xisto Community
galexcd

Trap17 150 Credit Giveaway

Well as I promised, I'm giving away all my award credits for winning the Xisto awards. Actually these aren't all of them but I'm saving the rest for other giveaways. So anyway on with the giveaway.

I've been thinking about how exactly I should do this one. If I just made one challenge and gave away 150 credits that would make one person very happy and the other members very sad. So then I thought, why not have the first person to answer correctly win 100, second win 50, and third and fourth place winners win 25. Well this was a good idea, but still only one challenge so they would have to PM me the answers, which wasn't exactly what I wanted. So here was my solution:

Below are 30 random questions written by me. Specifically written to be very difficult if not almost impossible to use google for. Post your answers here. You can put as many answers as you like in your post. Once somebody correctly answers a question you will get no credits for that one. Every correct answer you get, you earn 5 credits. Good luck!

#1. What is my first name?Correctly answered by roooss

#2. Ok, that one was kind of easy. Where do I work?Correctly answered by DeM0nFiRe

#3. Ok enough with the personal questions. sqrt(-1), e, PI. Reorder and insert operands to those three constants to equal one.Correctly answered by DeM0nFiRe

#4. what will the following php code print out? Correctly answered by Galahad

$h="bew";

function huh($in){

$in="h";

}

$bew="woah";

$edd="huh";

$woah="bew";

$edd(&$woah);

echo $$$woah;

#5. What professional application has this icon: Correctly answered by Saint_Michael (only gets 2 credits because i gave him a hint)

Posted Image

#6. how many total legs do two ducks and two dogs have?Correctly answered by roooss

#7. When passing primitive data types to java methods, are they passed by reference or value?Correctly answered by roooss

#8. Which Xisto mod won moderator of the year? Correctly answered by Galahad

#9. Approximately how many capillaries are in the human body?Correctly answered by roooss

#10. What unix command would keep printing a certain letter (default is y) as fast as possible?Correctly answered by gameratheart

#11. What does this logo represent? Correctly answered by delivi

Posted Image

#12. echo is to cout as function is to _____. (HINT: no return value)Correctly answered by roooss

#13. "You Quicken Lit 13 Suns" is an anagram of this answer for this question. (HINT: 13 is a very unlucky number)Correctly answered by DeM0nFiRe

#14. If I start out with an array of infinite 1's. (lets say I'm working on god's computer who has infinite RAM) And i run the following pseudocode, what indexes would still be 1?Correctly answered by DeM0nFiRe

START

set i to 2.

LOOP

set every ith term starting with but not including i, to 0.

increase i by one.

goto: loop

END

#15. Actually sorry about #14... I know it's confusing... it makes a lot more sense on paper. Because of its difficulty it is worth 10 credits, therefore, the answer to this question is the same as the answer to #14.Correctly answered by DeM0nFiRe

#16. blagosphere is an awesome word i use a lot to make fun of _________.Correctly answered by roooss

#17. what is returned by the following java function:Correctly answered by BuffaloHELP

boolean something(){

String some="jfdsl";

char[] a=some.toCharArray();

return (some=="jfdsl" && a[0]=='j');

}

#18. Fill in all of the blanks: heavy, engineer, scout, s__, s_____, s____, d______, p___, m____.Correctly answered by |]4NI3L

#19. How would you convert a string type variable to an integer in c++?Correctly answered by roooss

#20. exe is to app as iso is to ___.Correctly answered by DeM0nFiRe

#21. data, address, school, universal serialCorrectly answered by roooss

#22. The answer to this question is yes. This is a freebee. Basically the first person to read this question and answer it gets the 5 credits for it.Correctly answered by roooss

#23. The answer to this question is false, true or false?Correctly answered by roooss

#24. In unix operating systems, using only command line tools (and no command line text editors) how would you change every instance of a the word "cat" to "dog" in a text file? Correctly answered by Galahad

#25. Rotated black triangle, Black square. Red circle. What comes next? Correctly answered by Saint_Michael

#26. xorg.conf (linux users type what first comes to mind). Correctly answered by Galahad

