xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

Can Anyone Recommend Me An All In One Printer?

I have been facing so many problems with my HP printer for use on my Mac, I am thinking of getting a new one. I intend to use this printer at home for document printing, some scanning and copying, pretty much what you would do with a normal printer at home. I have set my eye on the Canon PIXMA MP145, but for some reason it is going around for sale by many locals in forums, that makes me wonder how good is it when so many people are trying to get rid of it. Do you guys have any recommendation? I am willing to take a look except at HP printers. It would be good if the printer does not cost more than USD 100.

I have a Brother MFC-3360c. It can do everything you're asking for, and for under $100. The one i have i've owned for over a month and hasn't failed me yet, so it seems reliable enough to be recommending. The website also provides drivers for Linux, thankfully. I got the printer part to work under Linux; the scanner part i still need to get to work (xsane doesn't seem to be picking up the machine even though i see it on the list...). You can find Mac and Vista drivers at their site, too.

I also have a Brother, though it's a 110C (I think). The ink cartridges are cheap and the black lasts a long time. Keep away from Lexmark. Yes, their machines are cheap, but they kill you on the ink cartridges. I was paying $24 for black cartridges and they barely last for a month.