xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darjin

Mysql, Php, Apache Downloads And Setup Was A Nightmare Mysql, PHP, Apache

Mysql, PHP, Apache downloads were easy enough. Then came the setup process. This seemed to be an endless mess of going back and forth trying to get the programs to work together properly. Finaly I got them working after about 48 hours. There are great tutorials on the setup process, but only one or two actualy were easy enough for me to understand. I would like to see if I was the only one who had issues with this setup. Are there easier ways to setup the three?

Google XAMPP.It has never failed me yet. A one click Installer for a full *LAMP (Apache, MySql, Php, Perl) set-up on Windows, Linux, OSX... Cross Platform on all three, just be sure to download the correct files. There are tons of tutorials about them all over the Web. Check the Tutorial section here at the Xisto, in fact.

Yeah, XAMPP is a program that has taken care of all the setup and download of those products for you. I use it on all of my computers since it makes life very easy to have my own web server. If you need articles on how to utilize featuers like virtual hosts, etc use the Xisto search since many of us have witten tutorial on them here at Xisto. Good luck and this makes life very easy

On my Linux system, i just do

CONSOLE
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-mysql mysql-server
and in a few minutes (depending on download speed) i have my local server up and running. Back when i was in Windows, the only thing that prevented my local server to work was the Windows built-in firewall. Compiling from source takes a while longer because of dependencies, but everything worked out fine.

On my website i have two tutorials on how to manually set WAMP or LAMP up.

Yeah, XAMPP is a program that has taken care of all the setup and download of those products for you. I use it on all of my computers since it makes life very easy to have my own web server. If you need articles on how to utilize featuers like virtual hosts, etc use the Xisto search since many of us have witten tutorial on them here at Xisto. Good luck and this makes life very easy

On my Linux system, i just do

CONSOLE
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-mysql mysql-server
and in a few minutes (depending on download speed) i have my local server up and running. Back when i was in Windows, the only thing that prevented my local server to work was the Windows built-in firewall. Compiling from source takes a while longer because of dependencies, but everything worked out fine.
On my website i have two tutorials on how to manually set WAMP or LAMP up.

haha yes just goes to show how simple setting things up on linux can be! especialy compared with windows, and yeah for a windows approach i'd recommend the xampp approach! its a great compilation and has worked out of the box everytime for my windows machines, its not that i cant or havent installed a server from scratch its just that its so much easier! and who isnt for an easier life eh?!?!

I use WAMP and it works like a charm :P installation was quick and easy.I haven't used LAMP or XAMP, but installing all the different parts yourself must be tiring and complicated ^_^

Get a Linux distro that has Synaptic package manager, then all you have to do is load it up right click and select mark for installation, overall set-up took me about half an hour GO LINUX!

I am a newbie who is yet to set up a site. I want to know if this will work with my Xisto site and if anyone can point me to idiot tutorials on getting started. Can anyone show me a Xisto site that they created using these tools. Is it possible to intergrate an MDB database with such a site? I have a program that uses an mdb database but I want the info in the database to be available on my site when i set it up.

I am making my site this way and uploading it to your webspace is pretty easy, just upload the pages and backup your databases then restore them in PHPMYADMIN ^_^

My new laptop is running on Vista and installing Apache, MySql and PHP was hell. I've tried googling for tutorials on how to get the services working but still nothing.It was after a few days of tweaking the php.ini and httpd.conf which all amounted to nothing when someone recommended WAMP, a software that installs all 3 applications to machines that run on Windows. I thought there would be problems with Vista but surprisingly I didn't get any. I don't have to configure the php.ini anf httpd.conf and all 3 are working fine now. So yeah, go get WAMP especially if you machine runs on Vista. I'm planning on installing XP on my machine but I'll probably still use WAMP for it since it's easier ^_^

How to connect my other partition..

Mysql, Php, Apache Downloads And Setup Was A Nightmare

Hi I have installed xampp to my windows xp machine and its installed in c: drive and I know I have to put files in htdocs folder but I wanna make big movies and songs section for me local network user bcoz I am cable network owner I will use it for sharing but I am facing one problem.. My c: drive is little and other partitions are ok like 20gb 80gb like that now xampp only load htdocs folder in c drive how I link to other partitions data like one partition I want to make songs partition and second for movies but how I link them for xampp to load in website..? how to connect them

-question by Faizan Mirza