xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Abstract

I whipped this up in photoshop this morning. I just used a few brushes, and some filters.

Comments please!

Posted Image

Looks great! I guess you like the "one side full, one side empty" style eh? Also I wouldn't mind a tutorial or did you just use some basic techniques? Keep up the good work!

Edited by the need for speed (see edit history)

Thank you both very much for your compliments.

As for creating a tutorial on this... well I can't say I'd be able to. Let me explain:

I try to create art, not just cool graphics. When I set out to make something... I use the experience of previous projects, and I try to experiment as much as possible. Due to this, I can't say that I follow any specific methods, or techniques as I try to create something that I feel is fairly unique. Since this is the case, it would be fairly difficult for me to create a tutorial.

What I can do for you, however is:

1. Get some brushes. I download all of my brushes from http://www.deviantart.com/. Just search for photoshop brushes... and you have access to hundreds of neat brushes.

2. Experiment with various filters. When I first started... all I would use was filters... (I'll admit those graphics sucked XD)

but they can be pretty useful if your trying to find the perfect effect.

3. Just try stuff out. Photoshop is like a box of chocolates.. you never know what your going to get... haha

4. I like to combine simple elements. Just try out some different brushing techniques, etc..... mix em together... see what you get... even if you don't like if now... you may remember it for something else later....

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)