xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Orkut Copying Facebook !

Ever since Facebook has entered the social networking field , Orkut has faced a huge competition . I became difficult to survive in this feild . So What ORKUT did is he started copying all the things that Facebook had .. The funniest part is when orkut had so many things in it .. Facebook started copying orkut things , For eg : it made an application as Gtalk .Lately Orkut copied 1 of the most renowned feature of Facebook ie." The Applications " Orkut since quite few weeks back got a feature of adding Applications in it same like Facebook . According to me . the Applications of Orkut are much better than the applications of Facebook > U ll come to know if u check it out yourself .

I have never really used orkut, however bebo has also jumped in the copy facebook boat (I say recently but it happened ages ago) it only used to have widgets, now it's got apps. as for the orkut apps being better than facebook I (think I) can offer some light onto why. Are you familiar with igoogle? its a personalised google home you can set up complete with gmail apps, games, weather. kinda like widgets for google desktop, oh wait, its basically the same thing... ^_^Yeah google is great, if they ever bring out an operating system, I would use it. It would probably rock too.

Yeah google is great, if they ever bring out an operating system, I would use it. It would probably rock too.

Yeah man thts a great idea yaa .. Google out with an OS .. it will Simply b awesome .. It will b one man show ! n as of now i m waiting for the Google to come out with Gphone !

the Gphone... sounds interesting, is it just ideas/rumours or is it going to happen?

Well it isnt rumours dude .. its actually gonna happen .. coz i had read in the newspapers .. >
lets c if it takes place ... any ways any doubts u can jus search on Google .. ~ as for my , i think its gonna come , may b in 2009 its gonna b launched !

n i think it will surely take place , coz Google has always competed Apple .. so on that basis .. it shud b out !! .. Rest is all on The Google's owner ! :lol:

I have never really used orkut, however bebo has also jumped in the copy facebook boat (I say recently but it happened ages ago) it only used to have widgets, now it's got apps.
as for the orkut apps being better than facebook I (think I) can offer some light onto why. Are you familiar with igoogle? its a personalized Google home you can set up complete with gmail apps, games, weather. kinda like widgets for google desktop, oh wait, its basically the same thing... :)

Yeah Google is great, if they ever bring out an operating system, I would use it. It would probably rock too.

Yeah I would rate Google as Number: 1 when it comes to innovative web strategy. Its Nearly impossible to start as a search engine and to become a competition to the world richest company. In this very short time. Google has nearly cornered most of the leading giants in the industry. People could find this very easily by looking at the top 10 alexa ratings.

Google operating System??? I guess its really really possible, IMO Google is really trying to infiltrate Microsoft in all means, remember Google docs and spreadsheets, Its not gonna be tough, to release them as stand alone software package for office set.

I guess they are looking for the right time. Moreover, i guess Google operating systems will be free of cost.

Really looking forward for a OS from Google. A Google fanboy here :lol:

google is great.. it is much accurate than any other search engines.. and about the Gphone I think I already heard of it.. I just can't remember though..In the past years, my toolbar is Yahoo.. but since 2007, i am already using google toolbar and it's search engines..for the google OS I just hope it won't cost a lot.. since MS and MAC are both expensive.. If that will happen, I think i will stick to linux.. :lol:

i don't even use either of them. but they should come up with there own ideas. i use myspace. myspace is the best! its a lot easier to use than facebook and orkut. and myspace aps rock! the topic starter didn't mention myspace. is that because no one copied myspace and myspace didn't copy any other site or was it just forgotten to be mentioned?

Inovation is not one-way street. As you can see Facebook recently copied the orkut's sidebar and navigation bar type interface as when orkut copied lot of features like friends-chat/twitter/applications and many other features. Both are powerfull and good social networks to hang out. The problem with orkut is :- Security for personal data (information/photos/videos)- Adult content passes through Safety filter settings- Usage of SMS langauge- Racist/Religious/Adult/ violent communities- Scripts/viruses and warez comunities and profiles- Lot of personal attacks from spammers/users etcFacebook due to its security feature disables access to profile and pictures so it is one step ahead of orkut curently.

Its a serious competition and i wouldnt say features were copied from each other. The best word to fit into this situation is inspiration. Taking the best bit to improve things makes the competition more competitive. Still its the community that makes either place a nice place to hang out.

google is great.. it is much accurate than any other search engines.. and about the Gphone I think I already heard of it.. I just can't remember though..
In the past years, my toolbar is Yahoo.. but since 2007, i am already using google toolbar and it's search engines..

for the google OS I just hope it won't cost a lot.. since MS and MAC are both expensive.. If that will happen, I think i will stick to linux.. :)

Google already has an OS called gOS, a folk of ubuntu linux

Yes, i think orkut is really copying facebook but its also adding some new features with face book dont have and also its more user friendly than facebbok,i think orkut kept facebook as ideal and kept on improving self and making itself good.thank you very much

Orkut may be more user-friendlt than facebook, but it has very little of the privacy of Facebook. Yeah I know you may be surprised to read this. Facebook tracks your every move and reveals it to everyone in your friends list. While orkut doesn't do this, it does something worse...it reveals your profile to anyone who visits it. Facebook allows strangers to only see the photo, name and gives the option to add them as your friend, but orkut displays your profile!

There is an option in the profile settings of orkut to change the display to strangers, but still, a whole lot of info is revealed. Worse still, Orkut reveals who has visited your profile recently. So a fraudster can easily get all the info he needs from one orkut profile than by visiting many facebook profiles!

so in my opinion, no matter who copies whom, it's best that we stick to facebook! :(

I have been using both Facebook and Orkut for the past 4 years.. For me Orkut is far better than facebook. Orkut is simple to use, easy to view all the required data at once.On the other hand, facebbok is still complicated to me. Still confused a lot . Orkut may not be having that security advantages of FB. But, for those who want very tight security, it is better to keep off from social networking sites.!! Why do you post such 'sensitive' data in such sites?? Orkut have some sort of security features, which are enough for ordinary users. FB should have been much more simpler for having more new users..-reply by Philips