xisto Community

I'm In A Stitch, I Like My Best Friend's Cousin. Shes perfect for me though...

Hi, I'm Dylan.We come from different ends of the line.She's more popular, and 3 more friends in the school than I have.I noticed her staring at me in LifeManagement class one day, and I looked at her and she turned away and started messing with her hair. I really like her, and I'm not sure if they feeling is mutual, she is very shy, and I am to.I'm mainly thinking about writing her a letter to tell her, and just to say something like, "I didn't want to embarrass you at school, just in case you don't like me back." or anything like that in it.She is perfect for me though, every other girl in my school is loud, annoying, not exactly smart,(no offense, but it's really bad how unintelligent they can be.) But she has the most beautiful smile, she doesn't laugh at things that are not funny like the rest of the class, she's a real individual, and she is always nice. But, I'm stuck here, because its my best friends cousin, and i don't want to lose a freind, but she seems so perfect...Btw, were both 15, it could be just infatuation, but i don't really think so.She looks up at me in LM classes, stares at me and looks away and plays with her hair, or whatever, until i look the other way, and stares again, and one time for about 5 seconds, our eyes locked, and I went from cool from being by the air conditioner, to warm all over, and she seemed to to.Should I go ahead and ask her out, or wait and be sure?

Edited by 332083 (see edit history)

Hi, I'm Dylan.
We come from different ends of the line.
She's more popular, and 3 more friends in the school than I have.
I noticed her staring at me in LifeManagement class one day, and I looked at her and she turned away and started messing with her hair. I really like her, and I'm not sure if they feeling is mutual, she is very shy, and I am to.
I'm mainly thinking about writing her a letter to tell her, and just to say something like, "I didn't want to embarrass you at school, just in case you don't like me back." or anything like that in it.
She is perfect for me though, every other girl in my school is loud, annoying, not exactly smart,(no offense, but it's really bad how unintelligent they can be.)
But she has the most beautiful smile, she doesn't laugh at things that are not funny like the rest of the class, she's a real individual, and she is always nice.
But, I'm stuck here, because its my best friends cousin, and i don't want to lose a freind, but she seems so perfect...
Btw, were both 15, it could be just infatuation, but i don't really think so.
She looks up at me in LM classes, stares at me and looks away and plays with her hair, or whatever, until i look the other way, and stares again, and one time for about 5 seconds, our eyes locked, and I went from cold from being by the air conditioner, to warm all over, and she seemed to to.
Should I go ahead and ask her out, or wait and be sure?

My advice: communicate. Talk with her, letter form if need be, and see whether she likes you back. If it really bugs you that she's your best friend's cousin, tell her that, and possibly your best friend too (probably only after finding out she likes you back or there's no need to get into that).

Your best friend may not even mind. The key thing here though is whatever the situation, you should talk to her about where things stand sooner or later. It sounds like the kind of situation that could weigh on you a long time afterwards otherwise. If you don't talk to her even if you have good motives, she could get the idea you don't like her and it's best to just be honest with her completely.

If you're worried about infatuation, then make sure it's about her as a person and not just what feelings she makes you feel. Get to know her for who she is and let her be the one that's special, not some feeling. Good relationships are cemented on complete honesty, commitment, and caring about one another for who they are.

If it means anything, I think it sounds like it could be something special. Good luck!

My advice: communicate. Talk with her, letter form if need be, and see whether she likes you back. If it really bugs you that she's your best friend's cousin, tell her that, and possibly your best friend too (probably only after finding out she likes you back or there's no need to get into that).
Your best friend may not even mind. The key thing here though is whatever the situation, you should talk to her about where things stand sooner or later. It sounds like the kind of situation that could weigh on you a long time afterwards otherwise. If you don't talk to her even if you have good motives, she could get the idea you don't like her and it's best to just be honest with her completely.

If you're worried about infatuation, then make sure it's about her as a person and not just what feelings she makes you feel. Get to know her for who she is and let her be the one that's special, not some feeling. Good relationships are cemented on complete honesty, commitment, and caring about one another for who they are.

If it means anything, I think it sounds like it could be something special. Good luck!

