xisto Community
kudmus

Ms-access Database Question Allowing Web Access to the Informaton

Hi. I wanna know if there is a way of accessing an MS-Access database so that my site can extract data from it and make it avilable online. I have an accounting package that saves everthing in an MDB file and I want that info available for my clients from whereever thay are.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Split Topic

There seems to be an example of how to do this here, but it doesn't seem to work with the latest versions of PHP, and I can't find a lot of info about how to get it working. If you are desperate to have the information available, then you could just upload the database file, but it would only be accessible to people with Microsoft's Access application. Of course, you could also switch to another accounting program which stores its data in a MySQL database, or something else more easily accessible to PHP.

Hey thanx for the reply. That was real quick.Does it mean if I need to use MS-Access I have to use the old PHP? On the T17 sites is PHP not installed by T17. Do I get to choose? Forgive me if I'm asking silly questions but I havent started building my site yet. I'm just trying to understand so that i can start planning what my site will be about.

Hey thanx for the reply. That was real quick.Does it mean if I need to use MS-Access I have to use the old PHP? On the T17 sites is PHP not installed by T17. Do I get to choose? Forgive me if I'm asking silly questions but I havent started building my site yet. I'm just trying to understand, so that i can start planning what my site will be about.