found because this guy mention that he found it on the net, and of course you will be going SWEEEET!! when you see who it is.

Wait until the credits are over for a sneak preview of the sequel or rather the Avengers Movie. Also word has it that this will be made mention in the new hulk movie.

Now that I ruined your hopes with that huge spoiler, but of course if you watch the movie they practically drop a hint to it, but anyways on the review. Like I said RDJ does a good job playing the Tony Stark Character, who by the way is a cocky Billionaire weapons maker etc etc. Although they wanted to keep with the times, and odds are a good reason because I don't a 70 year old Iron Man would be such a big hit, since his origins start at Vietnam and not Afghanistan. I guess that is my own issue with that and what not, but other then that when you see you own weapons being used for mass destruction you be surprise to how quickly one changes their mind, like Mr. Stark.

I give it a nice 10/10 especially since it was two hours and some change, felt like hour and like 40 minutes since it seems quick, but it wasn't.

Put it like this, George Lucas, worked on special effects and sound so that's like $20 million at least :lol:, and on that note I take a shot on how much it will gross this weekend and overall. The big factor is grossing this movie is Grand Theft Auto 4 which game out a few days ago, the Iron Man video game is sure to take a big hit on that, but as for the movie maybe, maybe not, but I say for this weekend $40-50 Million with about $120-130 million when its run is over. Of course I hope I am wrong and it makes more :)

I've seen an absurd number of previews for that movie and the stupid game that's going to be released to accompany it. In my several years of paying attention, I've noticed something about movies: The more they're hyped, the lower the odds the movie is worth seeing. Take Robin Hood way back in the 90's for example. Most people don't know that the one starring Kevin Costner wasn't the only "Robin Hood" in production at the time. In fact there were two Robin Hoods competing to be released in theaters and the one that remains in the memories was the one everyone remembers. The other one, I'd argue, though, was much superior in many ways including acting (almost goes without saying) and the actors aren't names that come to mind right now... Let me go get a link for this little dissertation... Ok, I'm back and HERE'S THE LINK. If you get the chance, I'd recommend you see this more realistic rendition. Bet most people viewing this weren't even aware of this version.

Anyway, my point is I may watch this Ironman when it comes on PPV and I don't have to pay for it. I can't imagine actually coughing up cash to see it. And I'm cheap. :lol:

I liked the movie. One of the main parts that i liked were pretty much the camera shots. I liked mostly the part when he blew up the cars and was walking and right behind him you can see the cars blow up. If i would to have chosen a new directer it would have been michael bay lol. Only because he likes to put a lot of explosions when their are not even needed. Seriously, he makes like the most random explosions. He made transformers so just see the explosions their, or bad boys 1 or 2.Out of all though i would rate it a 8/10. I would have expected it to be longer and have more enemies.

I saw the movie recently and i thought it was great!! Tony Stark was amazing!! and that scene when he tests his suit against the terrorists...it was really good!

I completely agree with you 10/10 rating. It was without a doubt the best movie I've seen so far this year. The action kept me interested and the humor made the time enjoyable. I've personally never seen Robert Downey Jr. in any other movies beside this and I have to say that I'm impressed by his acting in this. The story and character development is great and it all makes sense. Definitely a gotta see movie.