xisto Community
darran

Review My Wordpress Theme

There is a major bug when it is viewed in Konqueror:

post-7593-1208328894_thumb.png

Not a particularly nice way to greet visitors ^_^ Should be a pretty easy fix though if you look through the JS.

It also fails XHTML validation on one very minor thing, which I am sure was accidental. In fact, it appears to be the image you inserted into the post about the theme:

Error Line 82, Column 82: required attribute "alt" not specified.
themes/wp_mochalime/screenshot.png" /></p>

Not a problem with the theme so much then.

Other than that, it is a very good-looking theme, well thought out and excellent choice of colours. Widgetising it is easy, and should certainly be your next step.

I am unable to actually see any errors on the javascript on IE or Safari for that matter. Do you mind pinpointing where the error is coming from because any javascript is purely by a 3rd party in the form of plugins and sides.

_gat is not defined[Break on this error] pageTracker._trackPageview();
From a Firefox Firebug javascript console. Looks lik a script error from the page-tracker you have installed.

A couple of empty span tags on your Home page. (6)
Result: 0 errors / 6 warningsline 76 column 16 - Warning: trimming empty <span>line 110 column 16 - Warning: trimming empty <span>line 144 column 16 - Warning: trimming empty <span>line 177 column 16 - Warning: trimming empty <span>line 210 column 16 - Warning: trimming empty <span>line 235 column 9 - Warning: trimming empty <span>Info: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"Info: Document content looks like XHTML 1.0 Strict
and some unknown tags on the article about the Local language.
Result: 2 errors / 4 warningsline 100 column 21 - Error: <rdf:rdf> is not recognized!line 100 column 21 - Warning: discarding unexpected <rdf:rdf>line 103 column 4 - Error: <rdf:description> is not recognized!line 103 column 4 - Warning: discarding unexpected <rdf:description>line 107 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </rdf:rdf>line 115 column 29 - Warning: trimming empty <ul>Info: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"Info: Document content looks like XHTML 1.0 Strict
Nice design. I might need to steal it... ^_^

I will be looking to fix those problems asap. The RDF is for the trackbacks. And I can't seem to get those errors you mentioned. How do you exactly debug using Firebug? Never used it before.Thanks for the nice comments, would be nice getting a mention ^_^

Edited by darran (see edit history)

This is kind of like a blog. So wordpress is pretty good, but i would suggest MODx CMS. Not only because it's something that it a content management, but because it has more features like a toolbar and you can custom-ly add your own materiels or shoutboxes if you do it manualy. So here is the link to download it and hope that if you do use it that you enjoy it and be a happy user of modx content management.

Direct Link to modx and a demo of the page is >> https://modx.com/

So the site you see above is pretty much the exact same replica that you would find once you upload it into your website. Good luck Prophet.