xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acburst

Which Console To Get?

Im debating on which console to get. My friends have either Wiis or Xbox 360s. One of my friends is really into halo 3 and is a fanatic and dreams of going pro, Its a pretty fun game which i would like to get. But my other friends have Wiis and Super smash Bros Brawl is an amazing game that i play a lot and is really fun. Wii appeals to me more because it has more interactivity with it that the other consoles do not. I dont really think im getting a PS3 due to price and other things. Im leaning towards either a wii or an xbox 360. What console do people like the most?

Well don't do it on what yoru friends think, decide by what YOU like, they are nto the one shellign out hundreds of bux for a system.NOW here is my suggestions:X-box 360: This system mainly has first person shooters on it. It seriously lacks any remarkable games that are outside the FPS genre. (except some games u can get on other systems like GTA 4) If you love FPS games (And are willing to play against some of the most psycho fanatics when online) get this system. This system also has a really good online setup due to microsoft having developed it for longer then any other console company.PS3: This is the all around ok system. It has games that are good in pretty much any category but doesn't really have its own special games that will warrant getting just cuz of that game. It also has probably the best graphics IMO of all the systems. ALSO It can play blu-ray disks so it can double as a movie player (Wii cant play anything without a mod (that I know of) and X-Box 360 had a hd-dvd player u could buy but thats about worthless now) This is however the most expensive system to buy. I would recommend this for people who have a lot to spend for gaming and are not really specific as to what they want to play or likeWii: Probably the most fun especially for multiplayer games. The Unique controls are a big plus. Also like you said super smash bros brawl is one of the best games out ATM. HOWEVER its not easy to get one, third party games are either sucky or non existent and the wiimote can be a pain to use for some games (where u hold it sideways and play with it, it is annoying) Get this system if you like multiplayer games (especially at home with friends or family) and or unique stuff. (sadly the only system that GTA 4 is not on) OH YEAH and if u buy it in stores its the cheapest system too.Oh yeah as you might have guessed, i don't recommend buying systems on the system but rather what you want to do with the system.

I disagree, I think the 360 has plenty to offer other than FPS's. On the other hand, if you want to play a lot of those the 360 has the best controller for them by far.You can get plenty of other games for the 360, even if they're not 360 specific. As you're not planning to get a PS3 I won't bother discussing it's merits.The Wii is definitely fun, and cheaper, but I've found that the games tend to be rather alike, and you don't get much in the way of epic/grandiose story telling or games. My personal preference would be a 360, and when you want to play Brawl just head over to a friend's house.

The xbox 360 : D my friend was having the same debate but i persuaded him... you say dont be swayed by friends however online play is tons better if you know who your playing with... the only downside is your funding microsoft and things like internet explorer!!!

I already have a Wii, and I love it! Super Smash Bros Brawl may be my favorite game of all time! I am trongly considering getting a 360 as well this summer. It'll take some saving up, but they have some awesome looking games coming out soon, and they already have a lot of fun online games. The Wii is indeed targeted more at the general population over the usual gaming crowd, and I don't have a problem with that, they have plenty of good games I can enjoy, and the Wiimote is a lot of fun! I can't say much about the 360 as I don't have one, but it looks pretty great too, from what I've heard it has the best online experience of ANY other console, with the biggest downside being that you must pay extra to use it. I have to admit I was a little discouraged when I heard you have to pay an additional $50 a year to play online games on the 360, especially since the Wii and PS3 provide it for free! However from what I've heard, it's well worth it, I'll have to take other people's word on that. Overall, I can't decide, but just 'cause I don't have a 360. The Wii has Brawl though, and that's a fact that can't be ignored. :lol:

The Wii is turly the best console. The controlsVirtual Console(buy all the old nintendo games)Classic Nintendo SeriesWii Message BoardInternet BrowserNews ChannelWeather ChannelPhoto ChannelGift ServicePS3 best second console. You have a Wii and then another console along with that. I perfeer the PS3 more than the 360 though. More entertainment capabilities

Im debating on which console to get. My friends have either Wiis or Xbox 360s. One of my friends is really into halo 3 and is a fanatic and dreams of going pro, Its a pretty fun game which i would like to get. But my other friends have Wiis and Super smash Bros Brawl is an amazing game that i play a lot and is really fun. Wii appeals to me more because it has more interactivity with it that the other consoles do not. I dont really think im getting a PS3 due to price and other things. Im leaning towards either a wii or an xbox 360.
What console do people like the most?

i think u should get x- box 360 but never get ps3 it is lot more costly than x-box 360 , x-box 360 is lot more popular than ps 3 so i prefer to get x-box360 , u can get cool games like halo 3 , ghost recon , call of duty the modern welfare , need for speed , burnout revenge , some other aerial combact games and lot more games good games are available in x-box 360. you can repair x-box 360 is easily available every where . wii is also good, it gives us entertainment and exercise at the same time and it is very cheap . so you can buy either x-box or Nintendo's wii . both are really cool.

The PS3 is more costly, but keep in mind the Blu Ray player, those can get seriously expensive as a stand alone, I've seen them as expensive as $900! But the PS3 gives you not only a very INexpensive Blu Ray Player, but a game system as well, not such a bad value anymore, huh? I still want a 360 more though. :lol:

In your case if i had the money and was a real gamer and want to play games like cod4 then i will for sure get the xbox but then if you really don't have the much money and don't really want to hassle on games. You should get the wii. The x-box is my favourite because you can hack it and play the cool games like halo and gears of war and etc...

I would definately say the wii, because it give you the most exercise. I also think -MY OPINION- is that the wii has way better games than the 360. A big minus, though, I would say for most people is that wii does not have GTA4