xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tourist

Blood Grouping System Important blood grouping system of human and non-human

RBC (red blood cells) is an important element of blood. There are many antigenic substances present in the surface of RBC. Depending upon the presence or absence of inherited antigenic substances on the surface of RBC, blood may be classified in different groups; these groups are called Blood Group or Blood Type. Other then human, animals and bacteria have cell surface antigens and they have also blood grouping, but their blood groups are quite different.Human have 29 recognized blood group system (recognized by International Society of Blood Transfusion, ISBT). The popular blood grouping systems are ABO blood group system, Rhesus blood group system, MNS system, Kell system, Lewis system etc. Though ABO blood group system and Rhesus blood group system is most popular in human, but complete blood type would describe a full set of 29 substances on the surface of RBCs. ABO system, the most important blood group system in human is associated with anti-A antibodies and anti-B antibodies. This group is discovered in 1901. The blood groups of this system are A (genotype AA or AO), B (genotype BB or BO), AB (genotype AB) and O (genotype OO). The second most important blood group system is the Rhesus system. The most significant Rhesus antigen is the RhD antigen. The Rhesus group was discovered in 1937. There are also different blood groups in non-human. More then 13 canine blood groups and eight Dog Erythrocyte Antigen (DEA) types are recognized as international standards. Recognize system of feline blood designates cats as A, B, or AB. Incase of hours, there are eight recognized blood groups. They are A, C, D, K, P, Q, T, and U. Incase of cattle, the polymorphic systems are A, B, C, F, J, L, M, S, and Z polymorphisms.There are many clinical significance of blood group like blood transfusion, hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN) etc. In many countries, blood grouping test is compulsory to get passport, driving license, national ID card etc. In some cases, blood grouping also helps to determine heredity.

In biology we looked at a map which gave dominant blood types in each region. It was really interesting to see how different cultures had different predominant blood types. I wonder how this will change over the years as cultures mix more and more.

Helloi came to know that the most common blood group is O positive (not +ve)i was taught at the college that B positive is the most commonest one and i used to feel proud that i belong to a group which is a majority.is there a recent surge in O positives or change in assessing mechanisms or change in studies and ideologiesafurther i want to know what is the significance of bombay blood group

Hello!Well, eventually it is good to be a donator and donate a lot of blood as much as you can to help peoples out that needs it, like O - can donate to everyone, but in another way of thinking, imagine that you actually need blood to get donated to you and you need only O-, so I think it is much better to keep all O- donations for strictly O- peoples that needs blood otherwise, it would be some kind of waste for those peoples and they might die before they get the chance to get the transfusion done.Personally, I am B+, so I guess it is fine.. I donate as much as I can and when ever I can =D :lol: I just hope more peoples do it also! Poor AB+ peoples, so rare and can't donate hahaanyways cya for now!Tim.

Hello!
Well, eventually it is good to be a donator and donate a lot of blood as much as you can to help peoples out that needs it, like O - can donate to everyone, but in another way of thinking, imagine that you actually need blood to get donated to you and you need only O-, so I think it is much better to keep all O- donations for strictly O- peoples that needs blood otherwise, it would be some kind of waste for those peoples and they might die before they get the chance to get the transfusion done.

Personally, I am B+, so I guess it is fine.. I donate as much as I can and when ever I can =D :)

I just hope more peoples do it also!

Poor AB+ peoples, so rare and can't donate haha

anyways cya for now!

Tim.