xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Do You Close The Javascript? about browsers secruity

hi folks i'm learning that the javascript and cookies sometimes leak your real ip and actions on surf ,some expert advice me close javascript ,stop the function of my opera and IE.so i did.then everytime i log into a forum i need opend it manually so i can log in. ;)and lots of website's using javascript as a necessary then i opened it manually..oh my life got boring. :lol: how your guys doing with that? is it really necessary or not?btw,opera got it's 9.27 version.are you still using 9.26? just download a new package and surf safely.( i don't know why opera not update itself automatically check the update then re start the programme, but we should download a whole new setup? :) )

Indeed. It is an easy way to get info (which you don't wan to share) from cookies. ;) But shutting down Jscript and Cookies completely spoil their respective purposes. :lol: Instead you could try creating a list of safe (trusted) websites and unsafe websites, which (as far as I know) can be done in almost all the browsers. Or else you can also use a good spam suite like Zonalarm, etc. which offer strict restrictions at unwanted web transfer (including transfer of cookie info). :)

I think there is no danger from javascript and cookies. But if you are using IE ActiveX is enabled. You must disable it, but some trusted sites need activex. So I don't use IE, I am using Firefox. You can install useful addons on Firefox. I think it is the safest.

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

Cookies and JS are too important to turn off these days. These security concerns are overrated. Just keep away from IE. Your IP is always known. It's part of the HTTP protocol so web servers can find you to send you their web pages. As for cookies, when you visit a website requiring login, the cookie is a file that stores your login info for that site. Only that site knows the name of the cookie file, so only that site can request the cookie file to see your login info for that one site only. A cookie is not a program. It can't gather other info or anything like that. Don't worry about JS and cookies. ActiveX can be manipulated in IE, but again, keep away from IE. ;)