xisto Community
PCessna

My Mmropg (eclipse)

What is the game about and how do you play it? Why is it unique. I was really interested in this title until there were only screenshots. They show how the game looks (2d) but have no help for the gameplay and why i would actually want to plau your game.

What is the game about and how do you play it? Why is it unique. I was really interested in this title until there were only screenshots. They show how the game looks (2d) but have no help for the gameplay and why i would actually want to plau your game.

I'm glad you asked.

The game is called Dark Blade, of simple Warriors who go around the small but growing city of Dark Blade. A player who begins playing starts at Level 1 and has the chance to get to as high as, currently Level 150. Our highest leveled player is level 38. You defeat some monsters, quests are coming, and you have some fun listening to music we offer more and more and party zones (real music, not MIDIs) We offer spells, and items for your inventory. They don't show up on your character, for they are make believe and will guide you through your journey on DBO. Simple commands are available on the website. Your goal is to fight monsters to level up, and have fun as a hangout. We are offering more and more features and bug-fixes and stableness as each week passes. You would want to play to give our game a try, and test it's features. It's never gonna be up 24/7 in it's Pre-Alpha stage, which it's gonna take another month or two to get out of, But to help our developers test our game to it's most, We need members to help us try this. It runs stable with 5 online, but what about 10? 20? the max, 25? Try the hours on our site if you are interested.

Regards

-PCessna

Seem's interesting what are you coding the game in?

GM + GML.
It's a mix between scripting and programming. I like this because it's a mix of my favorite, scripting :)

I'm still learning, and it's going well.

It's crashed and i've restored it many times learning my mistakes and not harming accounts, games, experience or anything.

While in development, It needs to be watched( and that cannot be 24/7 ) therefore it is not for 24 / 7 play.

The game site was moved from dbonline.page.tl to pcessna.trap17.com to dbonline.page.tl and now to a new permanent host (actually my friend is the host =])

I may stop posting when I get banned, because I dunno if I can stay active much :[

laters :lol:
Edited by PCessna (see edit history)

You have some mapping errors you may want to look at fixing. Like in the first map screenshot you show there, part of the chimney is missing.Also, the graphics you are using foryour tiles are a little bit less than legal ^^ The license of RMXP says you have to use the graphics only in RMXP.

Nice job man, it's really good people try and make their own games.And don't ever be let down by how other games like WOW are, graphic and gameplay wise. These games people have spent millions of dollars and years of development with many many workers, and your doing it all aloneNice job on your game and I wish you luck :D

Are you guys stupid and/or blind? THIS LOOKS AWFUL!! The mapping sucksHORRIBLY. They are balnd as hell, the sprites are not even paperdolled,the npcs are mixed, you have mixed tilsets (rm2k/rmxp) and you have nospecial features other than what comes with eclipse. If you really wantto make a game, put some time and thought into a game rather thantrying to amke it as fast as possible to realease it. Seriously, lookat some tutorials or somethingNote: I am not trying to flame, just giving some very constructive critisism.And you guys have no idea what makes a good game if you want to play this crap.

Chakkra

Hi friend ,This game is really a nice 1 i just registere a fewdays back but now i can't login to the site every page redirects me to a new 1 saying we have moved....Can you please get rid of this error

<p><p>Are you guys stupid and/or blind? THIS LOOKS AWFUL!! The mapping sucks
HORRIBLY. They are balnd as hell, the sprites are not even paperdolled,
the npcs are mixed, you have mixed tilsets (rm2k/rmxp) and you have no
special features other than what comes with eclipse. If you really want
to make a game, put some time and thought into a game rather than
trying to amke it as fast as possible to realease it. Seriously, look
at some tutorials or something

Note: I am not trying to flame, just giving some very constructive critisism.

And you guys have no idea what makes a good game if you want to play this crap.</p></p>
<p>
<p>

<em>Chakkra</em></p></p>

Ouch, talk about putting them down for trying...I don't see anything wrong with the game.

Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. It's not a normal game, it's a MMORPG. There's a difference.

Even so, if he's not using a game creation program, then +1 to him for actually working on it.

If nothing else, it may path their way to the creation of a 3d game.

How did you make it?My Mmropg (eclipse)

ive heard of the eclipse game maker but do you need any previous expirience in game making or as I've heard you do "coding" because I would like to try this but I have no previous expirience at all. Do you think I could learn easily enough? is there guides for using the eclipse game maker? Please help me thankyou.

-question by Mr.Squirrel

Wow! Nice job!Game seems pretty nice, keep it up, that's a real cool project!