xisto Community
sl4y3r1980

How To Protect Your Email Account

Hi... members ^_^Today, I'll give this instruction how to protect your email from intruders, hackers, and viruses.1. Check your email account every day. If you found anything that you inspect them as viruses, hacks, and intruders, immediately delete this email, otherwise, I don't know then.2. Please in your computer, install the antivirus (recommended) that supports the e-mail scanning feature, this will ensures that your email account is not filled with spams, hacker's message, and viruses. And this is recommended to update your antivirus definitions, to make your antivirus is always up-to-date.If you have the other tips, please post it here. Thanks for all.

I am bit surprise you didn't mention ot make sure your email accounts have complex passwords so hackers can't get into them like with an easy, common password such as god or admin. Of course if you plan to sign up for a service it is recommend that you have a dummy email account so all the spam and other wonderful will go there, and not to your primary account.

I always use dummy accounts when I register at websites that I am not sure of. My main accounts are only for school/work/friends related emails.

also check if the sender is legitimate..a good email program can filter the spam but there is no harm in being careful..don't believe in some email hoaxes that you receive without thinking twice..and never forward it to others unless it is of great importance...don't open email attachments if you don't know it's content, even if it's from your relative or friend..some virus do send email to you so that it can spread by using the contacts that you have in your email account..better use online email providers like google mail because they have online antivirus programs that scans your attachments for you automatically..plus, invest in good internet security programs like kaspersky to add up to your computer's security..

But the most important thing is that you make a very strong password and you shouldn't gave it to anyone. And you shouldn't use e-mail clients that are unpopular. Everyone should use thunderbird. It is just the best one.

I am bit surprise you didn't mention ot make sure your email accounts have complex passwords so hackers can't get into them like with an easy, common password such as god or admin. Of course if you plan to sign up for a service it is recommend that you have a dummy email account so all the spam and other wonderful will go there, and not to your primary account.

Dummy accounts are a must. Otherwise you will never stop the endless spam.

i sometimes get spam but i mean what can it do. its not as if anyones stupid enough to give out important information. its only an email if you get it just read it and keep it. emails can't kill there just emails. they are anoying because they question everyones intelligence. a few days ago i got an email saying that one person related to me died on a plane crash ( the crash was real) had 20 million dollars and that i could get 40% of it. sounds pretty good huh! i'm still not sure what to do with it. i might just play along but never giving away my adress, age, or name as i go along. but its sitting in my inbox currently doing no harm so i don't know what this topic is about - "protect" your email account. from spammers? but they can't harm your email they just send you an email and it just sits there doing nothing.

I always delete messages from people I don't know. Just too be safe.As it is our computer has enough problems, due to its age (its about 5 years old) and it doesn't need anymore from a virus :)

I always use dummy accounts when I register at websites that I am not sure of. My main accounts are only for school/work/friends related emails.

That is a very good idea..... I should have 2 email addresses. That would be nice.

Also don't open e-mail's from people you don't know. It could be a virus espically if it has an attachment.

It is best to start that habit now. I started doing that since I received my first email address. =)
At least I know SOMEONE does that.