xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

Easter Photography My Latest Work

This first image here was shot with a digital camera in color.

But I did do some color touch up in photoshop. as well as text and small extra.

Posted Image

The next few shots were taken with Balck and White film Ilford Hp5

But I scanned them in and did photoshop on them with colors tones levels stuff like that just practicing some stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also here is one that I thought would look cool in black and white and then with some work done on it.

Posted Image

So post your comments.

Try shooting with a red filter when using black and white film. Improves contrast.First shot "Easter" is a bit washed out. I like it, but the colors aren't as vibrant as I'd like. Second pic is lacking contrast. The darker skin of the subject should be richer as should the grass. Exposure is too long? Red filter or yellow filter would improve contrast a lot. Actually, yellow filter is better for B&W.Third pic has too much magenta and her dress is lacking any real detail.Fourth pic is slightly green or yellow, I can't be sure, and the subject's clothes are washed out lacking contrast.Final pic needs more contrast.The cool thing about B&W is what it lacks in color, it's capable of making up with contrasts. Contrasts convey a narrow field of emotion and, used well, can impart some impression on the viewer that would be otherwise lost with color. Shadows are vastly important with this medium, as is skin tone. Near-field objects can be better defined using depth and focus. Keep at it. I see a lot of desire and possibilities in your eye.

Im not so sure if you're trying to take photos with the purpose of making it washed out or like having that effect as if its those old photos that you find from years ago.. if you were then great job. If not then yeah i think that now adays photos like those would need much more colour.. just adjust it in photoshop if the digital cameras don't take the right images .

Very sweet and cute subjects. However, I think children go better with brighter and more vivid colors.

So post your comments.

I quiet like them! And I love the effect you have used to wash out or fade some of the colouring.
It gives the photo a more classic look and, as someone has pointed out, make it look like an old photo.

The last is unusual- but nice :P

Try shooting with a red filter when using black and white film. Improves contrast.
First shot "Easter" is a bit washed out. I like it, but the colors aren't as vibrant as I'd like.

Second pic is lacking contrast. The darker skin of the subject should be richer as should the grass. Exposure is too long? Red filter or yellow filter would improve contrast a lot. Actually, yellow filter is better for B&W.

Third pic has too much magenta and her dress is lacking any real detail.

Fourth pic is slightly green or yellow, I can't be sure, and the subject's clothes are washed out lacking contrast.

Final pic needs more contrast.

The cool thing about B&W is what it lacks in color, it's capable of making up with contrasts. Contrasts convey a narrow field of emotion and, used well, can impart some impression on the viewer that would be otherwise lost with color. Shadows are vastly important with this medium, as is skin tone. Near-field objects can be better defined using depth and focus. Keep at it. I see a lot of desire and possibilities in your eye.

Its awkward to have high contrast photos for Easter. You are rights on how contrast light up emotion in photos but not for a cheerful day like Easter. The wash out, from what i see and experience, its intended. The mild tone brings a delivered a different emotion to viewers. Its soft in general. I like it very much and its been years since i last doing that.

Not everything should be done in a way, photography is an art and art is to be explored and experiment.