xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Regarding The New Rating System

Alright, I love the new rating system as you can tell how much I've been using it, but there are a few little things about it do annoy me. I've waited up until now to share it just because I thought it was in beta or something and was going to be changed, but I think I'll post my opinions now.

First of all I'll talk about having your icon next to your name:

Posted Image

People with names as long as mine, it goes onto the next line, and when you mouse over, it goes back up to the previous line. It is extremely annoying. And then when I try to click on it to see what ratings I have received, not only does the rating system open, but the menu opens as well:

Posted Image

So my suggestion to fix this is to move your icon to the right one cell, to the left of the date of posting. This should solve all issues with this.

Now onto that little (list) link and box in the lower left.

Posted Image

I would like to know what other people think of that particular post when browsing through a topic without having to click on "list" on every post. So I have a great suggestion (in my opinion) for this as well. Instead of displaying this in a box in your sig, display all of the icons right below in the cell that has the quote and reply buttons, except have the icons centered left. And when mousing over the icons a hidden div layer reveals all of the names that voted for that particular icon.

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Alex I pointed that out in the thread about the alignment problem for the icon next to the person's name, of course the icon alignment get severly misaligned in other browsers as well. Plus I doubt it is a beta or there would be more problems with it, and as for moving the user icon to the post itself doesn't seem practical as all that needs to be done is push the user icon down a few pixels to the border of your name and avatar. Or maybe put it right underneath the male/female icon to get it away from opening up both sub menu's as that is hte main problem with this mod.As for changing the location of the icons I would think that would frivolous work and rather complicated as you would have to create two sets of icon coding; one to do the actual rating, and one to show the names of who rated that user. I wouldn't mind knowing the name of this mod so I could look at it though.

Sorry about posting again, however I really would like to see something done to improve this. I understand that you are very busy Opa, however if you need me to help in any way I'm always here and available.