xisto Community
Emerger

Any Fly Fishers Out There?

My favorite hobby is fly fishing. I like just about everything about it. I like hiking and camping. I like that trout don't live in ugly places so where ever I go, there are birds and deer and other wildlife to see. I like the quiet and solitude of standing alone in a small stream trying to fool an animal with a pea-sized brain.

I like learning new things like the life cycle of insects and how to mimic each stage with fly patterns that I tie myself.

I like looking for the right spot where a fish could be hiding, making a good cast and having the fish take it. I like knowing whether I am right or wrong, it doesn't matter because the process was rewarding by itself.

Posted Image

Look at this river. Despite the snow. It is a beautiful place to spend a few hours alone with nature.

That's why I love fly fishing.

the feeling of getting your own fish not buying it in some market is remarkable for me. in this day and age going fishing is a thing of the past for most of us. so i congratulate you that you still have the time to do it and am a little jelous

I adore fishing, there is nothing nicer than eating a nice long brown trout that you've caught. I had to stop cause of two reasons Posted Image My mum (and to be honest shes right) says theres no need and secondly the price of licenses and river permits have gone through the roof! Oh if you need any personalized flies I'm the man to call! I have been fly tying for two years now and have built up a few flies! PM me if you need any!

Always happy to help

Karlos

Fly fishing is honestly something that I've always wanted to look into learning how to do.With any luck, maybe this year will be the year.The only reason why I can't really learn RIGHT now is because I'm not at all equipped to go fly fishing in any manner.I have no rod and no lures and... Certainly no one to teach me how to fly fish.Perhaps most importantly, I have no where within my traveling distance that I can actually go.But I've wanted to learn for years now, so maybe I'll make a better attempt at it this year.I need to get a job anyway, so I might be able to afford to buy myself a fishing rod.And I'm sure I can figure out how to fly fish on my own. With or without the aid of the internet (Internet is good for anything, after all)And......I might be able to convince someone (Like my cousin, who has a car) to take me to a place where I can actually fly fish.

Thanks for the feed back. Good to know I'm not the only fool waving a stick. Karlos, I am sorry you had to give it up. Out here in the western US licenses are cheaper than gas to get there. DCSHAW, you need to go try it. I thought there was a lot of fly fishing in your neck of the woods. Salmon and stripers and inland trout. It doesn't have to be expensive ( though it is easy to make it so). If you have a friend or relative who is a fly guy, chances are he has two or three extra rods and boxes of flies for you to use. Might as well dip a line and see if you like it.The rivers are about to start rising here as the mountain snow starts to melt. This is a great time of year.I'll post some pictures after my next outing.

I had a great idea for catching catfish and it really works
as we all know catfish are attracted to foul smelling things.
I came upon this product called liquid *bottom*. its generally
used for stink pranks and had a very high rating. so i had an idea. i purchased this stuff and took it with me the next
time i went fishing. i put a peace of a sponge on a hook
and soaked it with liquid *bottom*. (this stuff smelled so horrid
i almost through up! )that day i caught tons of catfish!
(more than ever befor) i recommend everyone to thy this product! you can win competitions!!
to purtuce it go to LiquidAss.com (just click here)