xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k4m1k4z3

Harry Potter!

I just simply love the books, I've read every single HP book and seen all the movies that are out at the moment.

Here is a quick plot from wiki if you don't know who I'm talking about, But of course you would =]

The story opens with the conspicuous celebration of a normally secretive wizarding world; for many years, it has been terrorised by the evil wizard, Lord Voldemort. On the previous night, October 31, Voldemort discovered the Potter family's hidden refuge, killing Lily and James Potter. However, when he attempted to murder their toddler son, Harry, the Avada Kedavra killing curse he cast rebounded upon him. Voldemort's body was destroyed, but his spirit survived: he is neither dead nor alive. Meanwhile, the orphaned Harry is left with a distinctive lightning bolt-shaped scar on his forehead, the only physical sign of Voldemort's curse. Harry is the only known survivor of the curse, and Voldemort's mysterious defeat causes the wizarding community to dub Harry "The Boy Who Lived". Harry (and the Dursleys) are protected by the enchantment that was produced when Harry's mother died while protecting him from Voldemort. This protection will last until his 17th birthday.
On November 1, Hagrid, a 'half-giant', delivers Harry to his only living relatives, the cruel and magic-phobic Dursleys, comprised of Uncle Vernon, a bad-tempered uncle; Aunt Petunia, a woman who appears to absolutely loathe Harry; and Dudley, their spoiled and overweight son. The Dursleys are, in the words of Professor McGonagall, "the worst sort of Muggles imaginable" and seek to deny Harry his magical birthright by making up a false story about Harry's parents dying in a car accident. They treat Harry like a slave and force him to live in a small, cramped closet under the stairs at their Privet Drive home.

However, as his eleventh birthday approaches, Harry has his first contact with the magical world when he begins receiving letters from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which are delivered by owls. Unfortunately, his uncle confiscates the letters before he can read them. Much to the Dursley's chagrin, Hogwarts is aware that Harry is not receiving his letters. However, the letters keep on coming and Uncle Vernon decides to move the family (Harry included) to a deserted island off the coast, hoping that the letters will cease. At the stroke of midnight on Harry's eleventh birthday, Rubeus Hagrid (Hogwarts half-giant gamekeeper) kicks in the door of the house where they are staying, and presents Harry with a letter explaining that he is a wizard and has been selected to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Each book chronicles one year in Harry's life, which is mostly spent at Hogwarts. There he learns to use magic and brew potions. Harry also learns to overcome many magical, social, and emotional hurdles as he struggles through his adolescence, Voldemort's second rise to power, and the Ministry of Magic's corruption and incompetent negligence. After facing many obstacles, forging lasting friendships, and losing countless loved ones, Harry Potter confronts the Dark Lord for the last time, and only one will survive.

For a detailed synopsis of the novels, see the relevant article for each book.

I really do love the books too. I dunno if its hard to believe, but I've read, and re-read each one of them over 20 times (each). Dont get me wrong though, its just that every time I re-read them, I can see the story unfold anew. Its an extrodinary experience, honestly.

I was however, a bit disappointed by the movies. I mean, yeah its a bit hard to fit something this big in a little over an hour and a half, but still... Couldnt they have started a series or something? Just to have each and every detail as it was in the books. Though it is true that the movies were based on the books, meaning that they didn't necessarily have all the exact details and everything, but ultimately followed the outcome of the actual story. Its just a bit put off-ing.

I'm not complaining, by any means. It sure is a treat to see the characters that you know so well and have grown to love and hate, respectively, unfold the story in full motion video :)

Long live JK Rowling.

P.S: I'd sure love an Anime adaptation of the Harry Potter saga :lol:

A few years back i was completely crazy over harry Potter. I was kinda addicted to it. I've read the whole series upto the 6th book about 16-17 times!!! Never got bored. But during the wait for the 7th book to get released i started getting over my obsession so by the time the 7th book was released i just read it to know the ending of the series....read the 7th part only once in fact. I've gotten bord of hp now..

That is one of the greatest book I've ever read! I don't like reading, because it takes so much time. But Harry Potter is different... It is a story like... real life. I almost feel the air they breathe and hear the noise of school life. I have a friend and he looks like Harry Potter. He also loves this books. He bought glasses to be more similiar to HP. He looks so funny.I haven't read the latest one but I will do it soon. I just want to find out what will happen on the end of the story. It is so relaxing way of spending time :lol:

I like the Harry Potter books, and I've re-read a number of them (not quite to the degree of some of you, 2-4 times is enough for me), but I don't think they're the best written books in the world. J.K. Rowling has created a very intriguing world, and her writing is easy and relaxing to read, but I don't think it's on the same level as other Fantasy writers.

i love harry potter i've read all the books numerous times and watched all the movies numerous times as well. the books are great. there written well, the characters are interesting and the plot is exciting. i simply love the harry potter series. great job jk rowling

I very much enjoy the Harry Potter books. They are so exciting! And so well written!! :)I have to admit- to fully understand where the story is heading I have to read the book a couple times... but after that I understand them.

I used to love those books I would read them within a week of when they were released and then I would read them again. I though they were the best series ever because it was almost as though it was real. This was until the 7th book came out and I bought the book wanting to know how the story ends. I bought the book a year ago and still haven't finished it. It just doesn't have the charm it used to. Maybe I'm just to old now and it just doesn't seem as real. I don't know.As for the movies I thought they sucked. I even thought they sucked as a kid. They're just not the same as the book. The book makes it seem so real but the movie just hurries through it all to get it to be under two hours.