xisto Community
DGalgin

Illegal Immigration And Border Control The ill effects of illegal immigration

The United States should put a large effort into securing our border with Mexico and preventing the crossing of the border by illegal immigrants and the problems that come with them.

An average day along the border between the US and Mexico starts early in the mourning for both the sides of the border. The US Border Patrol Agents rise early and head to their posts, ready for another hot day out in the sun. When a call comes in saying that there is an illegal immigrant that has become stranded and disoriented out in the desert and that they need medical assistance, and when the Border Patrol Agent gets there he recognizes the guy as someone he sent back the day before.

I would like to discuss the increase in illegal crossing of our borders and how illegal immigration hurts not only those along the border but also all those who live in the United States legally. It is important to know all the facts and also what action can be taken against the illegal border crossings.

What are some of the facts about illegal immigration especially border crossings.
A. Many immigrants are repeat offenders and an increasing problem
1. 53 % of the border crossers that are caught try again within days
2. One alien said it was his 17th time being sent back
3. 1980 9,000 illegals in prison, 2003 267,000 illegals in prison
4. As long as the 2003 number didnt go up; though it did it costs us $6.7 billion a year for those in prison
B. Under staffed and under funded border patrols
1. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency works at 50% optimal staffing
2. To wall of all 1,951 miles would cost about $5.3 billion to build
3. To staff the wall with two agents per mile would cost $750,000 per agent or $1.3 billion a year
4. Wall upkeep would be $500,000 a mile or $976 million a year
5. A total annual cost of $2.3 billion
6. Not all would need fencing, only 850 miles, with a $1 billion per year price tag
7. The incarceration costs more a year then it would to build and maintain the wall to stop the movement
C. Cost of the illegal immigrants is very high
1. Crimes committed by these illegal aliens cost us annually as much as $150 billion
2. Accidents caused by illegal aliens cost us $11.5 billion a year 3. The education cost for the illegal aliens children is $34.5 billion a year
4. These costs all together are $196 billion a year, or $193.7 billion more that what it is to maintain the full wall along the border
D. Crime rates are higher with illegal immigrants then with citizens
1. 704,709 crimes were committed by illegals last year

The United States should take a hard stand on the border by building the double wall system along the entire border, legislation, and employing two or more agents per mile of border.
A. Legislation
1. Making a national ID system that requires proof of citizenship, used for all non cash purchases and deposits
2. Enforce strict penalties on those here and working to act as a deterrent
3. Government assistance should only be allowed to those with proper ID
4. School closed to those without proof of citizenship (kid to parent)
5. English as national language to be full citizen (Undocumented and tourism)
6. National ID to vote, early vote done at station. No mail ins.
7. No English, no driving law
8. Reword the 14th amendment to not allow anchor children or illegal aliens children are citizens
9. No free healthcare to non citizens
B. The Wall
1. Cheaper to build the wall then to keep illegals in country
2. Proven that solid fences are gone around, no way around no coming
C. Border Agents
1. Train them as military units
2. 2 or more per mile.
3. Allow them to shoot to kill at checkpoints when large groups of immigrants come through

How will this help the problem?
A. Employ more Americans
1. It will take a doubling of the Border Patrol to guard border
2. Many needed to build and maintain the wall
B. Make some volunteer to go home
1. If their family cant come they will go back
2. Lose benefits of being here wont want to be here
C. Safer society

How much longer will we allow our southern border to be invaded? How can we live and sleep at peace knowing that we dont know who or what is coming across our border while we go about our lives? With the wall and the agents this would not be a problem and we could focus on other things.

In summary, not having a secure border with Mexico is a determent to our safety and it is costing us billions of dollars a year. These problems and costs will only increase if the border is not closed to those coming here illegally. Because of these issues the US government should make federal legislation to help law enforcement and the Border Patrol keep us safe by securing the border.

By working together, the government and the people we can solve this problem. Call or write to you senators and congressmen and ask them to take a stand on illegal immigration and border control, also if you have time or the ability to go down and volunteer your time as a border patroller with volunteer groups. It is time to get off our buts and do something. Through commitment we can ensure the safety of ourselves and our children and leave them with one less problem to deal with.

