xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Wordpress Backup For A Server Move backing up a Wordpress site

i have question: how can we backup wordpress from fantastico...is it possible to backup and move it to new host if you want?

Edited by jlhaslip
split from another Topic - do not hijack threads (see edit history)

i dont know how to back up wordpress but why dont you try to install wordpress on the new server and using the transfer feature in worpress to transfer all the old stuff to the new wordpress on the new server.

I am not able to access Fantastico at the moment as I am at work but here is a guideline you could use. I suppose you want to save your posts and comments, you got 2 options for that.1) Backup from WordPressGo to Manage and then Export the XML file which contains your information. When you are done installing WordPress on a new server, you can then import this XML files and you won't lose any of your information on your previous server. 2) Backup from FantasticoThis is definitely a powerful option, you can go to phpmyadmin and export your database, and then import the database into your new server. Of course with this method, you would not only recover your posts, comments but also your plugin settings and any extra tables created by them. Personally I like to backup from WordPress itself, I wouldn't mind tweaking the settings of the plugins again (not many anyway). But its your call and I hope I have helped you.