xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Eat Tomatoes For Good Health!

Tomatoes are rich in fibre and Vitamins A and C. They are also cholesterol free. An average-sized tomato weighing about 150gm has only 35 calories.New medical research suggests that lycopene, the stuff that makes tomatoes red, may prevent several types of cancer such as lung, prostate, cervical, digestive tract and breast.Cooked tomatoes have higher concentrations of lycopene than non-cooked tomatoes.When you eat tomatoes which are cooked with a bit of olive oil, the nutrient aspects of tomatoes are absorbed more effectively.On a side note, there are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes in the world and the tomato is the world's most popular fruit.

On a side note, there are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes in the world and the tomato is the world's most popular fruit.

I wonder to see that number, 10,000 varieties.

Coming to health issue of tomatoes, there is a roomer that tomato with the combination of spinach may cause stones in kidney. Is it true. I eat tomatoes but I am afraid to go with the above combination when i heard that.

Raghu kishore

I wonder to see that number, 10,000 varieties.
Coming to health issue of tomatoes, there is a roomer that tomato with the combination of spinach may cause stones in kidney. Is it true. I eat tomatoes but I am afraid to go with the above combination when i heard that.

Raghu kishore

time to start eating tomatoes..

Nice, I ,love stewed tomatoes. I cant handle tomatoes in salads however I like them in sandwhitches. Im definietly doing to cook tomatoes more often with olive oil as well seeing the benefits of absorbtion. My favorite with tomatoes is wevos rancheroes (mexican eggs). Just Cook some eggs add some salsa and stewed tomatoes and its good to go.

Tomato is a good food. It is a good source of vitamin. It is also a good source of mineral. One cup (180 g) tomato contains vitamin C 34.38 mg, vitamin A 1121.40 IU, vitamin K 14.22 mcg, molybdenum 9.00 mcg, potassium 399.60 mg, manganese 0.19 mg, dietary fiber 1.98 g, chromium 9.00 mcg, vitamin B1 (thiamin) 0.11 mg, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) 0.14 mg, folate 27.00 mcg, copper 0.13 mg, vitamin B3 (niacin) 1.13 mg, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 0.09 mg, magnesium 19.80 mg, iron 0.81 mg, vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) 0.44 mg, phosphorus 43.20, vitamin E 0.68 mg, tryptophan 0.01 g, protein 1.53 g.It contains calories 37.80 g, in which 5.35 g calories from fat and 0.73 g calories from saturated fat. It is rich in fiber. One cup (180 g) tomato contains 1.98 g dietary fiber, 0.48 g soluble fiber, 1.50 g insoluble fiber. One cup tomato also contain 5.04 g sugar, 4.50 g monosaccharides and other carbs are 1.33 g. Incase of fat, one cup tomato contain total 0.59 g fat, saturated fat 0.08 g, mono fat 0.09 g, poly fat 0.24 g and have no trans fatty acids and cholesterol. Amino acids of tomato are alanine (0.04 g), arginine (0.04 g) aspartate (0.21 g), cystine (0.02 g), glutamate (0.56 g), glycine (0.04 g), histidine (0.02 g), isoleucine (0.04 g), leucine (0.06 g), lysine (0.06 g), methionine (0.01 g), phenylalanine (0.04 g), proline (0.03 g), serine (0.04 g), threonine (0.04 g), tryptophan (0.01 g), tyrosine (0.03 g), valine (0.04 g).