Sources

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ created by PF Wagner

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, now everyone will call you a racist simply for adorning the facts.If people want to come to America, they need to wait in effing line just like everyone else.

after reading the above posts I have to put in my 5 cents.Yes the usa does need to tighten things with all the people coming into the states without a visa, But you all need to understand how hard it is to get a visa now a days. Before 9-11 all you had to do was fill out a few forms and poof you had a good chance of getting in. Now they check everything from how much money you make to if your working and even if you or ANY of your family had a record of any kind, even a speeding ticket! I know this because of my girlfriend, she is from the phils and we plan on marrying. But for the INS and all there red tape and all the one that come into the usa the WRONG way it is making it very hard for the good and hard working ones to get here.there I have spoke my peice. thank you

after reading the above posts I have to put in my 5 cents.Yes the usa does need to tighten things with all the people coming into the states without a visa, But you all need to understand how hard it is to get a visa now a days. Before 9-11 all you had to do was fill out a few forms and poof you had a good chance of getting in. Now they check everything from how much money you make to if your working and even if you or ANY of your family had a record of any kind, even a speeding ticket! I know this because of my girlfriend, she is from the phils and we plan on marrying. But for the INS and all there red tape and all the one that come into the usa the WRONG way it is making it very hard for the good and hard working ones to get here.

there I have spoke my peice.
thank you

I'm really sorry about your situation, but you don't need to be looking towards us for solutions. If you need anyone to blame. blame the terrorists. Us on the other hand, still have to look out for ourselves, and that's the bottom line.

Don't worry, I'm paying taxes on all the nonsense they do in order to admit people in, and it angers me as well. Hopefully things will "change"(NO OBAMA) and we end the war abroad and work on securing our homes, instead of starting false wars everywhere else in the world.

I'm sure that if I were in the same situation as you I'd feel differently. I hope that things speed up for you and your fiance so that you can be together in the US.
Edited by baphometslayer (see edit history)

I am glad that you see things my way. It is an atrocity that the fact that we have illegal immigrants trying to come here has such a great effect on those who are coming within our legal system. I don't think that our politicians realize the severity of the issue. While they sit in Washinton arguing over amnisty or not, more and more illegal immigrants cross the border and come into the united states. Before adressing the amnisty issue the borders need to be secure so that we will not have more terrorist attacks and that we can adress those who are here without having to worry about those who are still coming. This will prevent us from having to adress the problems again in the future.

No doubt we have an immigration problem. Here in Central California I'm surrounded by illegals. No english, playing that awful mexican carnival music all the time, junk cars on the lawns, illegal fat teenage girls pushing baby carriages, graffiti, vandalism, etc.It should be pointed out, however, that 3 million illegal aliens here are NOT from Mexico, and thousands are from the Middle East. One of them crossed the CANADIAN border to participate in 9/11.No matter how bad the Mexican illegal problem is, let's agree not to allow the govt. to distract us from the fact that 19 terrorists flew in here with Visas and 15 of them had paperwork out of order.I'll take a thousand Christian Mexicans over one Islamofascist friend of Bush from Saudi Arabia any day. SLAM THAT DOOR!!

As negative as this may make me sound, I have to say that illegal immigrants from Mexico have benefitted us in the United States more than hurt us. Let's consider some facts.Who do you see working on roads and buildings the most often? Generally Mexican men.Who works for the lowest pay in the US? Generally illegal's because they cannot get in with real companies.Think about how many less houses we would have here were it not for the immigrants doing things for us.Therefore, I have to say that we would not be half of what we are today were it not for them.

Eh, that's a good point, but I feel we need them here. They benefit us more than they hurt us.I do understand the point about not letting them over here and all, but think of it like this. How would we possibly stop them? It's a biggggg border.On top of that, why would it be seen as right to block out Mexican immigrants but not Cuban ones?(My understanding is our reason for letting Cubans over is because the US is against Fidel Castro - but we put him in power anyways)

The Mexicans are actually HURTING us.Sure they work for lower wages, and because of it American laborers can't find jobs in the market. We all know they send money back to their families in Mexico, and because of it, they're taking money out of our economy. With the current Economy and unemployment rates rising, I think it's a good time to crack-down on these illegal immigrants.

No doubt we have an immigration problem. Here in Central California I'm surrounded by illegals. No english, playing that awful mexican carnival music all the time, junk cars on the lawns, illegal fat teenage girls pushing baby carriages, graffiti, vandalism, etc.
It should be pointed out, however, that 3 million illegal aliens here are NOT from Mexico, and thousands are from the Middle East. One of them crossed the CANADIAN border to participate in 9/11.

No matter how bad the Mexican illegal problem is, let's agree not to allow the govt. to distract us from the fact that 19 terrorists flew in here with Visas and 15 of them had paperwork out of order.

