xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral Stasis

Technicolor A Would-be Internet Radio Show Website

"Technicolor" was an idea for a comedy website that made use of late 30s to early 60s American culture (as inspired by such games as Fallout and Bioshock) which would touch on such issues as racism, sexism, politics, religion, and other such somewhat hot topics. The website itself is intended to be designed similarly to a to an older poster or advertisement, and I think it shows with the way that I depicted the colors, shapes and various other images. The navigation buttons were simply things I found via a google search, then used some Photoshop techniques to dull them into a simpler look, so as to make them appear more illustrated. Additionally, all the characters at the top were black and white photographs that I added color to myself in Photoshop (hence the bright colors and joking reference Aryan-Saxon dominance in their blue and blond hair). It was all done in Photoshop CS 3 and Dreamweaver CS 3.

Unfortunately, although I had a lot of ideas for the radio show, it never really took off on account of delays, and eventually being busy. Regardless, I think that it was a rather neat website, though certainly not the cream of the crop.

Opinions and thoughts welcome!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/