#27. I am running out of question ideas. True or false?Correctly answered by roooss

#28. Simple math: f(x)=10x2+2x. What is f'(e)?Correctly answered by rvalkass

#29. analog is to digital as vga is to ___.Correctly answered by roooss

#30. Did you enjoy stressing over this quiz? If you did I'll give you these 5 credits.Correctly answered by roooss

The Xisto 150 credit giveaway has been finished! Congratulations to all of the winners.

roooss-65

DeM0nFiRe-30

Galahad-20

Saint_Michael-7

BuffaloHELP-5

rvalkass-5

delivi-5

gameratheart-5

|]4NI3L-5

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

oooh looks like i can be in with a chance here! lol#1: alex?#2: Xisto?#5: divx?#6: 12?#7: value?#9: 40 bilion plus?#12: static void?#16: the internet?#17: true?#19: intVar = atoi(strVar.c_str());#20: image#21: bus?#22: yes!#23: true/false depends how long you think about it for!#26: configure x?#27: true?#29: dvi? or hdmi#30: yeah twas a giggle!

Notice from rvalkass:
There is no need to copy the questions, and there were too many to Quote them all, so I've taken them out.

heh, if I wasn't already hosted I'd grab up all the programming related ones.
Oh, and I could be wrong, but for number 3 did you mean equals -1, not 1?

No I mean 1. A negative sign would be an operand you'd have to add ^_^

hah you're on top of the posts. Yeah i just edited the original one to say basically the equivalent. The math questions are fun. Remind me of highschool. I'm in art school now, so not much use for algebra.

Edited by gaea (see edit history)

Well, isn't this lovely :P As I'm kind of lazy, and I do have a small business trip coming up, I will find a use for some credits :PSo, to hit it off...#2. You're the leader of the resistance cell known as Flatters, and are trying to unveil the big governmental conspiracy ^_^ Other than that, I believe you go to school, and have no other jobs...#4. This code will put out a nice little woah#8. Velma#14. If I'm not mistaken, every index would be 0, except, 0, 1 and 2#15. Again, 0, 1 and 2....P.S.For #14 and #15, if the array is zero-based, if not, only 1 and 2 will not change...#20 CD/DVD image?#24. perl -pi -e 's/cat/dog/g' text.file#26. X.org (X11/XWindows) system resources configuration file?

Edited by Galahad (see edit history)

#4 "woah"
#5 Internet Explorer
#9 Unknown - but they would make up 25,000 miles if they were stacked end to end!

$ mv cat dog

#3 - -(e^(PI*sqrt(-1))) = 1

#17 - true

#20 - image Ok, I misunderstood this one, the answer is "DMG"

#15 - (Assuming that the array is Zero Indexed)

Well, technically speaking, this would never end and therefore would return nothing. However, assuming it could reach infinity and it does end at that point, every object at a prime number index would be 1, because since they have no factors, and when i is one of those primes it does not change that object. In addition, the object at index 1 and 0 would not be changed because i starts at 0 anbd goes up. (I specifically mention these two because they are not considered prime numbers, I believe)

#14 - (Assuming that the array is Zero Indexed)

Well, technically speaking, this would never end and therefore would return nothing. However, assuming it could reach infinity and it does end at that point, every object at a prime number index would be 1, because since they have no factors, and when i is one of those primes it does not change that object. In addition, the object at index 1 and 0 would not be changed because i starts at 0 anbd goes up. (I specifically mention these two because they are not considered prime numbers, I believe)

#28 - 80.471447 Didn't see the prime part, the answer is f'(e) = 20e + 2e^(e-1) In decimal form, this is 11149.883 (also equal to (4104.8e)

#13 Question 13 is Unlucky

Edited by DeM0nFiRe (see edit history)

The answer to #9 is over forty billion.

(Edit) And #10 is the command "yes".

#13 is "Question 13 is Unlucky" Looks like DeM0nFiRe got it before me.

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

#9. Approximately how many capillaries are in the human body?Don't know how many but approx, 25000 miles worth! P.S my first post ^_^