xisto Community
elhadi

Nvidia Display Driver Problem

Hello everyone

I have a problem with my new pc: my card the 8500gt 512mb graphics ... Game slow-loading computer freezes, when I launch a video: message (the display driver NV4_disp not working properly) + blue screen, reboot.

My configuration:

-- Lg_95c abit motherboard. -- Dual Core 3.4 GHz
-- PSU 300w
-- 2 gbs ddr2 ram (no problem with memtest)
-- NVidia graphics card 8500gt 512mb

Notice from truefusion:
As recommended by Xisto, use an online translator if you don't speak English well. https://translate.google.com/?langpair=fr%7Cen

It would seem that your missing a file, what I suggest is reinstall the drivers from the CD you got with your gfx card, and if you don't have that CD, your best bet is to uninstall the drivers. Even thought you don't mention the name brand of the computer, I would also suggest going to their site and search for video drivers and see if they have any current video drivers that you can download. Or go to Nvidia's website and download the lastest windows 32 bit drivers and see if that fixes your problem or not, odds are it will.

It might be a compatibility issue with the motherboard, if your drivers are in place.Try updating your motherboard drivers(from manufacturers website) along with the Graphics Card drivers ( from Nvidia.com as suggested by Saint Michael). And reply if it solves the problem you can also upgrade your BIOS if its available on the website. However don't do it if you are unsure about the process. because I had a similar problem with my old machine and a BIOS upgrade solved it.

Installing Geforce 9600 GTNvidia Display Driver ProblemI can't install my card. When I run the setup it says my Vista is not a 32-bit system. It is in fact. Any ideas?

Installing Geforce 9600 GT

I can't install my card. When I run the setup it says my Vista is not a 32-bit system. It is in fact. Any ideas?

What make is your card ?

I would suggest you download the new drivers from manufacturer's site or try downloading the drivers from Nvidia.com

It could be due to the corrupt driver setup

about my new sp3-final windows xp pro-corporate editionNvidia Display Driver ProblemHi there, I have a problem about my new operating system windows xp pro-corporate edition(sp 3 final) I have installed everthing, and when I am installing the driver for my geforce FX 5200. The problem occured for color problem. It went to 16bit and it cant be change.. Please help what can I do to solve this.-reply by kendih

Try downloading it off their website and then installing it.

It was an issue with the old driver

I hope this helps

btw What make is your FX 5200 .. :lol: .

Mine was XFX .. I still have it in one of my computers

about my new sp3-final windows xp pro-corporate edition

Hi there, I have a problem about my new operating system windows xp pro-corporate edition(sp 3 final) I have installed everthing, and when I am installing the driver for my geforce FX 5200. The problem occured for color problem. It went to 16bit and it cant be change.. Please help what can I do to solve this.

-reply by kendih

PC freezes while playing video dvds after installing new nvidia graphic cardNvidia Display Driver Problem

Hi,

I have HP compaq presario 3750IL, 2 gb, 320 gb, xp2, core 2 duo.

Initially with onboard card, it used to play dvd videos without any problem

I installed new nvidia geforce 9400 gt 1 gb graphic card.

since then everything is working fine ( games etc), but its now unable to play dvd video files.

PC freezes as soon as dvd drive reads any video dvds ( no problem with data dvds ).

Unable to reboot, restart even with task manager, only hard boot.

I came to know that its something to do with drivers.

Pls anybody help

Thanks

-reply by alok

Again use the common solution and that would be to install drivers from the website to fix the problem, however, you may need to go back to your old card if the drivers don't help.

NVIDIA crashes windows vista 64 when connecting second display.. help pleaseNvidia Display Driver ProblemReplying to (G)kendihIt worked for several months, The external display works perfectly with another computer.When I connect this display to my HP Pavillion laptop with vista 64 bits, both screens go blue, after a moment my laptop stops and restart, and gets a blue screen again.I started in safe mode, and here is what I got as details of the problem:Roblem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: FFFFFA8006C1B4E0 BCP2: FFFFFA6002414200 BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A BCP4: 0000000000000004 OS Version: 6_0_6001 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1Files that help describe the problem: C:WindowsMinidumpMini071809-01.Dmp C:UsersmarieAppDataLocalTempWER-129543-0.Sysdata.Xml C:UsersmarieAppDataLocalTempWERFD22.Tmp.Version.Txt-question by Marie

NVIDIA crashes windows vista 64 when connecting second display.. help please

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/57494-nvidia-display-driver-problem/ to (G)kendih</a>

It worked for several months, The external display works perfectly with another computer.

When I connect this display to my HP Pavillion laptop with vista 64 bits, both screens go blue, after a moment my laptop stops and restart, and gets a blue screen again.

I started in safe mode, and here is what I got as details of the problem:

Roblem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA8006C1B4E0

BCP2: FFFFFA6002414200

BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A

BCP4: 0000000000000004

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:WindowsMinidumpMini071809-01.Dmp

C:UsersmarieAppDataLocalTempWER-129543-0.Sysdata.Xml

C:UsersmarieAppDataLocalTempWERFD22.Tmp.Version.Txt

-question by Marie

Try Deleting the Minidump file and then restart the computer. Those minidump files create a serious issue on some computers.. It was happening to me also.

Secondly, You didn't mention your graphics card make or model. Still, I guess its because of some conflict issue otherwise Vista is quite stable. I'll suggest you uninstall the drivers and re-install the drivers from Manufacturer's website. (XFX, MSI, etc)

My MSI card used to have a similar problem whenever I used to connect a TV, It showed BOD. Anyways, Updating the drivers might solve your problem.

I had the same problemNvidia Display Driver Problem

Just clean your fans. If gpu temperature is getting to hot, a bluescreen occurs.

driver stopped workingNvidia Display Driver Problem

I've been having this since the latest drivers. I didn't only clean my fans but instead tottally dismounted everything, double checked my hardware, everything was fine. BUT, whenever I run a game pc crashes. My gpu was running at around 60 degrees (celcuis) on older drivers, with the latest its over 85. I've searched on the nvidia forums, there's a closed thread from 2007, when appearantly this problem started.And everyone says do this, do that, check this and that... My conclusion is a format and back to xp. Btw I'm running Nvidia gainward 8600 gt on vista home premium.

-reply by Annabelle

Max pixels available is only 1024 x 768, Why?Nvidia Display Driver ProblemMy max pixel option is 1024 x 768. I used to have more options available. It is in a windows vista based HP desktop used with a viewsonic vx2235wm flat screen.-reply by Terry

Windows cannot boot due to nv4_dispNvidia Display Driver Problem

In the same vein as the classical nv4_disp infinite loop, my computer cannot load windows at all due to the problem. Nothing works, including safe mode. Is there any way to kill the old drivers from a live cd of Linux and get things up and running again?

Any help would be great