I'll take a thousand Christian Mexicans over one Islamofascist friend of Bush from Saudi Arabia any day. SLAM THAT DOOR!!

Well that point is moot when you think about the probability that those terrorists were probably handed those Visas from high ranking government officials....

You know...the ones that staged 9/11

The Mexicans are actually HURTING us.
Sure they work for lower wages, and because of it American laborers can't find jobs in the market. We all know they send money back to their families in Mexico, and because of it, they're taking money out of our economy.

With the current Economy and unemployment rates rising, I think it's a good time to crack-down on these illegal immigrants.

A lot of people bring up the point that we have less jobs because of them...Why is that? Because they work cheaper? That's probably how they got the job in the first place.

If it's their fault that other's can't get jobs because they work so cheap, why not crack down on all of the high school and college students that are working at McDonalds for $5.75 an hour, or at Wal-Mart for $8 an hour? Those are millions of jobs right there too. If the Mexicans are the issue for working cheap, then every American who works cheap is an issue.

No, that's actually NOT the issue. Why? Let's assume they worked for $4 an hour. I would much rather hire them for me if they work just as hard as those who want more money. That in a sense boosts the economy, contrary to what you said, by offering cheaper labor for businesses. The cheaper labor means cheaper prices. Why?

Americans would be wanting 10-15x the amount of pay, and would still cry daily about having to do the job. So what would happen? If they got the pay, now it costs the company 10-15x as much to keep in business. That then gets passed along to the consumer. In essense, it would cost every consumer in America more money if they were to get rid of the cheap laborers.

Keep in mind that you need to look at things not how the media says, but from common sense. Pay attention to how the economy works(if needed, take classes in economics.) The media makes up stuff called "Yellow Journalism," which is used to bring an uprising from your personal feelings. They quite often make up things or embellish on facts in order to get people to listen to their news station instead of others(This can be learned in newscasting classes.) In essense, the news media is nothing different than movie production companies. They create movies that are different, that make you want to hear them. The news companies do the same thing.

You are so right and people that don't think they are doing us harm, should live close to the border as we between Tucson and Nagoles, AZ do? They not only come here illegially but they feel that they have the right and we Americans should be gone. They have had demostrations in public and burned the American flags, while holding the Mexican flag up very hard. They are so proud to be Mexicans, and they feel that most of Arizona, Texas and So. CA should belong to them.
Read what the head man at the GrassFire orginization (that I am a member of) has to say about the most recent situations involving illegial Mexicans.

"From the Desk of:Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

5/14/2008

Dear H. Joyce,

Scanning the headlines this morning sickened me.

In Virginia (my home state), an illegal alien raped a 4
year-old child.

In Tennessee, a suspected illegal alien raped a 15 year-old
girl just hours after his release from prison.

Another raped and impregnated a 9 year-old girl. It has
been widely reported that she has just given birth!

390 illegals were arrested following a raid of a meat-
packing plant in Postville, Iowa.

After reading these disturbing stories and seeing the lack of concern
from so many of our Congressmen on Capitol Hill, I can only conclude
they simply are not getting the message... a message demanding they
"Build the Fence as Promised!"

Over the last number of weeks, we've flooded Capitol Hill with faxes
demanding support for legislation that restores the Secure Fence Act's
original mandate (H.R. 4987) and have only seen one Congressman add
his name to the list of co-sponsors.

H. Joyce, not only is Washington ignoring the headlines, they
are also ignoring our pleas for construction of the fence as promised--
double-layered for 800 miles. According to Rep. Duncan Hunter only
a paltry 13 miles has been built.

Well that is about to change!

++ Action Item #1--Call your Arizona Congressman

I'm asking every member of our team to take to the phones
and call their Congressman--demanding he/she support
H.R. 4987--restoring the fence's original mandate (the
mandate that was stripped after being signed into law).

Here is your contact information:

Rep. Giffords 202-225-2542

When calling, identify yourself as a member of Grassfire.org, and
reference H.R. 4987 stating clearly that you want your Congressman
to co-sponsor this bill.

H. Joyce, Rep. Walter Jones told me that he needed 100
co-sponsors to take this important bill to the House floor. That
means we need to move 56 Congressman--a challenge, yes, but one
that I know the Grassfire team is ready to tackle!

