xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dave2win

Wysiwyg Jscript Editor I need a good Java Script Editor

Can any of you guys give me a good Java Script Editor. I really need one badly. I make Java Script goodies as an addon for my web site but it really takes a lot of my time to type all those similar code blocks over & over again, Could any one please provide me such an editor as Microsoft Visual Basic or Visual C++. I mean the IDE shold have similar features.****Above all it should be a free one****Thanks in adv.Dave

****Above all it should be a free one****

Well, I have always used SeaMonkey (the Firefox utility), and it is certainly free. Other than that, I believe that there is a plug-in for Eclipse if you have access to it. Other than that, I'm not sure of any IDE's specifically geared at Javascript.

an awesoms text editor called notepad++ is available @ notepad-plus.sourceforge.net, its freeware, and it not only can edit javascript,but hundreds of other programming languages including java, HTML, CSS, C++, pearl, XML and many others. it makes viewing, editing, and writing code very easy by color coding reserved words, pairing braces and brackets; numbering lines, and it even has a spellcheck plugin that is very useful in java. also, its a portable app, which means that you can store it and alll of its files on a flash drive so that you can use it on any computer!