xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inhuman

My First Wrestling Event TNA Lockdown, Sunday - 4/13/08

Now, for those of you who don't know, TNA (Total Nonstop Action) is a wrestling organization and they recently had a Pay-Per-View event called Lockdown, which featured a card of all cage matches. I was at this PPV event and it was awesome. Also, the reason why it's so late is cuz I am getting desperate for hosting credits. :DAnyways, it's Sunday and I was waiting for my friends Ryan, Corey, and Jeremy to show up....they all live one state north of me. Anyways, it's starting to get late, like about 3 o'clock-ish, and I wanted them at my house earlier than that so we could get a pizza before going to Lowell, MA for TNA Lockdown. When they finally arrived, I ended up kinda mad. It wasn't because they got lost, but because Jeremy and Corey couldn't go. One had a paintball tournament, and the other's mother wouldn't let him go. Thankfully Dave, who stayed at Ryan's house that weekend, said he would go. So, out of the 5 tickets that I bought, 4 had holders: myself, my little brother, Dave, and Ryan. We then all worked out a plan on getting those 2 back home: My mom would drive Dave home, and I would drive up to NH to drop off Ryan. So once we settled on that, we went to Wendy's to eat. I hadn't eaten anything all day, so once I was eating their Baconator, it wasn't sitting to well. We then took the Lowell Connector into Lowell and I was surprised at the lack of traffic at the time...don't remember exactly what time, but it was around 4 or 5 o'clock. (The show started at 7:30). So we got there and we decided to chill in the parking garage for a bit. We stood around, chewing some Jack Links beef jerky (love that stuff) and listened to some King Diamond. Then I felt it...right in my throat, I could feel myself about to puke....I tried to keep it down, but I couldn't. I just spewed right there. Now you folks here on this site don't know this, but I'm a dude with long hair, so I was lucky enough not to get any in my hair, as it was untied and I wasn't wearing my hat. Anyways, we finished off the jerky and walked towards the Tsongas Arena, which was close to empty, aside from about 50 fans who were there early. They all went to the bathroom as I went to see if I could sell back my ticket, which I couldn't. Once we all met up again, I tried to figure out what I could do with my ticket...I tried callin all my friends who were near the area, but none wanted to go (they weren't wrestling fans any ways). So I tried to scalp it, which was unsuccessful. During our stay outside the lobby, we tried to get in contact with our friend Chad (who is a huge wrestling and MMA fan), to see what was up with him....and he didn't have much time to talk.....the jerk. At one point we were in the lobby, and a couple of the wrestlers were coming our to sign some autographs. Jay Lethal was about to walk right by me, so I stuck out my hand for a high five...and HE MISSED! Like he went for it and totally caught the edge of my hand. ^_^ We finally decided to go in once there was a bunch of people showing up (around 6:30 - 7-ish). We went and grabbed our seats which ended up being a great view. Staring straight ahead, we could see the entrance, and only a slight turn, and we could see into the cage. Now for those unfamiliar with TNA, they have a 6 sided ring (as opposed to the normal 4 sided ring) and our seats were perfect for seeing into it, where as if it were a 4 sided ring, we'd end up at a corner with an obstructed view. About a half an hour before things got started up, Chad finally shows up with a friend of his and we talked for a while. He ended up going to 4 wrestling promotions in that whole weekend: TNA, Ring of Honor, and a couple others that I don't remember. Then they went and grabbed their seats, which were away from ours....they couldn't see the entrance ramp too well. Anyways, 7:30, finally rolled around, and they announcers started getting the crowd hyped up. I lost my voice for the most part before the thing even started :P The first match was Curry Man (Chrisopther Daniels), Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, Johnny Devine, Shark Boy, and Consequences Creed in an escape match for the TNA X-Division title. Now the rules are a little different in TNA. Usually, only 2 people are in the ring, with the rest on an apron, but it works sorta like a tag team match, but they could tag anyone....least, I'm pretty sure that's how it worked. Anyways, it's pin/submit elimination and once it's down to 2 people, they try to escape the cage to win the match. Jay Lethal ended up escaping for the win. Following that was the Queen of the Cage match, where a bunch of the female wrestlers had to fight their way in to the cage, then it was pin / submit for the win. Roxxie Laveaux ended up pinning Angelina Love and won a title shot for the women's belt. The next match started off boring, so me, my brother, and Dave decided to get some food. (the match was B.G. James (formerly known as Road Dogg Jesse James) vs. Kip James (Formerly known as Billy Gunn)) Once we were in line, we ran into Chad again and talked for a little bit. The match ended while we were still in