++Action Item #2--Alert your friends

When Grassfire heads to Washington in support of this legislation,
I intend to send a very clear and impassioned message to each and
every member of Congress--a message on behalf of the girls who
were raped by illegals, the families that are torn apart because
illegal alien drunk drivers killed their loved ones, on behalf
of those affected by illegal alien crime, and those who have
lost their jobs to illegals...

Making that message all the more profound is the petitions that
I will be holding 200,000 right now, but I'm hoping with your help
we can push that number to 250,000 or more in the next week!

Forward this message to 30-40 friends and urge
them to join with you in demanding the fence be built
as promised by adding their name to our petition:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

H. Joyce, Washington needs to get our message, and I'm depending
on you to help make it happen!

Thank you for being such an amazing part of our team.

Steve Elliott, President
Grassfire.org

P.S: As a sidebar to the raid on the meat packing plant in Iowa,
the detainees were instructed to detail their date of birth and
country of origin. One woman said she was from Guatemala, but
made it clear to authorities that she wanted to be deported to
Mexico. Why? She said it would be easier to reenter America from
Mexico than Guatemala.

Help me get the message to those on Capitol Hill, today!

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
(Note: Please do not "reply" directly to this e-mail message. This
e-mail address is not designed to receive your personal messages.
To contact Grassfire.org with comments, questions or to change
your status, see link at the end.)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

+ + Feedback or comments on this update?

Go to FireSociety.com and post your comments so that the Grassfire
staff along with thousands of citizens can benefit from your
thoughts and opinions:

http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=firesociety&e=com

+ + Technical questions only:

For technical questions regarding this email, go here:
(Not for comments/feedback on this update)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

+ + + + +
Grassfire.org Alliance is a non-profit 501Å 4 issues advocacy
organization dedicated to equipping our 1.5 million-strong
network of grassroots conservatives with the tools that
give you a real impact on the key issues of our day.
Gifts to Grassfire.org are not tax deductible."

---------------
To unsubscribe,
please send a written request to:
Grassfire
PO 206
Maxwell, IA 50161

or click here to unsubscribe:

http://www.grassfire.net/unsubscribe_form.asp?2230&f=1311

Notice from jlhaslip:
added quote tags

Well in my nations case (Canada, that is), I say, "let em' come!"Honestly, our immigration requirements are so ridiculous to fulfill, that a lot of people that could benefit our country our shut out...I mean, really. Why do you think our country is so strong today? IMMIGRANTS! I mean people like Wayne Gretzky probably wouldn't have been playing professional hockey if our policies were the same then as they are today! His grandfather (I think it was his grandfather) never could have made it into Canada! Want to know on of the reasons? He spelled his last name wrong (It should have been Gretsky, not Gretzky) because he didn't know English very well! He would have not been allowed into the country because he would have been lying to the government!I think that immigrants benefit nations far more than they damage them... but that is my opinion...

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

You are so right and people that don't think they are doing us harm, should live close to the border as we between Tucson and Nagoles, AZ do? They not only come here illegially but they feel that they have the right and we Americans should be gone. They have had demostrations in public and burned the American flags, while holding the Mexican flag up very hard. They are so proud to be Mexicans, and they feel that most of Arizona, Texas and So. CA should belong to them. Read what the head man at the GrassFire orginization (that I am a member of) has to say about the most recent situations involving illegial Mexicans.

Notice from jlhaslip:
added quote tags

I find your post quite amusing, to say the least.

I live in southern Texas, so yeah, I do understand that they are here. It's obvious.

So let's consider how the United States was formed, first of all. Oh, different nationalities? Okay, I never assumed we were not all American Indians. I guess it should be assumed that everyone in North America is an American Indian, correct? Those *were* the first people here. So *we*(being Mexicans, Americans, Asians, Africans, Europeans, Australians, etc.) immigrated illegally, taking over the Indian's land, right? Okay, just had to make sure I had that correct, :D.

So let's move off onto your post about the raping and whatnot of the girls. You want me to believe that illegal immigrants are the only people in the USA who commit crimes? I can pull so many statistics to prove that wrong that you would spend days trying to read them all.

It has actually been proven time and time again that if you take the overall number of a race(white, black, Mexican) and you divide by the number of crimes commited by state, county, etc.(Meaning if there's 500 whites in a county, 50 crimes, 10% rate), white people *always* come out with the highest crime rating.

So what you're saying is we need to kick out all white people and let Mexico have the USA, correct? That is about *all* that I obtained by your last post there, and I for one, being an American, completely disagree with you.