xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flashy

Opening Nat On Your Xbox - Upnp With Netgear for NETGEAR users with UPnP enabled

Posted ImageI think all of the NETGEAR Routers now come with UPnP

Follow this tutorial and i will show you how to open your NAT.

1. Go to 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1 - or whatever they supplied you with)

2. Go down to maintenance and 'Attached Devices'.

3. My xbox is named '---' - most xboxes have that default name.

4. Make sure your xbox is located there and is in the IP you selected in your xbox wifi setup.

Posted Image

5. Now go down to 'Advanced' then 'UPnP'

6. If the 'Turn UPnP On' is toggled - then uncheck it and apply. Then when it updates check it again then apply it. That would have refreshed the UPnP.

7. Run the xbox live test and the NAT should then appear 'Open' or atleast 'Moderate'.

Posted Image

Works all the time for me- and my neighbour, so it should work for you ^_^

Ya but the Xbox needs to have an open NAT not a Moderate. That is the whole point. If you said you know how to open the NAT on the Netgear then don't give BS on just moderate because moderate doesn't work either

-reply by Jake

NAT is open, but still it wonOpening Nat On Your Xbox - Upnp With Netgear

hey,

Sunday I bought a Netgear WNDR3700 router, because my former Belkin router wasn't compatible with Xbox Live,now I've set it all up.

I go to the menu of my game (Modern Warfare 2) to play online with friends. And it says on the screen "Your NAT type: Open", but I can hardly find any games! Nor can I connect to friends' game and Xbox Live party's.

I've tried this and it won't work!

I have having to depend on technology..

Sincerely, Aj

Changing NAT type to "Open" on Xbox 360, with Netgear routerOpening Nat On Your Xbox - Upnp With Netgear

Does anyone know how to do this so it's definatley open?

I've enabled UPnP and allowed my Xbox's MAC Address through my router, but I still only get a NAT type of "Moderate", can anyone be of any assistance?

-reply by Ed A

thank you flashyOpening Nat On Your Xbox - Upnp With NetgearCheers thanks alot m8 worked for my pc and for ps3 will use this and recommend to freinds with same problem cheers again m8-reply by Matthew Holloway

Hi, If your Xbox is reporting 'NAT is moderate' in your netgear router then go into the admin panel (192.168.0.1, admin, password) Go to Advanced and WAN setup. Input your Xbox's IP address as the default DMZ server. This opens all ports to it and prevents any packets or information being lost. Works fine then.

You might want to assign your Xbox a static IP from the XBOX menu, not the router menu. On your router you need to remove the Xbox's static IP address from the DHCP pool so your router doesnt give it to another computer. (Advanced, LAN setup). Use router as DHCP server ticked and give the Xbox the address from the Ending IP Address field. Then reduce it by one in your router. E.G. Mine used to say Ending IP Address 192.168.0.254. I gave the Xbox that address and changed the Ending IP Address to 192.168.0.253

@FlashY: I've tried that twice and it doesn't work....Still lists my NAT type as Strict. I can't find ANY games on Halo: Reach or Black Ops. And it was working fine this morning. i have no clue what to do. Someone PLEASE help.