line, but I didn't care either way. Following that was an insane match. There were 6 tag teams in the ring and in they had to handcuff each other to the cage. Eric Young (as Super Eric) and Kaz won the match, though it was sometimes hard to pick up what the hell was going on....I mean 12 people in a small 6 sided ring, and some of them were just standing around....then you realize they're handcuffed. It was quite bizarre. Following that was the tag match from hell. Why do I say that? Well, allow me to explain the situation. It was a women's tag match, and one of the participants was 6 foot, 11 inches and about 250 lbs. (On a guess....don't feel like lookin up her stats.) Anyways, her fat rear end was blocking most of the match...she didn't stand by a turnbuckle, she was in the middle of the apron, blocking the whole section from the action. Thankfully, Gail Kim and ODB won, instead of her (Awesome Kong) and her lackey.....I don't feel like even trying to spell her name. Following that match was one that my little brother made fun. It was Booker T and his wife vs. Robert Roode and Payton Banks. What my brother did was start a chant calling Roode a racist [censored]. :P I need to find a vid of the match to see if it can be heard or not. Anyways, Booker and his wife won with the classic heel (bad guy) screw up. After that was the 5 on 5 cage match....basically 2 teams of people enter 1 person at a time. It starts with 2 people, and someone doesn't enter until 5 mins later, then someone else at 2 min intervals. Nobody can be pinned or submitted until everyone is in. Once everybody is in, they lower a roof for the cage, which has weapons attached to it.....there was blood and carnage everywhere. Christian Cage's team (Christian, Rhino, Kevin Nash, Sting, and Matt Morgan) won, beating out Tyson Tomko's team (Tyson Tomko, D-Von and Bubba Ray Dudley, James Storm, and AJ Styles). It happened when Rhino Gored (speared / tackled...whatever you want to call it) Storm. The last match could have been better than what it was. It was Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle for the TNA title. Basically if Joe lost, he'd "quit wrestling", which meant he was winning the belt. The problem with the match was that they turned it into a sorta MMA fight, rather than wrestle. I mean, they had a cage and it barely got used for the match. But the crowd reaction for the match was intense. Half the side was for Joe and the other half for Kurt. What's great about TNA is that they don't put emphasis on who you should be a fan of, like WWE seems to do; TNA basically allows you to decide for yourself who the heel and face are, even though sometimes it's usually obvious what side some of them are on. In this case, it was evenly split. Once Joe beat Kurt the event was over. My group stuck around until Joe was behind the curtain. We went back to the parking lot, chewed some more jerky and waited for traffic to die down before we left. It was closer to midnight before we ended up leaving. Once we were at my house, we chilled out for a bit before I drove Ryan home. Think my story is done? Not by a long shot. We were probably no more than 10 - 15 minutes away from Ryan's house when I got pulled over....for my first time. It was 1 am. Random profanities were running through my mind as I thought I got caught for speeding. As it turns out, the light for the license plate was out. What a relief it was knowing I wouldn't be getting a ticket....I mean, I already blew $36.50 on am unused ticket for the event. >_< Once I finally dropped Ryan off at his house, I turned around to go back home....problem was I got lost!!! I had a bit of trouble finding Route 3 South. I turned around once I got close to my uncle's town....I thought," [town name] wtf? That aint right...time to turn around!" So I turned around and finally found where I needed to go. I had a nice drive back home....no cops, no energy (I was exhausted), and I needed some sleep! I didn't get home until about 2-2:30 am. When I did, I went right to sleep. And that was my day at TNA Lockdown, my first wrestling event.

lol Glad to see your first event was such a success :DMy first event was actually a 2005 RAW event on May 9 (It was nothing too spectacular) what I noticed was that, Compared to what you see on TV, The stage/Titantron in TINY. My second event was a 2006 SD/ECW Taping When Vickie Guerrero Turned heel (which is wrestling slang for "Bad Guy" for those who don't know) by hitting Rey Mysterio with a steel chair.Anyway last year I went to my 3rd event, The 2007 WWE RAW Draft 3 hour Special From Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. If that sounds familiar to you it should because it brought such memorable moments as Fabualous Moolah (R.I.P) and mae Yound in there underwear on all fours barking like dogs (it was really scary/creepy) and the infamous Vince McMahon Limousine explosion.My 4th event was a local Indy fed known as NEW North East Wrestling. Featuring WWE and TNA Stars. With the Main Event Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe for the TNA World heavyweight title. (Angle won to keep the belt) And I already bought my ticket via WWE's website for my 5th event WWE Wrestlemania 25 from Houston TX. :D