Yeah, I was worried it was just "kid stuff." but she really seems perfect,(thats a natural thought of someone my age though.)and I decided to tell my friend, he had decided to smack with something that felt like a wooden figurine.
Well, I was also wondering, when our eyes caught for about 5 seconds and I felt suddenly much warmer, she looked the same to...
Thats almost certain sign of her liking me, isn't it?
She really gives me motivation in almost everything i do, if I think I'm messing something up, I'll think 'Now what would she say?' and I get it done, or whatever I'm doing...
Yes, i tend to ramble.
Also, I'm trying to find out her locker number and slip a note in it, but its proving difficult...
Edited by 332083 (see edit history)

In stead of slipping a note, just tell her and be a man :P I'm sure your friend wouldn't mind if he/she is really your friend ^_^ Maybe invite her somewhere or take her someplace and tell her how you feel. I guess it is easier said then done, but if you let this chance slip away, you might *cough*will*cough* regret it.Better to be sure than to not know :P Good luck!

Maybe your friend, (her cousin), can help the situation. Hook him up with a girl you kn ow and do the double date thing...It doesn't need to be a big deal... go to the movies one night, have a lunch together, but as suggested, act on the feelings/sensations you have. This sounds like one of those things that if you never ask, you will not get the answer... Go ahead, do the deed...

I have tried to tell her so many times now...All for some reason have been thwarted by someone I have no control over, and always someone different, it's very annoying...very hard to find this girl without a million friends...Heres what happens when i tried while she has like 6 friends by her.Me:Hi jessie.Freinds1/2/3/4/5/6:GIGGLE GIGGLE GIGGLE GIGGLE GIGGLE GIGGLEJessie:Hi, Dylan.Friends:GIGGLES EVEN LOUDER AND ANNOYING-ER.ME:So, you-Friends cuts me off: GIGGLE GIGGLE GIGGLEME: Want to-Friends: GIGGLE FREAKING GIGGLEJessie: Maybe we should talk another time.Friends: giggle, ooooh.Me: Hangs head, Ticked at myself for failing again.Jessie: Bye.Me:Bye, talk to you later, I hope.Friends:giggle giggle GIGGLE GIGGLE, oohh he likes you.UGH!

Why don't you just ask her friends for a bit of privacy,Then ask her ^_^ If they don't go, when she says "Talk to you later" you should say something like "This is important" :P Yeah, I ain't the got the best of words but thats what I would do. Oh yeah, Good luck "Tiger" :P j/k

Well, that is what happens when you wait like this ^_^ Hope you've learnt from your mistake and if it is not to late just go and tell her . Sorry to hear about you being depressed but you waited too long and these are the consiqences you have to suffer.Sorry if I sound mean but I want to tell you loud and clear :P

Do you know her well personally? If you do, then just start working at being friends with her first. Then you can impress her and work at making the feeling mutual. if you don't know her very well, ask your friend to introduce you. If you are having problems with those giggling friends of hers (this reminded me of Harry Potter trying to ask Cho Chang to be his partner at the christmas ball and it was difficult because she was constantly surrounded by giggling girlfriends), ask your friend to help you get her out on her own. Your friend could ask her out (nothing wrong for relatives to get together for a little family time) and you can 'tag along'. What are friends for? Why would you lose your friend if it fails? It's not as though your friend is in love with the cousin, right?

talk to your friend, if hes ur real friend he isn't gonna get mad or somethingg.if its alright with hiim, talk to the girl bro; she seemss pretty nice

talk to your friend, if hes ur real friend he isn't gonna get mad or somethingg.if its alright with hiim, talk to the girl bro; she seemss pretty nice

I told my friend already, he hit with a wooden statue :/
Plus, since shes moving, I HAVE to tell her, and when I do, it's gonna be hard knowing that if she likes me still, theres no chance of us ever actually going out...

I think you should wait first and and be sure of your feelings because it already came from you that it just may be an infatuation. You know.., love takes time and it pays to wait (its proven and tested you know..). And if you are already sure of your feelings, first thing to do is to talk to your bestfriend to ask permission..(its better to be sure that you have your bestfriends approval before doing any moves first.

rollyn

Did you see it? One more time? You won't get faked out here! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/