xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Rereview Of My Site A re review of updated site

Okay everyone, I have read all the postes on the revies of my site. Echo Of Thunder I really do thank you all for the last review, It helped alot. Maybe this one will be a little more to everyone liking.
Not as many Maps as I would have liked, but was throwing the template off, and I no very very little of CSS but learning.
ty

There are a few bugs with your site that should probably be fixed. The first one is the valid XHTML logo. Your site has 150 XHTML errors! Go through the results and fix up the errors. You'll normally find that fixing one error will cause a few others to get fixed along the way.

The buttons making up the menu on the left get a large space put under them when you mouse over them, which causes all the other buttons to be forced downwards, and forces the text below the menu to also get pushed down. Probably just a small CSS thing - easy to fix.

Last little thing - the bottom image for your main page (the curved base image, just below the XHTML logo) has a space above it, which makes the blue background show through like a line across the whole page. Again, a little bit of CSS and you should easily get that to go back up to where it belongs.

There are also some differences between browsers. In Firefox, the scrolling marquee at the top of the page disappears, and the text below it ("WELCOME TO ECHOS OF THUNDER") suddenly becomes centre aligned, and the audio doesn't autoplay (which is better in my opinion - I hate audio starting up without me asking for it ^_^ ).

There are those few bugs to get sorted out first, and I would fix them as a priority because it looks like people may be missing out on content depending on how they browse your site.

Ok, well, first, you've done an ok job seeing as it's your first time using CSS.Firstly, I don't think the colors you have chosen are very kind on the eye, too many colors being broadcasted so try limit the amount. Also, there seems to be a bit of coding error as quite a lot of the information on the page is overlapping.You need to move the bottom border across to the right a bit to align it, and then up a small bit to connect to to the middle section, and then make the middle bit larger so it fits all the information onto it.But apart from those few hick ups, not a bad effort ^_^ good work

Using an HTML 4.01 Transitional Doctype drops the error count considerably. Might want to try that before continuing with the error fixes. The 4.01 Doctype allows for less strict coding and is more forgiving to beginner Web Designers. You can work your way into Strict Mode as you develop your skills and then into an XHTML Doctype after that.Definitely a great improvement over the previous design. Good work. Keep learning.

Actually not a bad website. The only changes I have are only my opinion, and others may disagree with me. My fist change would be to get rid of that blue stripped background behind your title. It would look a lot better i the title was against your shiny rectangular bubble that all your content is in. That "bubble" looks nice, don't cover it up!
Next thing is your images. When i saw some of the images on your site i felt that they could be greatly improved by a reflection underneath them. you don't even need to redo them in photoshop. I found a nifty little javascript script that does exactly that for you. Finally, the content under the main section of your site. The banner, counter, and that object that you've got that doesn't load in my browser. I assume that object is some kind of music player?

Stream set to Auto-Play Click the Square to Stop

yeah looks like its supposed to be music. Music on websites are just plain annoying and websites with content that only run on certain browsers are even more annoying. I really think you should get rid of this if you want your website to seem professional. The counter just doesn't match. If you want to you could get a text counter and put it at the bottom of your background image. That would look a lot better than the one you have now. If you get rid of that counter and the object, the banner can stay down there, and it won't look that odd, but i would still prefer to see it inside the square thing.
Anyway like I said, these are just opinions of mine. Some may agree with them some may not. It is up to you what you want to listen to and what you don't.

Hmmm..... I'm not reviewing this as a designer or something, as a user i need the site to be more appealing and cool........ The colors are too saturated for my taste....... I guess most people don't like highly saturated colors. Also the "Strom prediction center" part is too tough to read. The fonts don't stand out well. The colors were not contrast. That could have made a lot better. Do concern about the readability of stuffs and user experience. Coding and optimization comes next IMO.This is a honest review on what i felt, Excuse me if I'm wrong anywhere. No hard feelings :lol:

1. I doubt the common user is interested in your hit count. Low numbers can even be embaressing for you. Instead, remove this and just keep track of it using your hosts statistics.

2. The quality of your images is really low. If youve got better copied try reexporting them as Jpegs at 80% or if there only a few colours, use gifs. Many people have high-speed connections these days so dont be afraid to include 50k+ images.

3. Use Css to set your text links to a more contrasting colour from the background.

Dont be afraid o use templates or ask for specific coding help in the forums. check out http://www.w3schools.com/ for help on your html and css

Hi

U should fix some bugs in the web site. The logo of the web site is not good enough.The navigation buttons color is not so compatible with the web site color or site color should be matched with the navigation buttons.

Below the pdf file ,text in bold black color is not appeared so should be change.

website design

Edited by chetan1 (see edit history)

Okay everyone, I have read all the postes on the revies of my site. Echo Of Thunder I really do thank you all for the last review, It helped alot. Maybe this one will be a little more to everyone liking. Not as many Maps as I would have liked, but was throwing the template off, and I no very very little of CSS but learning.
ty

Hiya,

couple of things i hope haven't been mentioned.

- menu has links to external sites. Maybe put them in a distinct 'links' section.
- i opened the pdf. You can offer user a link to acrobat reader incase they dont have capability for viewing pdf.

I'd reduce header a bit, change order of links and maybe put the 'news/rss box' in left hand side of home page.

Put as many maps as you want in. You could have text links that open in a new window?

Good luck!